+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynasty 200 Snubber Board PC6

Post Thanks / Like

Dynasty 200 Snubber Board PC6

I have a Dynasty 200 DX that has quit working. I found the Technical manual and have been running the Pre-Power Checks. I have gotten to the snubber board PC6 and have found that R28 looks like it is fried. I have been looking for a schematic or pictures of the board so that I can try and replace this resistor, but I am not having much luck. Would someone be willing to take a picture of the board for me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dynasty 200 Snubber Board PC6

Here are some pictures of the damaged boardName:  IMG_3796.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  99.7 KBName:  IMG_1315.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  133.4 KB
    I emailed Miller today to get some more information, but I have not heard back from them. (AG)

Post Thanks / Like

See if the printed circuit trace is open on either side of the resistor or if the resistor is open itself, if the resistor is not open try reading the ohm value of it. Sometimes u can still read a good value on one that has gotten hot. U have nothing to loose at this point. If u call Miller tech support they might give you the value of it but being a newer unit I doubt they will and will want u to buy a new board. Also I would look to see if the board to the right of the burnt resistor has a identical circuit, if it does get the color code value off of the other resistor. Looks like there are two circuits the same. I have repaired a few boards before on different model units. Thing I would be concerned about is why the resistor got hot. Seen a few that have blown because moisture or rain water made its way in to the electronics. One board I repaired.jName:  9B5A9668-F782-4250-B031-4CB6D2A30350.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  211.1 KB
    Last edited by Jeff-; 03-01-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

U can also send these boards to a Miller recommended repair facilitiy, u’ll have to call Miller to get a number for them though. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

follow the circuit from the resister see if it goes to the plug right next to it with the black and white twisted wires. if it does. The IGBT on that side has failed with a problem with its gate.
    best repair is both IGBT blocks and the pcb. Biggest problem repairing this welder is it is almost never just one part. Lots of time it is 2 to 3 pcbs just to repair it enough to get it to turn on. Then you find out one more pcb is bad. Some thing failed and caused a cascaded failure. Miller will not send a pcb diagram to you. So to find out the value trace out the circuits from the plug. you should find a resister connected the same way on the other side. Each IGBT block has two IGBTs in it paralleled by a diode each.

Post Thanks / Like

where did you find the technical manual?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist