Thread: New Things Coming from Hypertherm

Post Thanks / Like

New Things Coming from Hypertherm

Since we will have some great new things coming soon from Hypertherm...and the trade show season (IMTS, Fabtech (Vegas) and SEMA (Vegas) is rapidly approaching.....we needed some new speaker podiums for use at the trade shows. I volunteered to build them in my home shop (in between other projects)....and here are the first two.

I fabricated a frame from 1 x 1 x .083" wall square tube...then cnc plasma cut the top (10 gauge steel) and front and side panels. The new globe logo on the front has a lot of fine detail....so after cutting the two front panels I carried them over to our Laser cutting facility (in W. Lebanon, NH) and cut the logos. first unit on the left is complete, second unit is ready to be disassembled and painted (wish I had powder coating capability!).

As I have said before...the CNC Plasma in my home shop is the best tool I ever bought. And the plasma cutting on these was done with new technology that we will use these podiums to talk about! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Name:  IMG_0277.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  51.2 KBName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  89.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Things Coming from Hypertherm

Thanks for including the information regarding the materials you used. These are Very impressive!
    Dillon/Henrob/Cobra 2000, Victor 100FC, Meco-N-Midget, Hobart HH187, Miller Thunderbolt 225AC, Razorweld Vipercut 30A Plasma, and lots of grinders

Post Thanks / Like

Those would look neat with frosted plexiglass and colored light behind the logos.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of that.......but under orders from Marketing to have exact colors for the logo and the gray color! They will be inspecting these for infractions...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Those would look neat with frosted plexiglass and colored light behind the logos.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this new tech something to do with upgrading the consumables on your machines at home? Or more importantly my machines at my home..

I agree with the home CNC plasma stuff. Just makes things way easier then grinding things to fit all the time..
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 80i +

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing detail, if only my plasma could cut like that! The words and globe no problem but the cables on the bridge, the windows, etc only in my dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the difference in kerf width with mechanized cutting with the new 45xp and say a 65 or 85 with the fine cut consumables

Post Thanks / Like

If running at the same amperage, speed, height with Finecut consumables the kerf width will be identical with the Powermax45 XP, the 65, 85 and 105 systems. The original Powermax45 did not use the Finecuts...and would have a kerf that was approximately .006" to .010" wider when using the 45 amp shielded consumables.

I suspect with the new 45 XP you could experiment with lower amperage cutting (it goes as low as 10 amps.....while the others bottom out at 20 to 25 amps) at lower cut speeds for a narrow kerf and better accuracy. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s4cruiser View Post

You suck ...
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.