+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just added an HTP Inverarc 200 TLP stick welder to the arsenal

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just added an HTP Inverarc 200 TLP stick welder to the arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    Oscar, better update the sig.

Are you opening a shop?
    Yup, I should. No shop here, I take in very limited number if outside projects 'cause I cant even finish my own, lol. All of these are "just for fun".
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Added a 2nd ProPulse 200 back in March-ish.

But the HTP stork was flying around my house......
    ....and just like that, BAM! Dropped off this baby!

An HTP ProPulse 220 MTS !

The slider control for my ProPulse 300 works with this machine too, so its pretty awesome. Full manual control on-the-fly of synergic settings. Hot start, down slope, hotter weld, colder weld, during short-circuit, std pulse, double-pulse, all eazy-peazy! Freakin sweet.

More firepower! Arg! Arg!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that HTP Inverarc 200 TLP actually hooked-up to a water cooler?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbmalone View Post
    Is that HTP Inverarc 200 TLP actually hooked-up to a water cooler?
    Why yes Sir, it is. It is the only 50ft water-cooled stick welder on the entire planet.

The kevlar sheath is covered by the leather cover now.

Post Thanks / Like

Why yes Sir, it is. It is the only 50ft water-cooled stick welder on the entire planet.

serious rod burner. Don't think I have ever got one hot enough to need water cooling but a neat idea if it works.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jawslandshark View Post

serious rod burner. Don't think I have ever got one hot enough to need water cooling but a neat idea if it works.
    Lol, I know it's confusing, everyone else thought along those same lines. I just wanted a longer reach without going to a heavy cable. So that's why I tinkered with this until I made it work. It doesn't really cool the stinger since the copper adapter is pretty far from the jaws, the water cooling is more for the light-weight TIG power hose that I'm using. And yes, it does work, and it works beautifully.

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like an HTP Inverarc 200 TLP, but it won't run on 120v for small portable jobs and doesn't have a built-in gas solenoid which is really killing it for me. Pulse stick is nice, but that's really more for cast iron repairs and hardfacing. I could skip any extra features on the Everlast PowerARC 210STL, suffer it's inferior duty cycle and obnoxious fan, even buy an extended warranty which would cover shipping costs and ease issues with future repairs. The HTP just costs so much more with fewer features and a bit more power and portability, I can't seem to justify buying the HTP. I want to use a finger Amptrol, but the gas value required with the HTP is going to be in the way. I keep comparing the two primarily stick welders, but I feel like I would regret spending 3x the money on the HTP. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's what I'm seeing. Not a big fan of Everlast, either. I got kicked off their facebook group for asking too many questions.
    Last edited by mbmalone; 07-13-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbmalone View Post
    I would really like an HTP Inverarc 200 TLP, but it won't run on 120v for small portable jobs and doesn't have a built-in gas solenoid which is really killing it for me. Pulse stick is nice, but that's really more for cast iron repairs and hardfacing. I could skip any extra features on the Everlast PowerARC 210STL, suffer it's inferior duty cycle and obnoxious fan, even buy an extended warranty which would cover shipping costs and ease issues with future repairs. The HTP just costs so much more with fewer features and a bit more power and portability, I can't seem to justify buying the HTP. I want to use a finger Amptrol, but the gas value required with the HTP is going to be in the way. I keep comparing the two primarily stick welders, but I feel like I would regret spending 3x the money on the HTP. Maybe I'm missing something, but that's what I'm seeing. Not a big fan of Everlast, either. I got kicked off their facebook group for asking too many questions.
    There's ways around everything, just look at what I did to that stinger! lol. For the 120V thing, if you really wanted to, you could run a 240V►120V transformer, like this one:

If you can hold a really tight arc, it will run up to 95A safely on a 20A dedicated circuit. (Actual tested amperage consumption from 120V wall outlet: 18-19A with a normal 1-electrode-diameter arc length, 15-16A with a ½-electrode-diameter arc-length). That's enough to run a 3/32" 7018, 1/8" 6011/6010 @ ≤95A. Those converters go for around $130 on ebay used. Why don't you use an externally mounted gas valve? As in, custom make one.

Right at about 50-55sec in, you can see when I tightened up the arc length and the amperage consumption went down. For those wondering why I would even try this if I already have 240V power, just because I can, just like the water cooled stick welder. I just kept the Hot Start and Arc Force relatively low, and it worked beautifully.

As you can see, anything (well lots of things, not anything) is possible. It really is an awesome stick welder that runs really really nice. That's all I have to say about that.

Post Thanks / Like

I discovered a discrepancy in the HTP 200 TLP regarding the listed duty cycle of 100% @ 160A which was claimed in all the review videos I watched and also in their Owner's manual. When their tech support replied back, they admitted that the Owner's manual incorrectly overstated the duty cycle. Apparently the old models had the higher duty cycle, but it was reduced to 100% @ 115A a couple of years ago when they "detuned" the welder due to overheating and reliability issues. I was very disappointed to discover this on my own, as HTP simply made a small change on their website correctly listing the reduced duty cycle specs for the welder, never correcting the owner's manual or apparently notifying any of the reviewers of this significant reduction in capability. I guess if you were lucky enough to have purchased an older model, you're golden. They said you might get more out of it if you live somewhere colder, but I live in S. Louisiana.
    Last edited by mbmalone; 07-16-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a collection of HTP ya got going on Oscar! Everyone Iv'e talked to or read online really likes those machines, might have to try one out one of these days. Congrats on the new additions.
    Pete

ESAB SVI300
    ESAB MIG 4 HD
    MILLER PASSPORT 180
    MILLER DYNASTY 300DX
    MILLER COOLMATE 4
    MILLER 30A
    MILLER SPECTRUM 2050
    C&K WF-3
    PrimeWeld Tig 225X

Post Thanks / Like

How much was it?

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Um.........I already have the machine, I'm not on the fence. Good for you that you like Everlast. I like HTP. BTW, the duty cycle of the HTP Inverarc 200 TLP is 45% @ 200A. Your Everlast is 35% at the same amperage. At 160A, the Inverarc 200 has 100% duty cycle, the Everlast 60%. Yes, it's more expensive, but it's that much more of a machine. Not in the same overall league.

HTP Inverarc 200 TLP:

Everlast:

Nothing compares? Perhaps for what it costs.
    Hasn't HTP had to revise some numbers or change units because of duty cycle issues? I wonder if it bears a testing lab seal such as UL, CSA or ETL?
    Last edited by lugweld; 07-23-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok, sounded like you were trying to convince me the Everlast was a better value or something, lol. Interesting what's on the HTP webpage I do have to say. One has to be a typo then, I'd be willing to bet it's the webpage and not the manual. I got that picture from the manual.
    Only thing I can see is that it has pulse. But our 161STH has that. Yes, the HTP is in a different class, price wise, but that's about it. If people feel good about a machine by paying a 3 to 4 fold increase in price, and they feel that makes things superior, by all means, it's their money to waste. Their manual states that 6013 is a cellulosic rod. I wonder if their duty cycle is off and they make claims like what class they are really in.
    Last edited by lugweld; 07-23-2019 at 10:31 AM.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Only thing I can see is that it has pulse. But our 161STH has that. Yes, the HTP is in a different class, price wise, but that's about it. If people feel good about a machine by paying a 3 to 4 fold increase in price, and they feel that makes things superior, by all means, it's their money to waste. Their manual states that 6013 is a cellulosic rod. I wonder if their duty cycle is off and they make claims like what class they are really in.
    Yes, you're right, the duty cycle had been revised, but the manual when I got my machine still had the old specs for the rated duty cycle. So yes, the website did indeed have the correct specs, I just thought perhaps it was a typo since I do have a tendency to trust the manual over a possible typographical error on a website. I haven't check the seal, it's probably on the bottom of the machine. Me personally, I don't feel the increase in price is "wasted" just because a lesser expensive machine has the same features and similar specs and/or duty cycle. The quality control has a lot to do with it, and I feel HTP is at the top with quality control & customer service, but that is not based on any kind of scientific study or anything, just solely from the internet exposure that I've read about, and my personal dealings with them as a strictly 100% hobbyist. Those two things, to me, are worth paying extra for.

Quote Originally Posted by Sberry View Post
    How much was it?
    Which one the 200 TLP?
    Last edited by Oscar; 07-23-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally a video on this cool little stick welder! Upcoming videos with arc shots.

Next videos I'll do some arc shots with various electrodes. Gotta get back into practice!

16. Likes xmmancharl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally a video on this cool little stick welder! Upcoming videos with arc shots.

Next videos I'll do some arc shots with various electrodes. Gotta get back into practice!

Cant wait to see what is in store for the next video, your Instagram posts were a nice little teaser. Good thing the Inverarc 200 TLP is on sale right now. Show everyone what it is capable of!
    HTP America Inc.
    https://www.usaweld.com/default.asp
    847-357-0700
    Instagram: htpamerica_usaweld
    Facebook: HTP America - USAWELD
    Youtube: HTP America - USA Weld
    Drive a Lincoln, Drink a Miller, Weld with an HTP

Post Thanks / Like

The manual states 6013 as a cellulose electrode? Lol. They sure know they’re stuff.
    No thanks. I’ll happily continue running my old Lincoln.
    Jason
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Torchmate CNC table
    Thermal Arc Hefty 2
    Ironworkers Local 720

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snoeproe View Post
    The manual states 6013 as a cellulose electrode? Lol. They sure know they’re stuff.
    No thanks. I’ll happily continue running my old Lincoln.
    So it's a typo, big deal. I can just cross it out an write "rutile" and it wouldn't change anything.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's a typo, big deal. I can just cross it out an write "rutile" and it wouldn't change anything.
    It's a fantastic little machine, I'm in Ireland So have the Stel Max Dp 201 C which is the same model I believe as the inverarc 200 TLP, it's my second Stel Welder excellent quality. It does run Cellulose rods it has a Cel setting.

Italy has some excellent quality welding Brands Stel being one Weco another, a friend has an ACDC Weco and he rates it very highly.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Deepwinter. Yes it is great, too bad it was discontinued here in the USA. HTP no longer carries it. Shame, but I guess it was rather expensive for a stick welder. I love how the arc "sings" to you as you weld

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot Oscar,
    I think if I had all that fancy electronic stuff to power your welding machines I would expand my buying into the used markets. Some of those very modern old school 3 phase transformer machines are just great welding units.I have been happy exploring some cheap options on Plasma cutters, and large mig units. Used my Esab C-352 for some spray welding today. Super nice spray running off my Rotary converter. As good as any new inverter, and probably better then most.. It will only last about 100 years more pushing it beyond normal welding needs. Second thing about messing with used stuff,you can learn a whole lot about what works with what.. Let me explain. I have a $150.00 Plasma cutter that is about 20 plus years old.. I adapted a SL-40 torch to it, and it works better then that torch ever did on a factory setup.. Not by a little, but totally awesome unit now..Consumable life is excellent, cut Kerf is tiny, and the arc is powerful.. I can use my SL-60 torch on it,but since the SL-40 is a perfect match,no need too..

Just some thoughts to expand your buying options other then China..It's nice to remember we made great stuff, and it still works to this day..
    Last edited by Brand X; 05-31-2022 at 12:07 AM.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Shoot Oscar,
    I think if I had all that fancy electronic stuff to power your welding machines I would expand my buying into the used markets.
    I haven't seen anything used that would be an improvement over what I already own though. I like high-tech features

Post Thanks / Like

I just thought instead of features, maybe superior reliability, and welding arc might have some appeal someplace. Yes, old school stuff can have that.. Texas might not be the best market for used stuff. Mostly well used from what i have found..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I just thought instead of features, maybe superior reliability, and welding arc might have some appeal someplace...
    Yep.I already have that, with features to boot

Post Thanks / Like

Yep.I already have that, with features to boot
    At this sort of level it then gets into personal preference as much as anything. The way an arc runs. There's a guy on the UK forum who swears down that there's only 3 machines that he "likes" the AC TIG arc on - older Miller Dynastys, Aerowaves, and the very old Fronius Magicwaves.

It's evident that your collection enthuses you and it's very cool, but just wondering, what other brands have you tried? It's always good to have an open mind.

I'd like to try a HTP/Stel, but just out of interest. I'm more emotionally invested in the German machines. Or Miller
    Murphy's Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold, makes the rules.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist