+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazon Cutmaster 60i

Quote Originally Posted by bluelaser View Post
    Thank you.

I wasn't even sure I could post a link for my first post.

I can see I will learn a lot from this site.

Vince
    For sure. I learned a lot seriously. Just Scott alone has helped me so many times with my machine set ups and what works with what. I have been able to save so much money because of this forum and members like Scott.

I don't know how I would use the PT31XT on any other machine so I was just going to keep the whole L tec machine

I just noticed Amazon is using UPS to ship this. I have always had problems with UPS being lets say a little bit rough with my packages. :/ I hope it gets here in one piece and works as it should.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-17-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a Heck of a deal right now for a 20' 3ph 60i on amazon. $558.74

I sure wish I had Three Phase power. I'd get this deal and cancel the other. Just in case any one has been watching here is that incredible deal for less than $600.00

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Dynam...CB9HQKJKF8TCXX

then a 50' 3ph 60i for $828.12

https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Dynam...XBD6TQHENVJT9M
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-17-2018 at 09:04 PM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow it's Down to $533.56 now...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the hand torch specific to the machine I placed an order for will be equiped with the 75 degree head angle. Does this make it easier or more difficult to use vs. the 90 deg head angle torches?

Post Thanks / Like

75 is normal, 90 is a pain in the butt trying to reach up a frame rail etc.. Just to remember the curved handle makes it a natural position when cutting plate..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good

That 20’ 3ph 60i is down to $527. :O

Post Thanks / Like

Drop tests 60i

Post Thanks / Like

Don't drop it, not built that well (IMO)
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the Rebel is suppose to be built drop proof as well. I am not going to be drop testing either. I would imagine if one did accidentally get dropped ESAB would warranty it if it fails to work. That is actually a good question for ESAB. They show the drop test to indicate a tough industrial portable product capable of withstanding an occasional drop.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-18-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    Yeah the Rebel is suppose to be built drop proof as well. I am not going to be drop testing either. I would imagine if one did accidentally get dropped ESAB would warranty it if it fails to work. That is actually a good question for ESAB. They show the drop test to indicate a tough industrial portable product capable of withstanding an occasional drop.
    Good point..

Thermal Dynamics use to do the same with the Cutmaster 52. Most years came with glued on cap banks of capacitors and or transformers.. Later years were riveted on. Guess replacing all those machines ,forced them make them drop test proof..

All esab had to do is put a go pro on a box being deliverd by UPS/etc... real world stuff. and will prove if it's tough or not. My first one had a bit of a crack at the air fitting from the factory.. Can't even get out of there with out being F##Ked up..
    Last edited by Brand X; 10-18-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amazon/Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 60i

Hope y’all are happy, I’m out $1500 now....

Got the 50ft at $1,241 and added in some consumables. I know they can be had cheaper on EBay, but I did the store card and got the gift card and rolled into 1 order.

How does the $100 ESAB rebate work?

For extras I got the following:

1. Standoff guide
    2. An 9-8237 shield cup
    3. A 5 pack of 9-8210 (60 amp) tips
    4. A 5 pack of 9-8215 electrodes
    5. A 5 pack of 9-8207 (40 amp) drag tips
    6. 1 9-8235 shield-cup

What am I missing for a “starter set” of consumables? Should I keep a start cartridge on hand also or can you limp them along while on order should it need replaced?

I am moving up from the non-hf harbor freight unit, so this is a bit new to me understanding the TA terminology.

Do you still need to stand-off when using the 8237/35 combo, or do I only need to stand-off with the stock setup? Should that be my go to setup above 1/4” and the 8207 with stock shield on thinner material?

Thanks!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

The 60i is not built as well as the Rebel based on what I see, I might be wrong. My 60i might have been made on a Friday, or based on the box it got shipped in UPS did an air drop from a plane without a parachute. Something is keeping one of the sides from totally being flush on the case and a couple of screws are not in all the way. It's sitting out in the shop now, I am going to throw it up on the bench and see if I can sort this out. I know it powers up but have not used it yet. I am sure they crank these out by the thousands each week, and there are pallets of them stored in various warehouses, if I had to guess they are not selling as many as they thought they might? Of course at this price point they could start rocking these out. They can only give so many away to car TV shows! And who needs more than one plasma.....
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like yours had shipping damage.. My case on the first one was totally fine. just a little crack on the back plastic piece where the air fitting screwed in. caught it because the fitting was leaking.. The way it works, and interface does make it a better machine to use over the nicer finished/less powerful Hypertherm 45XP.. (IMO) I have 4 years to test out the reliability on esab's dime..

Mike,
    nothing wrong going on-line /LWS to get consumables. You know they are real, and not knock offs.. You have to be careful with Thermal stuff on Ebay. You just need some gouging tips,and a shield for it. You will have about all you will need for hand cutting..

Go to Easb rebate for fall. it will guide you through the process, get your receipt downloaded from Amazon, and S/N off the machine's bottom plate. I downloaded mine into a PDF. but waiting on the machine to get #. I can't go any farther till it shows up. (Late and maybe lost?)

https://www.esabna.com/us/en/burnandearn/index.cfm
    Last edited by Brand X; 10-18-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Just hand cutting for now, but I do have a ez-plasma oxy-fuel table I hope to adapt this to over the winter for cutting thinner material. Did you have many hiccups setting yours up for machine cutting?

I am also interested in hearing Jawslandshark experience with using his off a generator. My mobile unit is a Lincoln 10,000 plus, might be enough on the low end. I have never tried an inverted machine on it afraid of stability issues.

Post Thanks / Like

If the package on mine looks busted up I'll take pics and post'm up. Even if a corner of the box is smashed which 9/10 times it is. Just wondering why amazon is using UPS as the shipping carrier for these.

Post Thanks / Like

We should have a dedicated 60i thread that shares all the information users know and have learned about these 60i machines. Chalked full of info like tip selections, travel speeds, cnc set up's etc. Would probably draw a bigger crowd to purchasing and using the 60i machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured I'd put this here for any one wanting to study the parts for the 1 Torch.

Name:  TD SL60 QD 1Torch Parts Layout 2.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  172.7 KB
    Name:  TD SL60 QD Torch Parts Layout.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  110.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MountaineerMiner View Post
    Thanks. Just hand cutting for now, but I do have a ez-plasma oxy-fuel table I hope to adapt this to over the winter for cutting thinner material. Did you have many hiccups setting yours up for machine cutting?

I am also interested in hearing Jawslandshark experience with using his off a generator. My mobile unit is a Lincoln 10,000 plus, might be enough on the low end. I have never tried an inverted machine on it afraid of stability issues.
    I have a 12.5 and 10k watt generator, my CM52 would run 40 amps on either during startup, the 45xp will only do 30/35 amps. The inrush makes the generators bog and the voltage drops and they go into fault. My welders can run maxed out with no issues. Both my gensets are clean power, if that even matters anymore. I will have the 60i out next week and let you know how it works on the generator.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

We should have a dedicated 60i thread that shares all the information users know and have learned about these 60i machines. Chalked full of info like tip selections, travel speeds, cnc set up's etc. Would probably draw a bigger crowd to purchasing and using the 60i machines.
    Does someone make a speedometer kit that senses speed of cutting and provides audible instructions via bluetooth??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post
    I have a 12.5 and 10k watt generator, my CM52 would run 40 amps on either during startup, the 45xp will only do 30/35 amps. The inrush makes the generators bog and the voltage drops and they go into fault. My welders can run maxed out with no issues. Both my gensets are clean power, if that even matters anymore. I will have the 60i out next week and let you know how it works on the generator.
    Preload the genset with something that consumes sufficient power to make the genset work rather than relax and the problem may go away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    Does someone make a speedometer kit that senses speed of cutting and provides audible instructions via bluetooth??
    LOL that could be a pretty handy accessory though. Maybe a clip on drag standoff with a wheel that measures the drag speed and little LED lights that glow Red for too fast, Yellow for too slow and Green for just right travel speeds. Oh yeah it would also have to have something like a cell phone like you say or maybe better yet a hard wired line to a little unit that does all the computing for desired settings with a way to changed the settings etc. Dreaming now a we bit.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is you could run the Thermal petty well @ 50 amps output cutting 1/2 materiel using the 50-55 shielded consumables.. (10,000 genny) I measured all the different combo on consumables. from the SL-40 to the 60 amp exposed tip cutting one inch MS right at 38-42 max draw..

track torch could hook up with a standard hand torch, and use pins 3-4 inside the machine for contactor. There are two 180 degree torchs. One machine with the contactor wires/plug right on the torch at ATC connection. (pig tail for a remote. The other torch will have to be fired from the 3-4 pins on the 19 pin inside the machine.. It's the automation torch SL-100SV has the valve in the torch for faster cycles. Won't show on the 60i until plugged in. Use to show up but Esab change the software at some point so not to confuse the stupid.

If you Contact Gene at Gene.Wright@esab.com He can answer anything about any Thermal or Esab machine from a million years back He started as a tech in SC, and then moved to Thermal as a rep, and now back to Thermal dynamics in NH. let just say he will get you pointed in the wright direction.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

I have a math question for travel speed. How does one calculate the amount of time it should take to cut material at a specified inch per minute. Say the cut speed is suppose to be 80 inches per minute and the cut will only be 5 inches long. How would one divide speed by inches to come up with the time it should take to travel the distance for the cut to optimize the cut quality?

I am thinking it would be something like take the 80 inches and divide it by 60 seconds to come up with 1.333 inches per second then divide the 5 inches by 1.333 to determine the amount of time it should take "3.75" seconds to make an optimized cut??? That does not sound right to me for some reason.
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-18-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a math question for travel speed. How does one calculate the amount of time it should take to cut material at a specified inch per minute. Say the cut speed is suppose to be 80 inches per minute and the cut will only be 5 inches long. How would one divide speed by inches to come up with the time it should take to travel the distance for the cut to optimize the cut quality?
    Just use the damn bandsaw for the small crap and do something else while the saw is cutting.
    The object of these machines is to increase productivity, not just have more toys than the kid down the bloack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil5 View Post
    Just use the damn bandsaw for the small crap and do something else while the saw is cutting.
    The object of these machines is to increase productivity, not just have more toys than the kid down the bloack.
    It was just an example Cooter.... for learning purposes. Besides a Bandsaw does not fit into a lot of places a plasma does. When was the last time you cut a circle in the middle of a piece of material using a Bandsaw.

Name:  Dukes of Hazzard Cooter 1.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  32.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 10-18-2018 at 07:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist