Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new coming from Hypertherm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something new coming from Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Sedanman View Post
    I think they have someone in mind for a YouTube review already.
    Hey it never hurts to ask and offer. A closed mouth don't get fed.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are referring to ChuckE2009 on YouTube....he bought his Powermax 45 when he was 17.....saved his pennies. We saw the review online long before we ever had any communication with him. We did loan him a Powermax30XP a couple of years ago to get his review. I flew to Texas to help him install the Powermax45 on his Plasmacam table....and to provide a few pointers on its operation. While there we jointly did some videos on air compressors, consumable life, plasma gouging and a few others. Great guy with down to earth videos, no scripting.

I will actually be filming some videos in my shop later this week. I have been using the new product for a couple of months now....and I'll have to give it back when I am done (though I may not be "done" for a couple years!)

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    i'll have to give it back when i am done (though i may not be "done" for a couple years!)

jim colt hypertherm
    lol...
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

There goes all credibility of that machine.. Guess we will all have to wait until a demo day.. Best anyway.. Puts things in the proper place, like the real world. Not net fantasy being bought off by the highest bidder.. .. Use one brand, and you are now a expert on every machine made on the planet..

So did Chuckie pay for the 30 air he tested? Was up for sale before the vid was done.. kind of wondered about the 85 too.. Good for him if he gets a deal, but also nice to know if it's a totally unbiased review..
    Last edited by Brand X; 09-25-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 80i +

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you are getting at BrandX. I have used the majority of brands of plasma cutters.....have 3 different brands in my home shop right at the moment. I won't consider myself an expert on every machine made on the planet ever. No possible way anyone could do that. In regards to ChuckE2009.....he is far from being an expoert on plasma cutters.....just ask him and he will tell you that. What his videos show are his trials and tribulations of using the process (and he had 3 different plasma brands in his shop when I was there last January) from the view of your average hobbyist or small welding shops perspective.

Look at some of the videos that come directly from manufacturers using pro videographers, scripts written by someone in marketing and perfect product performance always showing up.....hilarious to me as that doesn't happen in the real world. I personally liked ChuckE's recent video that was filming the Powermax45 when the electrode failed....green flame from the torch and all. That is the real world.. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    There goes all credibility of that machine.. Guess we will all have to wait until a demo day.. Best anyway.. Puts things in the proper place, like the real world. Not net fantasy being bought off by the highest bidder.. .. Use one brand, and you are now a expert on every machine made on the planet..

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's an acetylene generator !

Post Thanks / Like

If you are referring to ChuckE2009 on YouTube....he bought his Powermax 45 when he was 17.....saved his pennies. We saw the review online long before we ever had any communication with him. We did loan him a Powermax30XP a couple of years ago to get his review. I flew to Texas to help him install the Powermax45 on his Plasmacam table....and to provide a few pointers on its operation. While there we jointly did some videos on air compressors, consumable life, plasma gouging and a few others. Great guy with down to earth videos, no scripting.

I will actually be filming some videos in my shop later this week. I have been using the new product for a couple of months now....and I'll have to give it back when I am done (though I may not be "done" for a couple years!)

Jim Colt Hypertherm
    Jim, I'm no knocking anyone. It makes perfect sense from an advertising standpoint. I was just trying to let N2 down gently.
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

Awe that's swell some one considered my feelings. ha ha ha...
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 09-25-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was not talking about you, because you are open about who pays the bills.. Still did not answer the question about the 30 air/etc... I don't really consider Everlast type of machines to expand your knowledge of anything plasma cutting.. He makes statements as to the best without actually using the best of the other machines out.. Just does not have the knowledge or experience to make those claims.. (IMO) Never will expand on who is greasing the skids on some of those vids..Just looses almost all credibility doing that way..

Look at how Jody does it.. Pretty much always up front, and easy to believe most of what he says.. . Never says what is best, but does say what is a very good option for some.. Truthfulness is what come across in his vids. About the last thing that comes out of a Chuckie vids. What come out is about the exact opposite. Infomercial 100%

I have three different brands in my shop too, so that's kind of over rated as to knowledge of plasma cutters.. (IMO)
    Last edited by Brand X; 09-25-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 80i +

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Something new coming from Hypertherm

This guy maybe ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Well Gollllllie

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Jim, its 8:05 am lets see it
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

6:20 here. Will the official announcement be made from a Quonset somewharz in Tejas ? Perhaps up in MuchNewer England near the tundra ?

Post Thanks / Like

What I hate about reviews is filming and commenting during the "unboxing"

Unbox the machine on yer own time.

Also familiarize yourself with the functions first

I don't need to watch someone else figure out stuff
    I can do that on my own.

If you know how to operate it and can demonstrate that, that's helpful

Everything else is useless.

IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

John,

I tend to agree, however the younger crowd loves videos....and that is who ChuckE2009 has for an audience. If you look at the statistics (number of views and subscribers) his numbers are astonishing. When you look at the welding industry....you will see that there is a huge , huge shortage of welders, and the average age for certified welders is in the high 50 year old range. That means we will run out of welders, metal fabricators in a very few years.

What I see that videos produced that attract the attention of our younger people do....is to get them interested in this industry. That is a good thing. The young'ns don't want to listen to us old codgers yet (not until they are older and realize that we know a thing or two!)....they want to watch a video and learn from one of their peers. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    What I hate about reviews is filming and commenting during the "unboxing"

Unbox the machine on yer own time.

Also familiarize yourself with the functions first

I don't need to watch someone else figure out stuff
    I can do that on my own.

If you know how to operate it and can demonstrate that, that's helpful

Everything else is useless.

IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Powermax45XP. More Power, over 6500 watts vs 5900 watts from the original Powermax45. Auto air. CPC port with adjustable voltage divider output. New gouging capability for precision gouging (spot welds) or for full power gouging with better arc control. Marking, use either air or argon. Front panel on/off switch. No need to reset switch after consumable change. Finecut consumables. Amperage from 10 to 45. Rated for 5/8" production cutting (pierce to 1/2"). Cut with air or with F5 (hydrogen/Nitrogen premix gas) on stainless. Diagnostics. Optional serial port for cnc control. Here is a link to more info:

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/hyp...powermax45-xp/

Post Thanks / Like

Suggested retail price???

Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    It's another powermax 45 per. Plus it says portable.
    So here is my guess. A Powermax45 XP with a built in compressor and a duramax torch. If it is dual voltage that would be nice as **** too!
    Looks like thats a big NOPE
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

Post Thanks / Like

$2270 with hand torch. Same as the original 45. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Suggested retail price???

Post Thanks / Like

Powermax45XP. More Power, over 6500 watts vs 5900 watts from the original Powermax45. Auto air. CPC port with adjustable voltage divider output. New gouging capability for precision gouging (spot welds) or for full power gouging with better arc control. Marking, use either air or argon. Front panel on/off switch. No need to reset switch after consumable change. Finecut consumables. Amperage from 10 to 45. Rated for 5/8" production cutting (pierce to 1/2"). Cut with air or with F5 (hydrogen/Nitrogen premix gas) on stainless. Diagnostics. Optional serial port for cnc control. Here is a link to more info:

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/hyp...powermax45-xp/
    Can you talk more about the marking?
    Also, to take advantage of all the features will I need a new machine torch?
    600watts of power can give us how much more cutting capacity ?
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Marking can be done using air or argon. Argon is less aggressive and produces a finer mark when that is necessary. Here is some info regarding the marking process: https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/lea...metal-marking/

I have been using the same Duramax torch that I use with my Powermax85. It is not compatible with the original Powermax45 torches.

The additional Wattage (higher load voltage at the rated duty cycle) allows a 5/8" production rating....where the original 45 was rated at 1/2". Cut speeds are a bit faster on thicker materials as well.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Can you talk more about the marking?
    Also, to take advantage of all the features will I need a new machine torch?
    600watts of power can give us how much more cutting capacity ?

Post Thanks / Like

Adding dual voltage capability would increase the manufacturing cost, and the selling price of the Powermax45 XP. In our "Voice of the Customer" surveys over the last few years it was clear that a product of this capacity did not need dual voltage in order to satisfy the majority of potential customers. To run on a 20 amp 120 volt circuit the capacity would be the same as our Powermax30 XP operating on 120 volts. A household 120 volt 20 amp circuit can only produce 2400 Watts.....which means the practical cutting limit would be about 1/4" to 5/16".....any thicker cutting for more than a few seconds would trip the circuit breaker. Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by bevis28 View Post
    Looks like thats a big NOPE

Post Thanks / Like

Where are the standard type low amp nozzles? Need to get on that at some point..Something like the 30 amp-30 XP nozzle style. Not everybody is sold on fine cuts.. As far as finding f-5 gas. Airgas does not have any in their system,so about impossible to find for the normal user..Argon/Hydrogen only for SS welding..95-5 %
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 80i +

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Common sense says the main reason for having a 45 , or larger burner, indicates someone is working with an abundance of 3/8 plus and has the welder to glue back together what he's cutting up( HF90 Coupon Model with 14 add on capacitor).......in which case the 230 access is a given.DV is a waste of effort in this case. With all this there is also a damn good possiblity of a good air source close by.......unless the potential buyer is in mommy's basement

Post Thanks / Like

Does marking wear down consumables faster? Same consumables as cutting?
    Can you show us pictures of your testing results?

So the new machine torch I need is already on the market? Duramax 45 machine torch?
    Torchmate 2x2 CNC with Flashcut CNC controls
    Hypertherm Powermax45
    2015 AHP Tig
    Razorweld 195 Mig
    Razorweld 200ac/dc Tig
    ViperMig 180
    Razorweld, Vipercut/Vipermig, SSC Foot Pedal & MK Products & Atlas Positioner Dealer