+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tractor Supply Hobarts???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tractor Supply Hobarts???

Quote Originally Posted by mojave_ron View Post
    Tractor Supply is having a sale on the hobart stickmate lx 235ac 160dc welder right now., I just ordered one curb side pickup today from my local Tractor Supply for $279.99, just received the email to pick it up.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14027435-ho...-welder-279-99
    Wow...that is a steal! I've had a couple of the blue versions....Miller Thunderbolt XL and they weld beautifully. As mentioned, they will last almost forever. There's very little to go wrong with them that can't be fixed, and usually pretty inexpensively. At that price I almost want to buy one and put it in the corner just in case!
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I love the HH140 I got at TSC a few years ago. Something I wonder now is whether the Champion Elite 225's will still be in stock now with the newer 260's or whether they'll be phased out and thus go on clearance. I REALLY want to grab a 225 anyway, but have been waiting to pay other stuff off first and wait for the right moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by russ69coupe View Post
    I've read here in the main forum that the TSC Hobart machines are like the Lincoln HD versions sold at Home Depot-lesser quality.
    Is this true, and if so how could I tell which is which when looking at a used machine?
    And if true how much of a lesser quality? Something a hobbyist wouldn't really notice, or ???
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Is a Hobart from Tractor Supply the same unit as if same Hobart machine was purchased at a welding supply ? I think that was the actual question.

I read the question like HOBART to HOBART forget about Miller. I think anybody knows they won't get a Miller anything at Tractor Supply and it would be lesser machines in a Hobart to begin with but nothing to do with the question. Hobart is budget machine compared to a Miller most realize.
    Last edited by danielplace; 09-06-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    Is a Hobart from Tractor Supply the same unit as if same Hobart machine was purchased at a welding supply ?
    They appear the same, though I noticed that some of the HH140's had 4 setting voltage taps instead of 5. I got mine from TSC and thankfully is a 5 setting one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist