+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cylinder Regulator Question

Post Thanks / Like

Cylinder Regulator Question

I picked up this VICTOR ETS4-125-590 regulator, but it seems the LP outlet has been modified from the original. I am trying to figure out what type of fitting I need for this outlet. The modified piece has a 317 with a word above it I can't make out. Any ideas?

Name:  20180411_224806.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  49.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cylinder Regulator Question

You can pick up any fitting you need from your local welding supply. They used a gas fitting common to the cable you see here in my picture. Fyi, i had to change to that fitting to use it. Don't have a pic of the connector alone, but there is a double female coupling that connects the male to male ends you can see at the regulator on the hose.

Name:  SmartSelectImage_2018-04-12-01-33-40.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  209.7 KBName:  SmartSelectImage_2018-04-12-01-30-31.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  202.2 KBName:  SmartSelectImage_2018-04-12-01-31-44.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  101.4 KBName:  SmartSelectImage_2018-04-12-01-31-30.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  537.5 KB
    Last edited by One1; 04-12-2018 at 01:39 AM.
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Lincoln 180 Mig
    Lincoln 3350 2.0
    CK CK17FV
    CK CK9FV

Post Thanks / Like

Or get the correct piece to go right in the regulator.

Post Thanks / Like

Also acceptable but here's why that doesn't usually work. Most importantly the small harris regulators don't accept replacement fittings, so thats out entirely. You'll likely end up with one if you buy a porta-torch, any mig from most stores, and so forth. Most people end up having multiple Regulators multiple tanks multiple hoses and all of them have male fittings but most of the Regulators also have male fittings like the hoses so if you go ahead and buy yourself a coupler you can swap tanks and hoses and Regulators easily without having to go out and buy a new fitting every single time you buy a regulator. As below, the same hose on my larger tank and flowmeter. Tanks 2 of 5. Swapping easily using the coupler.

I don't know your situation in your original post. If you're just getting a regulator, you'll likely get more. I'd try to be as diverse as possible, myself.

Name:  20180412_170921.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  73.7 KB
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Lincoln 180 Mig
    Lincoln 3350 2.0
    CK CK17FV
    CK CK9FV

Post Thanks / Like

37 degree JIC fitting, mostly used for hydraulics. Check the range of the Low pressure gauge, it may be a Nitrogen regulator for charging hydraulic accumulators. Ithink mine has a low pressure gauge that goes to 2500 PSI.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    37 degree JIC fitting, mostly used for hydraulics. Check the range of the Low pressure gauge, it may be a Nitrogen regulator for charging hydraulic accumulators. Ithink mine has a low pressure gauge that goes to 2500 PSI.
    The 37 degree JIC fitting looks right. It was originally an industrial air regulator with a working pressure is 5 - 125 psig and the LP gauge reads up to 200 psi. I will be taking it into to the local welding supply store to see about getting the right adapter. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the info. I have everything hooked up without any leaks now. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist