Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 223

Thread: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    I did some bata testing on this unit and posted it on here but it must have gotten lost when the site crashed.

    Anyway they are in and are for sale on Amazon here is the link.

    https://www.amazon.com/PRIMEWELD-Sti...K5Q5HN40DGVHE9
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Wow,

    That's interesting, George.

    And it's cool that a WW member is a beta tester of a new unit like this coming to market.

    This one looks like it hits the same selling points as the AHP AlphaTIG, for price ($699, delivered), features, included extras, etc.

    Plus, 225 amps, too!
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 04-08-2018 at 02:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    9,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Wow,

    That's interesting, George.

    And it's cool that a WW member is a beta tester of a new unit like this coming to market.

    This one looks like it hits the same selling points as the AHP AlphaTIG, for price, features, included extras, etc.

    Plus, 225 amps, too!
    Geez..like flies to $hit..................LMFAO............................................................ .................................................. ...........couldnt help it CL..........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sebeka and Bemidji MN
    Posts
    14,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    Geez..like flies to $hit..................LMFAO............................................................ .................................................. ...........couldnt help it CL..........
    This did not need to be said.

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Nah,

    Just not a Debbie Downer...

    Of course, I don't mind the banter or antagonism, Hobby. And I'm recently enjoying our semi-debate in the Political Thread, which I seem to be driven into, due to some recent posts of mine being placed there. Previously, I never even bothered to look or post in that thread. But I might start loading up there, since that might be the only place, other than the Everlast Area, that I'm immune from the snowflakes and crybabies. Ha, ha, ha... Otherwise, hopefully the complainers won't come out in George's thread and beg the moderators to relieve their anxiety (as if I'm actually causing it). There's nothing to really cry about here.
    Let's put this right out in the open then.

    I get almost zero complaints about people, when I do get them, they are mostly about you.

    You think it's fun to poke at people in welding threads, many members do not agree.

    In the political thread, very little matters to members and I don't get complaints.

    You are on borrowed time, again.
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    9,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    [QUOTE=MinnesotaDave;8608044]This did not need to be said.



    I was just having some fun with him, nothing more and not a dig at mechanics post.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    9,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    This did not need to be said.
    But it was still funny. George is a good guy, so I would like to hear more about it and his experience with it.
    And if a certain person says Black Swan anywhere in this or any other thread, they should be automatically banned. Hehe. No skirting the rules like this either...
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Florida aka The Gunshine State :)
    Posts
    368
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    But it was still funny. George is a good guy, so I would like to hear more about it and his experience with it.
    And if a certain person says Black Swan anywhere in this or any other thread, they should be automatically banned. Hehe. No skirting the rules like this either...
    Im on the back side of the joke.
    Whats the deal with the black swan.
    Or is that a taboo subject ?
    When i grow up i want to be a welder

    PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Nah,

    Just not a Debbie Downer...

    Of course, I don't mind the banter or antagonism, Hobby. And I'm recently enjoying our semi-debate in the Political Thread, which I seem to be driven into, due to some recent posts of mine being placed there. Previously, I never even bothered to look or post in that thread. But I might start loading up there, since that might be the only place, other than the Everlast Area, that I'm immune from the snowflakes and crybabies. Ha, ha, ha... Otherwise, hopefully the complainers won't come out in George's thread and beg the moderators to relieve their anxiety (as if I'm actually causing it). There's nothing to really cry about here.

    I think a new AC/DC TIG unit with AC frequency control to 200Hz is great. 225 amps is a cool niche in amperage, too.

    Maybe George will inform us on the max duty-cycle and begin in this thread to give his fuller impression of the AC arc characteristics and HF starts, etc, as I didn't the thread that George did on this unit, only an earlier 250 amp Eastwood MIG unit, that he liked well.

    I've seen numerous, extremely good user/buyer feedback regarding other units (identical to one I owned for several years) from the PrimeWeld importer, which reportedly has outstanding support too.

    https://www.amazon.com/PrimeWeld-Ct5...imeweld+welder

    It's a good time for welding!

    Name:  913RLhe1O9L._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 10357
Size:  129.1 KB
    Last edited by C. Livingstone; 04-08-2018 at 02:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    northeast USA
    Posts
    9,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by C. Livingstone View Post
    Nah,

    Just not a Debbie Downer...

