Thread: Lincoln Power Mig 300 part# L11346-1

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln Power Mig 300 part# L11346-1

Lincoln power mig 300 part# L11346-1
    Hello

I have a Lincoln power mig 300 and it has a burnt out P.C. board that is discontinued. Itís part# is L11346-1. Iíve searched everywhere for it and no luck. Thought maybe someone on here might know a source to get one. Any help is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln Power Mig 300 part# L11346-1

Google "printed circuit board repair" , I have heard of a place called Flight Systems, but, have no personal experience with them. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have power mig 300 with a totally fried chopper board - the one with the 5 big capacitors (red or blue) on top. Maybe we can make one good one out of these 2?

Post Thanks / Like

Spool gun control pcb. Unplug it and the welder should work for everything but spoolgun use. Unless the feed head pcb has failed also. How do you know the spool gun pcb has failed? Have you connected a laptop and run diagnostics?
    Go to powerwavesoftware.com and down load the powerwave manager. This will allow you to peak inside.
    Also you can take a snap shot and send it to lincoln.

Post Thanks / Like

ccawgc That's amazing you can do that with those machines!
    looking for an old cheap Engine drive

Post Thanks / Like

spoolgun pcb is a small pcb that plugs into the wire feed control pcb (feed head pcb) we call it a daughter pcb.
    Control pcb may complain that it is missing. just do a factory reset and that should clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Spool gun control pcb. Unplug it and the welder should work for everything but spoolgun use. Unless the feed head pcb has failed also. How do you know the spool gun pcb has failed? Have you connected a laptop and run diagnostics?
    Go to powerwavesoftware.com and down load the powerwave manager. This will allow you to peak inside.
    Also you can take a snap shot and send it to lincoln.
    I took it to a shop. And they said itís burnt out was smoking. When I turn it on it want go past the start up procedure. It throws a code and thatís as far as it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

What board is L11346-1. I donít know which board to unplug. Throwing code 214

Post Thanks / Like

I unplugged the 10 pin plug and it doesnít throw the code 214. It goes through start up and all seems fine. Is this the correct plug to unplug? Seems to weld fine and the board doesnít smoke anymore. Is this the correct? Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like

Let me say this, I am not Nikola Tesla, but, by the process of elimination I think you have isolated the source of the machine throwing the code. "ccaw" or "Duane" will probably check in on this, both are knowledgeable and very good at helping, Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

error 214 . control pcb could not find the wire drive pcb.
    A short is the spool gun pcb may have caused the feed head pcb to shut down and stop talking.
    Post the code number of the welder and some of the wire numbers in the 10 pin plug.
    Checking the manual I find two different versions of this welder. One version the spool gun pcb plugs directly into the feed head pcb and the other it sets to the side in the bottom and is connected by wiring harness.
    The spool gun plug and the remote foot control plug go through this pcb. depending on which machine you have the 40vdc needed to run the drive motor could go through the spool gun pcb first.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the second one. The board is on the bottom. I can see where it is fried. If unplug everything from that board it still throws the code 214. If I just unplug the 10 pin connector. It doesnít. And it welds fine. And doesnít smoke no more. I welded for like 10 minutes straight no problems.
    Last edited by Hghtime; 04-06-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you care to sell the board if it the one I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldphardt View Post
    I have power mig 300 with a totally fried chopper board - the one with the 5 big capacitors (red or blue) on top. Maybe we can make one good one out of these 2?
    Do you care to sell the parts I need if they are correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Hghtime, Would you be interested in seeing if the board could be repaired? If so, perhaps you could attach pics of the component side and solder side of the board and I could take a look.
    - - John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Hghtime, Would you be interested in seeing if the board could be repaired? If so, perhaps you could attach pics of the component side and solder side of the board and I could take a look.
    - - John
    The board is a potted board. I was told itís not repairable.
    Brian