+ Reply to Thread

Thread: harbor freight welder mig 180

Post Thanks / Like

harbor freight welder mig 180

OK it has been about a week since i bought my mig and i have put it up to both gas and flux wire and to say i have noticed a whole lot of difference in the cleanness of the weld. I have damaged my gas nozzle buy getting it too hot and went through a few tips but right now i have it set up for flux.I am getting a gas tank an maybe some wire for mig today since i have to pickup my glasses and return some gas nozzles purchased at harbor freight because they only sell the ones for the old model welders so i have to go to oconee welding to get new nozzle and return the old one to harbor freight. for the most part welding is not that new to me since i have been around it all of my life since i was a kid i had watched my dad and grandpa who cant weld anymore due to having a pacemaker and i can only learn from what my dad can show me and what my grandpa can see so i think i may be getting the bead rhythm and my nozzle and tip with the flux wire is getting clogged up easy if not getting the tip welded together. and i am kind of having a problem of splatter with the flux and the polarity is correct for the wires.
    Last edited by ryancrowe92; 05-08-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: edit

Post Thanks / Like

Re: harbor freight welder mig 180

What size of wire using and what polarity
    Trailblazer 325
    Snycrowave 210
    Millermatic 252
    Millermatic 211
    Spectrum 875
    X-Treme 12 VS
    Old 250 tig welder

Post Thanks / Like

Re: harbor freight welder mig 180

for flux i have torch on negative and ground on positive and mig is one where it is the other way and right now i have it on gas and their is no slag, or splatter what so ever.
    also my hose that came with it wouldnt stay on so i got a new thicker one and it works 10 times better. and i have been using .035 flux but the mig wire i don't know 0.03 or .035

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist