I just brought home a 14-pin 300sm thinking it would plug right in to a Powerdrive I/M sitting on a shelf. In fact, I think it will-but before proceeding any further I thought I'd check the manual. PD-I/M's manual doesn't mention the 300sm in its list of compatible models; the 275sm and 400sm both are on the list--but not the 300sm. On the other hand, in the manual for the Powerdrive I/E the 300sm is listed as compatible.

Looks to me like the 300sm supplies 120vac on pins 1-2 for feeder power. But the PD-I/M appears to want 24vac, at least by my read of the schematic in its manual. And that doesn't sound tres flash. Maybe it's just a matter of finding a cozy spot to wire in 24v transformer on the PD-I/M and Bob's your uncle--or maybe there's more to it. Comparing the schematics for PD-I/E, PD-I/M and the 300sm has been making my head spin. The pin labeling conventions don't all seem to be the same, the I/M pinouts don't look to differ from those for the I/E except for just the voltage difference, etc.

Cut to the chase, already: Has anyone run a PD-I/M on their 300sm? How did you wire the system?

Thanks very much in advance.