Thread: Power Mig 300 Help

Post Thanks / Like

Power Mig 300 Help

Hello, I recently acquired a Lincoln power mig 300. The machine had been setting in someone’s garage for about 8 years. When I brought it to my shop the first thing I did was check to make sure it was wired for 230 volts, which it was. I turned the machine on and the display came on and all seemed well. But when I tried to feed wire through the feeder I noticed that the feeder was not turning. I checked all the connections and everything appears fine. I just get a loud clicking at the back of the machine when I squeeze the trigger. If I hold the trigger down after about 5 seconds the fan comes on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Power Mig 300 Help

Can you make the drive rolls turn at all? I think that machine has a stick mode capability. https://www.lincolnelectric.com/asse...oln3/im736.pdf
    Lincoln Electric:
    Ranger GXT 250
    SA-200
    LN-25
    Pro MiG 256
    Pro Mig 180
    Esab CV 251
    Invertec 160
    Victor Torches”

Post Thanks / Like

I have a power mig 300 with a totally fried and burned chopper board - the one with the 5 big capacitors (red or blue) on top. Guess I will part mine out as Lincoln wants more for 16 year old board than a new welder and 3X the current value of the machine.
    D

Post Thanks / Like

oldphardt, have you contacted any of the printed circuit board (PCB) repair places? May be less expensive than Lincoln. Good luck!