+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 200 SM fan drives, nothing else

Post Thanks / Like

200 SM fan drives, nothing else

i have a 200 sm that worked like a champ till i loaned it out,,, forgot who had it then i remembered, went thru the usual" you already got it back, i brought it back, you sent a guy with note to take it" well i went thru his junk trucks and found it in the bed of an old ford,, 2 years outside!!! the fan drives but wont strike a spark, i suspect the board but dont know, everything looks good, no obvious burns or blowouts, i did find voltage at the rectifiers also on the ON POWER light, it just wont weld,, what would u suggest to look for, does anyone have a powcon board 105019, i did find one company sed they had a new never used 105019,, 754.00$, wont be getting that one, ive been looking at AHP160 i think stick and tig,, any ideas, suggestions??? buck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 200 SM fan drives, nothing else

You might look thorugh the threads in the Powcon section. I last used ARC products but have heard they are out of business. Bodine Elecric welder shop in Decatur IL (217) 423-2593 Ask for Brian. They will work on them but I am not sure where they get parts.
    You might consider pushing back on thte dead beat you loaned it to. Tell him you loaned him a working machine and you want a working machine back. A miller XMT 304 would be a good trade.

Maybe you only have dirty contacts in the switches and relays. Good luck

Dan D.
    Manipulator Of Metal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 200 SM fan drives, nothing else

Moral of the story, never loan out tools! Learned this as an auto mechanic many years ago. You can come over and use my tools or I can do the work for you/help you, but I NEVER loan out my tools

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist