+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exciting News!

Post Thanks / Like

Exciting News!

To WeldingWeb Community Members:

Today marks a special day for WeldingWeb. As of November 1, 2022, the WeldingWeb forum will be owned and operated by the folks at VerticalScope. They have expressed the desire to continue to run WeldingWeb as it's always run, while being innovative in delivering high quality content and a great forum community experience. Other than some new admins doing the behind-the-scenes work, and some very necessary software updates, very little else will change. The biggest change you might expect is better access to resources and a dedicated team of community management staff around to help out.

We are all incredibly excited about this new direction for the WeldingWeb community – securing the community with a world-class organization that excels in running forums and keeping their platforms safe, secure, and stable. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to let us know. On behalf of Endeavor Business Media, thank you for being part of the WeldingWeb community.

cheers,
    robb

2. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Exciting News!

Hello everyone!

On behalf of the Community Management team, we'd like to offer you the warmest of welcomes to the VerticalScope family of forums! Our team helps manage the site administration and maintenance duties of keeping WeldingWeb operational, and we wanted to take the opportunity to not only say hello, but also to share a little bit about what to expect.

Who Are We?

VerticalScope is a network of forum communities around the internet. The community management staff on our team help make the work of the forum moderators and administrators easier.

What Do We Do?

Community means a great deal to us - we're all community people, and so continuity and stability are our primary aim. We bring reliability, support, and the infrastructure required to ensure that this community will be able to thrive for many years to come. It is our goal to work with the volunteer moderators/administrators to provide the resources required to increase reach, attract new members, increase engagement, and better the community experience overall.

What Will Change?

From a cultural side, next to nothing, you will eventually see our TOS and Privacy Policies in place but you’ll find they’re the same as you already work with. From a technical standpoint in the coming months you will see some necessary software updates and a change in the look and feel as we have a platform we’ve built up that should improve performance. Apart from that you'll now have access to better resources as well as community management staff for support and forum-related technical issues. Community is the focus here, and we know that the members of every forum work to keep things going awesomely. You're a huge part of that success, and we're here to ensure that the lights stay on, upkeep is tended to, and the infrastructure gets the attention it needs.

If you have any questions, ask away!

We're looking forward to working with the members, mods and admins here, and we're incredibly happy to be with you.
    Warm Regards,
    The VerticalScope Community Team

4. Likes wb4rt, Robb M., LtBadd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok let’s party
    Retired Old Guy

Hobart 210
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Evolution 14” Saw

6. Likes VSAdmin, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Robb, may you please check your PMs?
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't look exciting to me, I'm out.
    🤪
    http://facebook.com/weldmanscontracting
    http://youtube.com/@SequesteredRidgeRanchLLC
    Lincoln 210MP
    Lincoln AC/DC 225 "Tombstone"
    Lincoln 140
    Miller 255
    Simadre 50P Plasma Cutter

9. Likes Lis2323, Podman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _Weldman_ View Post
    lol you beat me to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

11. Likes Podman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Corporate geeks and blue collar workers speak very different languages. Sometimes new site ownership is an improvement, sometimes it's not. Let's just give them a chance to see what they can do.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

13. Likes 52 Ford, WenValley, pinetree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is NEVER good news.

15. Likes Fab54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just learned of this last night and know nothing of VerticalScope but I suggest we give them a chance to see what they can do and if they listen to issues that may arise.

Where else can we find a welding forum equal to that of WW?
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

You guys who have posted photos and videos, make sure you have backups!! Seems like "upgrade" means lost visuals. I wonder if there is a way to download and save your posts so they can be replaced later. I just noticed in the first reply post that all the options on the task bar are gone! Strike one.......

UPDATE: In the thread "Actual Funny Stuff", I just noticed that the photos from the past few days are not visible ,only some text reference to them. I saw ONE from just recently. The options in the task bar ARE present in this update.....Strike two.......

UPDATE, UPDATE...now the photos are BACK up in that thread...things are really screwy!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by shortfuse; 11-29-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    You guys who have posted photos and videos, make sure you have backups!! Seems like "upgrade" means lost visuals. I wonder if there is a way to download and save your posts so they can be replaced later. I just noticed in the first reply post that all the options on the task bar are gone! Strike one.......

UPDATE: In the thread "Actual Funny Stuff", I just noticed that the photos from the past few days are not visible ,only some text reference to them. I saw ONE from just recently. The options in the task bar ARE present in this update.....Strike two.......

UPDATE, UPDATE...now the photos are BACK up in that thread...things are really screwy!!!!!!!!
    Other than the site being moved to a new server there has been nothing else done. I can promise you that we did nothing to photos posted anywhere on the site. They may have been slow to load causing the text to load first. The text referencing is for accessibility. We are very careful to keep backups of everything already to maintain continuity even in the event of an update.
    -Philip

19. Likes scsmith42, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post

Didn't see any of that here.... are you sure you don't have some issues at your end?
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if Elon Musk is sniffing around.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

22. Likes VSAdmin, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Wonder if Elon Musk is sniffing around.
    I think his hands are already pretty full.
    -Philip

24. Likes scsmith42, 52 Ford liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason a big company comes in and buys a forum is to sell advertising. When I switch TV channels I always seem to hit a commercial. So exhausting. We are being bombarded with advertising at every turn. Sad that this is what the world has come to. Make a great product and you won't need to spend money on advertising. Happy customers and word of mouth will drive your business. Make a crap product and advertise the hell out of it.
    Last edited by Fab54; 12-01-2022 at 10:23 AM.

26. Likes Drroaster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's just give them a chance to see what they can do.
    I agree, with a bit of trepidation and hope as change never seems to work out for the better

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fab54 View Post
    The only reason a big company comes in and buys a forum is to sell advertising. When I switch TV channels I always seem to hit a commercial. So exhausting. We are being bombarded with advertising at every turn. Sad that this is what the world has come to. Make a great product and you won't need to spend money on advertising. Happy customers and word of mouth will drive your business. Make a crap product and advertise the hell out of it.
    well, lol, i dont think any of us are paying memebership fees here. i highly doubt, this site runs for free, and i imagine the owners have living costs like most working people. we all want/need to make money. watching tv is usually bad for us
    Last edited by 123weld; 12-01-2022 at 01:02 PM.

29. Likes Lis2323, wb4rt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I switch TV channels I always seem to hit a commercial. So exhausting. We are being bombarded with advertising at every turn. Sad that this is what the world has come to. Make a great product and you won't need to spend money on advertising. Happy customers and word of mouth will drive your business.

I assume this is a business model that works well for you?
    :

Post Thanks / Like

I will wait and see
    I hope good.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by NotaVegetarian View Post
    Ok let’s party

32. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can certainly see how running a big forum like this could get to be really tiring. Have to give the new blood a chance just like the new members to the forum.

34. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _Weldman_ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    lol you beat me to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I assume this is a business model that works well for you?
    I'm not against advertising. I am against advertising overload. I believe this site already does have some advertising with the sponsored forums that is very unobtrusive. Certainly nobody wants to work for free. By the way I though you were out? Or was that fake news? I'm not out, just looking to see what happens and how the future unfolds.
    Primeweld Cut 60 Plasma Cutter
    Millermatic 211
    Lincoln Precision TIG 225
    Century 250 MIG
    Lincoln 225 AC Box (sold)

I support my local welding store (Amazon, McMasterCarr, Cyberweld, EBay). Yes it's sarcasm.

36. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

fab54. hey, i know what u mean about commercials, i like the stereo, and the commercials drive me nuts. but its the covid commercials that drive me over the edge, i had to quit listening to stereo all together for a while it was so bad. anyway, u have a point about a good product selling itself. i can deal w advertising as long as its not some obnoxious vioce screaming, and its not nonsense

38. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not against advertising. I am against advertising overload. I believe this site already does have some advertising with the sponsored forums that is very unobtrusive. Certainly nobody wants to work for free. By the way I though you were out? Or was that fake news? I'm not out, just looking to see what happens and how the future unfolds.
    nope. sorry, weldman's comment wasn't intended to be taken literally on my part.

i WILL be outta here but not likely today

hope you and others hang around and make the best of it.
    :

40. Likes VSAdmin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    fab54. hey, i know what u mean about commercials, i like the stereo, and the commercials drive me nuts. but its the covid commercials that drive me over the edge, i had to quit listening to stereo all together for a while it was so bad. anyway, u have a point about a good product selling itself. i can deal w advertising as long as its not some obnoxious vioce screaming, and its not nonsense
    If you ever see anything on here that blocks your view, makes noise or tries to take you away without you explicitly engaging it. I need to to be the first to know about it so I can figure out why its here and how to make it leave as fast as possible.
    -Philip

42. Likes Meltedmetal, 123weld, 52 Ford, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    If you ever see anything on here that blocks your view, makes noise or tries to take you away without you explicitly engaging it. I need to to be the first to know about it so I can figure out why its here and how to make it leave as fast as possible.
    -Philip
    Glad to hear it. One concern is about future of our existing moderators/site personnel. One of the reasons there so valuable, is there capability of address us individually as they know our personalities , which took years to accumulate. Also they put alot of work in cleaning up the site in last couple yrs, bring it to where it is now. I think some of the above resentment is related to this. Will you please comment on this concern ? thanks
    Last edited by 123weld; 12-05-2022 at 10:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist