+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Racks for shoring

Post Thanks / Like

Racks for shoring

I've been really busy, every weekend, with various projects. Here is one easy project, racks for shoring. You see, about 300 of these were all stacked on 4x4's. Well, it took 3 guys, 2 hours to load them onto a truck. And twice they fell of the fork truck, and went sailing down the drive and into the street. The boss said, "MAKE ME SOME RACKS!!!" I had to build 8 total. There were 6 for the large, 1 for the small, and 1 (not shown) for the "I" connectors. The channel iron is 3", and the sheet is 1/4". I ran .045 hardwire and C25 then switched to straight CO2.

Name:  IMG_2417.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  69.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2416.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  72.1 KB
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Racks for shoring

Looks good. I hate having to load stuff twice due to odd shapes/sizes not staying where they were put. But, I'm getting better at it... Now I tell the kids, "pick that up!" That'll work until they move out!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

If the Lights are a Flashin', STAY OFF the tracks!!! It might be me at the Throttle...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, as usual. only thing i would add forklift pockets in the base and lifting eyes on the top, just to make it harder for them to get torn up.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leightrepairs View Post
    Looks good, as usual. only thing i would add forklift pockets in the base and lifting eyes on the top, just to make it harder for them to get torn up.

Mike
    If you look close, those are fork pockets, just large ones. The base is 5'x2', I put three 2' channels, then two 5" channels under those. I didn't want it to tip off of the forks, when on a rough dirt job site. Also, these are not going to be used much, if at all. He just bought out a concrete company, these were there, and he just happen to be working on a project that needed these, so he rented them out.

Name:  IMG_2415.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by Stick-man; 02-13-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops guess i should clean my glasses, or open my eyes before I open my mouth.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

They worked perfect!

Name:  IMG_2599.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2601.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  68.2 KB
    "Stick-man"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist