+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mig Liners

Post Thanks / Like

Mig Liners

I am wanting to buy an extra liner and a teflon or nylon liner for my rig The connector at the welder is euro style, are there different styles for different setups or are they interchangeable?
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mig Liners

Usually brand specific.

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm... I wodn't go as far as to say that they are brand specific. Euro is Euro everywhere.... At least, i have purchased some liners (for 0,6mm steel and 1,0mm teflon for aluminum... and I didn't have to worry about brands at all. At least in MY side of the pond.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, try putting a Binzel liner in a Tweco gun.
    Both can be Euro back ends but it’s doubtful it’s going to work well.
    Brand specific.

Post Thanks / Like

So I'm guessing that the difference will be with the lug on the end that goes into the machine. How do I tell the difference?
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

What gun do you have?
    Google search it.
    Boom, there you are

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, ty.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

What you do is grab the picture taker(might need them) and brand/model and ccaall USA weld (htp) and tell them you need some liners.Ask for Diana. If she isn't there, call back later.
    Jeff doesn't pick up the phone very often
    AH. I need to order some wire and tips tomorrow(today---lol)

800 872 9353

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bonzoo, I think I have it figured out, gonna drop the gun at the machine and take a look at the liner there.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the liners are interchangable, My local welding shop supplies liner directly from the roll in any length and inside diameter, that would be a hard thing to do if every torch manufacturer uses it's own proprietary liner.
    In that case the LWS would have to stock several rolls for every brand of torch and wire diameter combination, something that is not doable for a smallish shop IMHO.
    I kno for a fact Binzel, Weldkar, Fronius and Lorch are interchangable, as I have had (either through my work or my own welders) used the generic LWS liners from the roll on all those brands.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Welder View Post
    I believe the liners are interchangable, My local welding shop supplies liner directly from the roll in any length and inside diameter, that would be a hard thing to do if every torch manufacturer uses it's own proprietary liner.
    In that case the LWS would have to stock several rolls for every brand of torch and wire diameter combination, something that is not doable for a smallish shop IMHO.
    I kno for a fact Binzel, Weldkar, Fronius and Lorch are interchangable, as I have had (either through my work or my own welders) used the generic LWS liners from the roll on all those brands.
    They sell them off the roll because they also have the ends to go on them. Some torch assemblies will take bulk and that end is removable or just different setup than crimped on end that threads in.

The liner material itself is all very similar. Spiral would spring steel tubing.

The reason some are specific is some have a brass piece that is crimped permanently on the liner. Those are the pieces that make the liner specific to fit only the certain brands that use the same type.

This is a Miller/Hobart style.

Last edited by danielplace; 05-15-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

On all my mig torches (being 2 aircooled, a watercooled and a watercooled push puller, all Binzel brand ) there is nothing connected to the liner.
    I cut the liner at a bit longer then the right length, the euro connector end has a cap which one screws off, then you insert the liner as far as it will go in, cut flush and replace the nut on the euro connector end.
    But all my torches are Binzel brand, I do not have welding machine branded torches (like Miller/Esab or Lincoln)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist