Thread: 305G Amperage display

Post Thanks / Like

305G Amperage display

This problem just started yesterday. I started the matching and turning the amperage dial from min to max results in the digital readout reading from 15-158 amps. It will never rad higher than 158. However, as soon as I start welding the digital readout displays the correct amperage, amd welder welds fine. Example: turn the dial to max and it reads 158 amps, but welds at 305 amps. Turn the dial to 5, and it shows 74 amps and welds like itís at about 140 amps, and begins to read 140 as well. Turn the dial to 4 and it reads 64 amps, but welds like itís at about 120 amps, and the readout also reflects that. So essentially the digital readout is useless unless I am welding, at which point it reads correct. Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 305G Amperage display

No one has seen this before?

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread. I don’t use the machine much these days, but I used it yesterday and the problem is still the same. Anyone have ideas of what’s causing this?

Post Thanks / Like

OK looked at machine diagram. does the volt meter operate correctly and only the amp meter act up? if so, switch them around. the meters are the same, just plug into different plugs on the control pcb. If the problem follows the meter the problem is in the meter. If it stays with the amp side then the control pcb has a problem.
    Meters are only sold in complete sets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    OK looked at machine diagram. does the volt meter operate correctly and only the amp meter act up? if so, switch them around. the meters are the same, just plug into different plugs on the control pcb. If the problem follows the meter the problem is in the meter. If it stays with the amp side then the control pcb has a problem.
    Meters are only sold in complete sets.
    Ok, thanks. Iíll give that a try

Post Thanks / Like

Those meters always have issues. I’m on the 2nd set on my 305g. Mine used to read out 758 sometimes, but would weld just fine.