Thread: sa 200 belllloo question

Post Thanks / Like

Question sa 200 belllloo question

Hi new here and to sa200s so this might be dumb too some with more sa200 experience, I have a bone stock 71 sa200 code 7074. I was wondering if there was a way too run the generator for grinder without pinning the bello "idle'so I am able too keep welding without having too pin it grind then unpin too go back too welding, or would a upgrade kit be needed too do so ?Ive looked around the web with this question and no luck so is anyone here able too answer this for me ? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sa 200 belllloo question

Your unit would have the R-57 vacuum idler not to be confused with the earlier bellows idler used on the short hood SA200s.

You can weld and grind with the idler pinned for high idle. An upgrade to the electronic idler system would address your concerns as you suspect.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the response that cleared it up for me !

Post Thanks / Like

If you pin the idler you don't have to un pin the unit to weld. The 2 speed idler is purely a fuel saver. I have a SAE 400 with perkins diesel that has no factory idler on it. There used to be a company that made an aftermarket item called a grind ez that let the vacuum idler work like an electronic idler. The company is long gone though. There was another company that made a similar unit and I don't recall there name but they are also long gone. Hope this helped.