    Of course, I don't mind the banter or antagonism, Hobby. And I'm recently enjoying our semi-debate in the Political Thread, which I seem to be driven into, due to some recent posts of mine being placed there. Previously, I never even bothered to look or post in that thread. But I might start loading up there, since that might be the only place, other than the Everlast Area, that I'm immune from the snowflakes and crybabies. Ha, ha, ha... Otherwise, hopefully the complainers won't come out in George's thread and beg the moderators to relieve their anxiety (as if I'm actually causing it). There's nothing to really cry about here.

    I think a new AC/DC TIG unit with AC frequency control to 200Hz is great. 225 amps is a cool niche in amperage, too.

    Maybe George will inform us on the max duty-cycle and begin in this thread to give his fuller impression of the AC arc characteristics and HF starts, etc, as I didn't the thread that George did on this unit, only an earlier 250 amp Eastwood MIG unit, that he liked well.

    I've seen numerous, extremely good user/buyer feedback regarding other units (identical to one I owned for several years) from the PrimeWeld importer, which reportedly has outstanding support too.

    https://www.amazon.com/PrimeWeld-Ct5...imeweld+welder

    It's a good time for welding!
    I was just havin some fun with you..I just said to myself you would be the first cheerleader on this ,,and you were.. and no intent to say anything negative about mechanics post on a true review of a welder...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Thank you for the detailed review of the Primeweld machine. I purchased one yesterday from the Amazon link. I appreciate your candor and ... ummm.... humor.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    I ordered a PrimeWeld last night on ebay. I had a 10% off coupon up to $50 from Ebay so for $725 I figured why not.

    A few months back I purchased a Vulcan 165 ProTig from HF. Last week I was having some issues with the machine so I returned it. At the time when I got the Vulcan I did not know about the PrimeWeld, so when HF asked if I wanted to swap out machines or get a refund I took the refund so I could get the PrimeWeld. I don't know if I will ever need to use AC, but now that option is there if the need ever come's.

    I was very happy with the ProTig, I am hoping that the PrimeWeld does not disappoint.



    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberrocker View Post
    I checked out the Harbor Freight pedal as well. Being that I had a HF store credit to burn I figured that I would give it a go. With the %20 off any Vulcan accessory and additional $5.00 off coupons I picked it up for $51.00. Another reason for my HF purchase was pedal compatibility. The pedal that ships with the PrimeWeld has a resistance of 10K (Ohms) and the HF Vulcan is a 10K pedal as well so there is no potentiometer swapping involved with the conversion. I had a spare compatible 7 Pin connector so after a bit of wire tracing and soldering I was good to go . (I have the pin-outs if anyone would like them). Anyway the HF pedal is working out just fine for me. Now I am not claiming that HF is the worlds finest TIG pedal but it's pretty damn good one for $51.00.

    Can you PM me the pinout or post it? I neglected to put the peddle from my ProTig in the box before I brought it back to HF, so I still have the peddle.

    If I don't like the peddle that comes with the PrimeWeld, I may have to wire in the peddle from the ProTig.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    9,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    George. Got any more info on your testing or experience with this machine and it's accessories? Are you going to be doing warranty work for them?
    US or Chinese based distributor?
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    George. Got any more info on your testing or experience with this machine and it's accessories? Are you going to be doing warranty work for them?
    US or Chinese based distributor?
    All I can say is the control face plate and color is the same as the one I tested. I have not tested the production units and have not been asked to. I do not know who will be doing the warranty work for them, as I was not asked to do it.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sparks, NV
    Posts
    9,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    All I can say is the control face plate and color is the same as the one I tested. I have not tested the production units and have not been asked to. I do not know who will be doing the warranty work for them, as I was not asked to do it.
    What did you think of the actual arc quality and features? Accessories are same generic Chinese stuff?
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    What did you think of the actual arc quality and features? Accessories are same generic Chinese stuff?
    To "me" it welds as good as most tig welders in that price range, and should work well for most small shops, light production work and hobby welders. Other then the addition of the CK torch all the same old stuff, but that helps keep the price down and it works.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Man it didn't take long for this to go down hill

    From the testing I did it worked as well as most tig welders in this price range, they did make thing standard as suggested like the 1/2" dinse and 5/8" x 18 argon fittings as well as updating to a real CK 17FX torch.



    Anyway for anyone that would like to have some info on this unit here is some.

    10 to 225 amps, AC/DC w/pulse, 120/240 volt, pre and post flow, Ck flex head torch 12 1/2' SF hose with 1/2" dinse with 5/8"x18 standard argon fittings.

    Duty cycle 120 volt
    TIG 40% @ 140, 100% @ 108
    MMA 40% @ 120, 100% @ 76

    Duty cycle 240 volt
    TIG 40% @ 225, 100% @ 155
    MMA 40% @ 180, 100% @ 139

    3 Year warranty

    For more info contact Primeweld @ primeclickllc@gmail.com

    Sold by a seller here in the USA and has been around for a few years has good feedback.
    Last edited by mechanic416; 04-08-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Man it didn't take long for this to go down hill

    From the testing I did it worked as well as most tig welders in this price range, they did make thing standard as suggested like the 1/2" dinse and 5/8" x 18 argon fittings as well as updating to a real CK 17FX torch.



    Anyway for anyone that would like to have some info on this unit here is some.

    10 to 225 amps, AC/DC w/pulse, 120/240 volt, pre and post flow, Ck flex head torch 12 1/2' SF hose with 1/2" dinse with 5/8"x18 standard argon fittings.

    Duty cycle 120 volt
    TIG 40% @ 140, 100% @ 108
    MMA 40% @ 120, 100% @ 76

    Duty cycle 240 volt
    TIG 40% @ 225, 100% @ 155
    MMA 40% @ 180, 100% @ 139

    3 Year warranty

    For more info contact Primeweld @ primeclickllc@gmail.com

    Sold by a seller here in the USA and has been around for a few years has good feedback.
    would you receommend this primeweld welder over ahp alpha tig 220?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    As far as I know AHP only makes a 200 amp unit, this one is 225 amps.

    I have used both and other then the pre-flow and 25 more amps they weld about the same.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sebeka and Bemidji MN
    Posts
    14,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Hey George, I'm more curious about the business model.

    There are an uncountable number of imported machines of various styles and capacities.

    I wonder how many "companies" are still companies 5-10 years later?

    How did you get chosen as a beta tester? Has the company (not the re-seller) been making welders for a long time?

    Do you think the trend of "throw away" machines will continue to expand, or eventually even out somehow?
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Ha, ha, ha...

    Yeah, Southpaw, is that a trigger for you?

    Otherwise, 40% duty-cycle at 225 amps on 240 volts is quite good on a TIG unit.

    Yeah, no sweat, Hobby! But I'll recommed that you figure out how to "Reply With Quote" with only a snippet of the quote, so that the thread doesn't become so tacky.

    And, Dave, some of these PrimeWeld units are identical to the Lotos stuff, and the GiantTech CAT520D Combo that I bought years ago, which outlasted the warrantee, and is still used by a friend.

    The PrimeWeld importer seems to have good support and user feedback. Even a unit like the CAT520D can be repaired, after warrantee, I believe, in other places beyond the importer, too.

    Maybe even George himself could handle repairing some PrimeWeld units in the years to come, if PrimeWeld folds up its proverbial tent.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Dave, All I can say is I was asked by the seller to test a few welders and plasma cutters. I had dealt with the seller before so I said sure. The units were shipped to me in plain boxes with no names on them they were all proto types. I opened every unit up to see how they were made and tested them told them what was wrong with them, how to improve them, if they were even worth selling.

    I really don't know who made them for sure, but from being inside them I think I know who made a few and they have been around for some time.

    Here is my take on "throw away" machines,

    As far as how long the new style welders will last its hard to say. The trouble is that once someone makes a good unit and puts it on the market, someone copys it with lesser quality parts and drops the price the good ones stop selling and are not made or imported.

    Case in point Lincoln SW TIG 200 and the Vulcan PRO-TIG 200
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sebeka and Bemidji MN
    Posts
    14,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    Dave, All I can say is I was asked by the seller to test a few welders and plasma cutters. I had dealt with the seller before so I said sure. The units were shipped to me in plain boxes with no names on them they were all proto types. I opened every unit up to see how they were made and tested them told them what was wrong with them, how to improve them, if they were even worth selling.

    I really don't know who made them for sure, but from being inside them I think I know who made a few and they have been around for some time.

    Here is my take on "throw away" machines,

    As far as how long the new style welders will last its hard to say. The trouble is that once someone makes a good unit and puts it on the market, someone copys it with lesser quality parts and drops the price the good ones stop selling and are not made or imported.

    Case in point Lincoln SW TIG 200 and the Vulcan PRO-TIG 200
    My future crystal ball says that we (the USA) will be forever importing cheap machines that may or may not work.

    It will end up like the Craftsman company - and the various companies that sell the same product.
    Each new model will be from a different source and will be unknown for reliability - several companies will get large enough to also buy the same machines in different paint. When that line runs out, the process will start again.

    There will be no continuity and name brands will end up not mattering very much. The "quest" will be who can sell the same box the cheapest.

    I think the heavy industrial units like Invertec 350 pro and such will be unaffected. Same for the large Dynasty machines.
    No mass produced profit to be had copying such an expensive machine.
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    My future crystal ball says that we (the USA) will be forever importing cheap machines that may or may not work.

    It will end up like the Craftsman company - and the various companies that sell the same product.
    Each new model will be from a different source and will be unknown for reliability - several companies will get large enough to also buy the same machines in different paint. When that line runs out, the process will start again.
    That seems to be happening already, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    There will be no continuity and name brands will end up not mattering very much. The "quest" will be who can sell the same box the cheapest.
    Yeah...the race to the bottom...

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    I think the heavy industrial units like Invertec 350 pro and such will be unaffected. Same for the large Dynasty machines.
    No mass produced profit to be had copying such an expensive machine.
    Since they don't have any competition from Asia yet, probably so...but I expect to see Miller and Lincoln come out with other units to combat the inverter wave...

    These are welding companies, they do R&D and innovate welding. Sure, the inverters innovate also, but there's more to it at the end of the day. They're more like skeleton companies. I believe at the end of the day whoever wins will need to provide decent service and support. So far the import companies haven't proven themselves in that area so well...time will tell...more and more companies testing the water, so to speak...there's gotta be a new game changer eventually.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sebeka and Bemidji MN
    Posts
    14,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Since they don't have any competition from Asia yet, probably so...but I expect to see Miller and Lincoln come out with other units to combat the inverter wave...

    These are welding companies, they do R&D and innovate welding. Sure, the inverters innovate also, but there's more to it at the end of the day. They're more like skeleton companies. I believe at the end of the day whoever wins will need to provide decent service and support. So far the import companies haven't proven themselves in that area so well...time will tell...more and more companies testing the water, so to speak...there's gotta be a new game changer eventually.
    My take is that miller and Lincoln aren't "combating the inverter wave" as much as they are just making homeowner lines of products and industrial products.

    My opinion is that there will never be a "winner." There will always be someone willing to make a junk throwaway product because there will always be someone who wants it. I think "skeleton company" is a good description. Basically smoke and mirrors.
    Dave J.

    Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

    Airco 300 - Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    My take is that miller and Lincoln aren't "combating the inverter wave" as much as they are just making homeowner lines of products and industrial products.
    Certainly they're adapting and creating inverters of their own...strange grey area in regard to homeowner and industrial, IMO. Many homeowners prefer industrial machines. The SW200 would be a case in point. Maybe they'll come out with an SW250. I could be a buyer.

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    My opinion is that there will never be a "winner." There will always be someone willing to make a junk throwaway product because there will always be someone who wants it. I think "skeleton company" is a good description. Basically smoke and mirrors.
    Maybe winner was a bad choice of words. The question is if better quality welders will continue to be made here? I have to believe there is a market for it still. In my line of work there's a saying that "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM". That is kind of true with Miller and Lincoln also...Even as expensive as the Dynastys are, Miller is probably selling a lot of them still. I'm waiting for something new to come out from Lincoln.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,606,759,266.06688 seconds with 12 queries