+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Local school, or hobart ?

Post Thanks / Like

Local school, or hobart ?

As part of my continued effort to get back into welding, I have decided to go to some type of schooling. My question is, do people think it would be smarter to go to a 2 year AA college program, or a welding specific school like Hobart that runs about 6 to 9 months ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local school, or hobart ?

I think member here Lanse went to the Hobart welding school. PM him and ask his opinion of that school. I would look into Lincoln’s welding school also.
    Don’t pay any attention to me
    I’m just a hobbyist!

Carl

Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    SG Spool gun
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200ST
    3 SA-200s
    Vantage 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1316pierce View Post
    As part of my continued effort to get back into welding, I have decided to go to some type of schooling. My question is, do people think it would be smarter to go to a 2 year AA college program, or a welding specific school like Hobart that runs about 6 to 9 months ?
    school are in business to make money so not cheap BUT many local schools have local connections to local businesses looking to hire people right out of school. so often a school will help you find job or at least have a job posting board on who, where to go to apply for job. plus other students may already have jobs and can tell you what it is like working for their company and can say if their company is looking for more people to hire
    that alone is worth as much as the welding degree

Post Thanks / Like

I took Lincolns Motorsport welding class (mostly TIG on various materials): it was an awesome class and at the time, very reasonable price. Just based on what others post about the community college experience, I wouldn't think twice about going back to Lincoln for more education. I can imagine Hobarts is similar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist