Thread: Lincoln Power Mig 300 parting out - Chopper board fried

Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln Power Mig 300 parting out - Chopper board fried

I recently purchased a power mig 300 with the statement 'its only a bad capacitor' - NOT! Chopper board it totally bad and 1/4 carbon fibers. Looks like I part the thing out. Problem is that I have no way to verify the health of the rest of the machine without buying Lincoln's $2000 chopper board to test this 16 year old machine. I am living about half way between LA and Frisco. Anyone need parts - make me some offers so we can figure out the shipping $. On the other side, if anyone has a chopper board for this let me know. I intended to fix it as a gift for a disable Marine vet.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lincoln Power Mig 300 parting out - Chopper board fried

Is there a way we can chat about what your machine does when you try to weld with it? I just scooped up a 350mp for stupid cheap and it throws the codes 31 and 214. I did get it to run a 610 and run a few mig beads, but it literally throws a code 31 the second an electrode touches the base metal. One Lincoln tech says chopper board, another said feed head board. I’ve got another few head board on the way, it was only $160 vs $2k. Maybe it will work. If you could, email me, ntkfabworks@gmail.com