+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New to me "JUNK $75.00 '97 ESAB Migmaster 250 " Let's get it working again... HELP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to me "JUNK $75.00 '97 ESAB Migmaster 250 " Let's get it working again... HEL

Owned my machine for 12 -13 years and never knew that there is a flat knurled pressure roll available. I'm going to have to order one them, and start using it with solid wire over the knurled lower drive roll.
    ESAB Migmaster 250
    Hobart Ironman 230
    Multimatic 215
    TWECO Fabricator 181i & 211i
    HH125EZ - nice little fluxcore only unit

Maxstar 150 STH - very nice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to me "JUNK $75.00 '97 ESAB Migmaster 250 " Let's get it working again... HEL

I just noticed it looks like they are shipping the order short. A few days ago I called to inquire about why it was taking so long. I was informed that they were waiting for a flat roller. Looks like they shipped it less the .040 - 1/16 serrated roller as the charge is $0.00
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Parts arrived and they eventually charged me for that roller they shipped which they did not initially charge me for.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

So how's your machine working out for you?

Post Thanks / Like

It works good. I have not used it for a minute. Tore the gun appart at the machine end wanting to convert a tweco V350 15’ spraymaster gun to work on this machine. That is where it sits. I got sidetracked buying a couple of garden tractors and other things. Had a vacation and had to learn how to diagnose and repair the ac compressor for my home. My biggest concern was getting this machine to work properly. Since getting it to weld like I think it should I moved onto other projects. I have it for later on when I get involved in large projects and spray transfer.

Edit: I also still need to get a good multi meter that can measure DC amperage.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 07-25-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The guy that sold this machine to me still has another one listed. He has been trying to sell it for the longest time. The machine he is trying to sell is suppose to be a good working machine given a good bill of health by a repair center. He is asking less than $400 for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by AGW; 07-25-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you AGW. The description states that it does not measure dc current.

Post Thanks / Like

This meter seems to capable of what I want a meter to be able to do for not too much money. Notice it can read both AC & DC Current.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019CY4FB4...b-dde85a0196ea
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 07-25-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I went back and edited my post after I posted it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    This meter seems to capable of what I want a meter to be able to do for not too much money. Notice it can read both AC & DC Current.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019CY4FB4...b-dde85a0196ea
    I have that meter and am very satisfied with the quality and function

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you MJD It looks like it has way more good reviews over the bad ones and even some comparing it as an alternative to their more expensive Fluke meter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Thank you MJD It looks like it has way more good reviews over the bad ones and even some comparing it as an alternative to their more expensive Fluke meter.
    I have a fluke and bought this as a lower cost option to keep for home use. It's done all I need and the magnet, light and non contact voltage are nice extra features.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    I have a fluke and bought this as a lower cost option to keep for home use. It's done all I need and the magnet, light and non contact voltage are nice extra features.
    Tonight I finally broke down and purchased a meter that I think will do all that I need to do diagnostically as far as I am educated enough to do any way.

I bought a Craftsman Pro Series AC/DC True RMS Clamp Meter https://www.shopyourway.com/craftsma...eter/721483452

I got a decent deal so I figured I better get one while the getting is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased a New in bag TREGASKISS 417-65 QUICK CONNECT TWECO #4 / EURO Adapter on EBAY for the Spraymaster 350 mig gun. I will finally be able to try the new to me Spraymaster V350 gun on this machine

The seller was pretty cool and was very attentive in helping me determine this would work on my gun. He wanted to me tell any one I know the following.

If you know anyone looking for any welding stuff tell them to check me out. I have several Tregaskiss and Bernard guns listed. Also have some Tweco guns I plan on listing. All my stuff is new. I have several tig torches too.. complete torch setups or just the heads.

- iwillsellit4less
    Here is the listing I just purchased. https://www.ebay.com/itm/19282388473...m=192823884736

Here are some pics of the adapter.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 03-04-2019 at 12:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist