+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San antonio tx / looking for stick welder 1 +/- hours giving pointers on use

Post Thanks / Like

San antonio tx / looking for stick welder 1 +/- hours giving pointers on use

As noted:

Just thought to throw this out there... Just looking for someone who is good with stick welding - and can spare
    a hour giving pointer..

Fyi following:

I am not a welder by trade. My use has been limited to mig ( miller 211 )... Long story short got a miller big 40, 1988
    version, with only 500ish hours. Got it running and will do i basic restore.. That and yes a diff arc machine somewhere
    down the line...

I wish to learn some stick welding - most likely 90% time will be 1/8 - 3/16 steel. So this brings me to looking
    for 1 hour +/- pointers on using stick on noted steel.. Basically this would be a big help in moving me along and
    invaluable as for quick learning..

I can come to you... Bring scrap / sticks.. If you need a little help cleaning up or other would be more then happy
    to help in exchange for moving me along...

I know the thing to do is burn sticks.. My point is a hour or even 30 mins of watching me burn sticks on 1/8 - 3/16 steel
    - and give feedback - would / could / will jump countless hours of self induced ??

ME: 50'S YEAR OF AGE / REGISTERED NURSE
    Last edited by sandmanxx; 06-05-2017 at 07:18 PM.
    San Antonio, Texas..

Miller 211
    MILLER BIG 40 ( 1988 RETRO IN WORKS )
    Dreaming of a 4x4 plasma table build.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: San antonio tx / looking for stick welder 1 +/- hours giving pointers on use

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanxx View Post
    As noted:

Just thought to throw this out there... Just looking for someone who is good with stick welding - and can spare
    a hour giving pointer..

Fyi following:

I am not a welder by trade. My use has been limited to mig ( miller 211 )... Long story short got a miller big 40, 1988
    version, with only 500ish hours. Got it running and will do i basic restore.. That and yes a diff arc machine somewhere
    down the line...

I wish to learn some stick welding - most likely 90% time will be 1/8 - 3/16 steel. So this brings me to looking
    for 1 hour +/- pointers on using stick on noted steel.. Basically this would be a big help in moving me along and
    invaluable as for quick learning..

I can come to you... Bring scrap / sticks.. If you need a little help cleaning up or other would be more then happy
    to help in exchange for moving me along...

I know the thing to do is burn sticks.. My point is a hour or even 30 mins of watching me burn sticks on 1/8 - 3/16 steel
    - and give feedback - would / could / will jump countless hours of self induced ??

ME: 50'S YEAR OF AGE / REGISTERED NURSE
    I'm in San Antonio. Not a trade welder, but I have a year of welding school and did a bunch of stick work on our farm. You still looking? I'm retired, best times for me is daytime, during the week.
    -Ruark
    "Become one with the puddle, grasshopper" - Welding Instructor
    Lincoln 3200HD
    Hobart Stickmate LX235
    TWECO Fabricator 211i

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist