+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

Quote Originally Posted by mechanic416 View Post
    No it was melted off, you can't break off copper like that it bends. Try it with one of yours.
    Well..... if you're using the chinese import knockoffs of dubious alloys then it might break with mere finger pressure...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    Well..... if you're using the chinese import knockoffs of dubious alloys then it might break with mere finger pressure...
    Yea, your right there, you never know what it may be made of.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazon/Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i

Just picked it up. Repaired under warranty. Said the pilot IBGT was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Question for anyone: What's the story with the 60iX model...seems like only Baker's Gas carries it. Is there a plan to release it to wider distribution like Amazon, welding supplies from IOC, Cyberweld, etc?
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Oh tested it and no fault codes and it seemed to cut better without fouling the nozzle/tip. Infancy failure new thinks. Hopefully it will be good to go now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

The China made 42 had a bad batch of boards that effected quite a few of the Green ones.. Seemed like close to the same issue. No pilot arc...Yep got lucky and got one.. All my 60i have been flawless so far.. You were fighting codes from the beginning with that unit..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've used it a few times since the repair and all seems to be working as it should without any error codes. Much improved cut quality too

Post Thanks / Like

Nice so now that it works as it should what is your impression of the machine. Worth the entry free you paid?
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest F'ing POS I ever bought. getting Error code 04, 05 with my gouging gun, 12, 14, 16 done all new consumables. This thing is going back to LWS tomorrow to be sent in again. Anyone want to buy this with probably less than 2 hours cutting time. Gawd I miss my old ESAB. thing was bullet proof compared to this POS

Post Thanks / Like

So my 60i just popped. I pulled the trigger and got no arc, then a loud pop and that smell ......... error code E002. I called my LWS and they said that it has to go back to original vendor so I called Amazon and some guy I could barely understand allegedly has a replacement coming to me. I then got an email confirming a replacement was coming but that they couldn’t say when as they needed to get on in from thermal arc. I can fell an run around coming........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winniweld View Post
    So my 60i just popped. I pulled the trigger and got no arc, then a loud pop and that smell ......... error code E002. I called my LWS and they said that it has to go back to original vendor so I called Amazon and some guy I could barely understand allegedly has a replacement coming to me. I then got an email confirming a replacement was coming but that they couldn’t say when as they needed to get on in from thermal arc. I can fell an run around coming........
    Dont jump the gun. Call ESAB for customer service support.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

12. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by winniweld View Post
    If it's under warranty that complete BS. Call ESAB. I bought mine on Amazon and had it repaired 2x at local LWS under warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

So I took your advise and called Esab customer service,took it to my LWS who sent it to their repair center. Turns out it was a blown inverter board, repaired under warranty and back to me in 2 weeks working fine now.

I’m wondering why ? It’s only 2 years old and it’s been used a fair amount but not excessively and not abused. Always used OEM consumables, anyone else have a similar problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Was doing some cutting recently and trying to figure out the best way to calculate the straight edge for standoff cutting. I made a cut then measured the distance from the cut to the straight edge which gives me roughly about 3/16” of distance from my cutline to the straight edge for drag cutting with the stand off shield. Do this sound about right?

putting this hear so I can print it out.

https://www.rapidwelding.com/files/S...g%20Manual.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.... not sure, but now you have me wondering how many cheap Chinese torches that cut off shield will fit...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Hmmm.... not sure, but now you have me wondering how many cheap Chinese torches that cut off shield will fit...
    None of the Chinese torches will accept the TD parts but the TD torch has some china consumables options.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

18. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are using the Drag cap right? You don't have to under 60 amps but it works a lot better than trying to run the tip on the work or the nozzle rim on a straight edge.
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the cap that has a cross section in it for sparks to shoot out sideways in 4 directions seen in image below.

Name:  0BAE43B0-F0AF-4D82-A42D-16870122D489.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.1 KB
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-22-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Yes the cap that has a cross section in it for sparks to shoot out sideways in 4 directions seen in image below.

Name:  0BAE43B0-F0AF-4D82-A42D-16870122D489.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  91.1 KB
    Yeah. Standoff cutting is kind of a humbling experience. I try to drag with these caps as much as possible. Good luck !
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Yeah. Standoff cutting is kind of a humbling experience. I try to drag with these caps as much as possible. Good luck !
    My cuts are usually very clean imo. My biggest concern is getting the straight edge set with the correct amount of standoff so my cut line will give me exact dimensional pieces. I tried to find the amount of standoff or distance from cut line to straight edge in the manuals but came up empty so figured making a test cut with a straight edge then measuring the distance from the cut edge to the straight edge is about as good as it’ll get for now.

Is there literature for this purpose that I have not read?

Oh wait, perhaps my explanation is confusing what I am trying to say. I definitely am dragging my cuts with this set up mentioned in the above pic.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-22-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I get what you're saying, the cup is placing the cut in the radius of the cup away from the straight edge. I just don't have a better answer for you than what you are doing by measuring a test cut. I suspect the literature isn't there because of the variables... after market cups v.s. manufacturer, solid area of a cup v.s. slotted area and angle of torch. To keep it consistent maybe you need something like a track holder to keep the angles from changing as you move.
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

24. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let’s not over complicate this lol. I was just curious if anyone with experiance using this set up knows the distance if all variables are correct. Factory consumables, flat 90 degree drag angle, air psi set at 115 to 120 at regulator machine set at 60 amps with 60 amp stand off nozzle used with drag cup. Perhaps a little more practice on my part and a note pad to document my settings and findings for future set up. I tend to forget these things pretty easy as I don’t use these tools very often, so when I do I have to read up on and learn it all over again. Just looking for a cheat code so I can get on with the day and get r done each and every time w/o a lot of relearning.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-23-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm understanding correctly you are looking for the actual cut kerf line from a straitedge. I would just take a small piece of 16 gauge or so, butt the straitedge to the edge of material and make a short cut. Take that piece, nip out on notch on the part away from the straitedge about half the length of the cut. Overall the piece would be small maybe 1" or 1-1)2" x 2" or so. This piece would then be set against or layout line where you want the cut. The notched out section allows for the kerf width, depending if it's an inside or outside cut. I would paint it I bright color so it doesn't get tossed and use it for layout instead of measuring the , for example, 3/16" or whatever standoff is required.

27. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Tangent straight and circle cutting kit. You still need an edge to run the wheels on though. It tends to give less jerk that a drag cut.
    Cobra Pythons
    Victor Gas Apps.

29. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had to cut 5 bolts from a '95 ford bronco rear bumper to bracket yesterday. Decided plasma gouging was the way to go. At first the machine did not want to work. Had to remove the nozzle start cartridge etc to get it to work then it stopped again giving the same error code ending in 12. Pulled the gun off of the line and noticed the middle pin hole of the 5 pins was sticking up or out closer to the edge of the connector than the other 4 pin holes. Can't remember if it was the gun side or hose side. Put it back together and was able to blast through the bolts pretty efforlessly at 60amp. Gouging rocks as does the machine when it works like it should. Connections are very finiky.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 02-21-2022 at 09:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist