+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plasma importers/brand

Post Thanks / Like

Ahp/plasma importers/brand

Hello all new to the forum and got some great feedback in the everlast forum. I am in the market for an AC/DC tig and plasma cutter separate units. Can anyone tell me what’s the story with ahp? Anyone have the new 201 unit from them who can speak on pros or cons? Also can anyone point me to a decent import pilot plasma unit. I’ve done tons of searches and there are a lot of new manufacturers out there some old players but mostly new on the imports scene. Any reputable sellers of such machines on here??? Any help is greatly appreciated! Ps I can not afford red blue or yellow or trust me I would. that is all I ran in school Last year. Just got my first job as a welder from a mechanic so I’m green.
    Last edited by throwncircles; 03-22-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who plasma importers/brand

Well I Have Both AHP Tig 201 and there 60 Amp Pilot Plasma Cutter.I am not a Pro. Welder by any means .Both units got a good workout before the 30 day send it back warranty was up .Both came with nice Acc. Good solid connections. AHP did not skimp on anything.You will not have to upgrade on anything.But if you are like me you will. But not because they are needed.They were delivered on time and packed really well.If it were not for these Asian imports I would not be able to afford this Hobby .Now if I was doing this to put bread on the table Than buying from a LWS would have to be the way to go because of down time.But I would not think twice about buying these units again.Because I am retired I use them a lot and have not skipped a beat yet.These companies came a long way in a couple of years.
    Last edited by tonylumps; 03-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The Everlast forum is a SPONSORED forum. Many members in the past that provided negative feedback were deleted. Just saying .

Many of the imports are pretty similar . Many here suggest the harbor freight machines. They have a extended warranty and you can buy in store. They would be my first choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you for the quick feedback. Harbor freight personally for me with being a mechanic has been a terrible experience but I can understand the reasoning behind it buying somewhat local and the warranty get a whole new unit. but the plasma they have is just not exactly what I want. I see this guy on here Larry with the plasma metal cutters. I’m thinking of pulling a trigger on a plasma from him but see he has done some shady things in the past a few years back wondering what his op is like now? Ahp is definitely going to be my tig machine but now what about the plasma hmmm? Anyone out there with info on the aforementioned plasmametal machines please chime in or Anothe trusted import brand? Thanks guys!!! I contacted like everyone today everlast longevity coplay they were all helpful but could not get anyone from primeweld on the phone. Everlast was too high longevity didn’t have the machines to match up to ahp or primeweld (opinion) and coplay is way behind on features I’ve looked at so
    Many mid level tigs I could write a book!

Post Thanks / Like

Also just to point out I understand you have to pay to play. I’ve bought thousands in mechanics tools and specialty tools only to do jobs one or two times to pay for the tool sadly. I get it when people say red and blue are the way to go I just cannot afford it with student loans and Just starting a new career. I’m trying to find the best options at what I can afford and not get shafted with a crappy one year machine. Todays market is a wave of Chinese crap blending in with somewhat decent Chinese manufactured possibly USA designed items and you never know what you are gonna get until you do due diligence and put some feelers out there. Thanks again for info to anyone who replies this noob much appreciates it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you for the quick feedback. Harbor freight personally for me with being a mechanic has been a terrible experience but I can understand the reasoning behind it buying somewhat local and the warranty get a whole new unit. but the plasma they have is just not exactly what I want. I see this guy on here Larry with the plasma metal cutters. I’m thinking of pulling a trigger on a plasma from him but see he has done some shady things in the past a few years back wondering what his op is like now? Ahp is definitely going to be my tig machine but now what about the plasma hmmm? Anyone out there with info on the aforementioned plasmametal machines please chime in or Anothe trusted import brand? Thanks guys!!! I contacted like everyone today everlast longevity coplay they were all helpful but could not get anyone from primeweld on the phone. Everlast was too high longevity didn’t have the machines to match up to ahp or primeweld (opinion) and coplay is way behind on features I’ve looked at so
    Many mid level tigs I could write a book! If Anyone has questions about said manufacturer machines I can help with what I spoke to these guys about.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly harbor freight has a new plasma cutter in the works. If you have craigslist , check them out for one. I've seen some 110 volt Hobarts for $400 which isn't bad. Many of the 220 volt machines by me are crazy expensive ! A 10 year old machine and they want new prices , $1200.00. I always watch for a deal but still think about Hypertherm. IF you really need one HYPERTHERM is the one and only. What thickness material do you need to cut ??

Post Thanks / Like

At home I have a AHP at work I have a Aspect 375. The Aspect has more power but there is not much difference in the way they run. The AHP is nicer in that I don't have to scroll though a menu to change settings. I do see another AHP in my future for the lake place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ahp/plasma importers/brand

Quote Originally Posted by throwncircles View Post
    Hello all new to the forum and got some great feedback in the everlast forum. I am in the market for an AC/DC tig and plasma cutter separate units. Can anyone tell me what’s the story with ahp? Anyone have the new 201 unit from them who can speak on pros or cons? Also can anyone point me to a decent import pilot plasma unit. I’ve done tons of searches and there are a lot of new manufacturers out there some old players but mostly new on the imports scene. Any reputable sellers of such machines on here??? Any help is greatly appreciated! Ps I can not afford red blue or yellow or trust me I would. that is all I ran in school Last year. Just got my first job as a welder from a mechanic so I’m green.

You may want to consider this - https://primeweld.com/products/prime...-year-warranty
    They also sell plasma cutters
    I could not afford the red/blue/yellow and AHP/Everlast does not pay shipping on warranty issues after the first 30 days. Primeweld pays for all shipping for the full term of the warranty period.

And these videos -

When i grow up i want to be a welder

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac
    Not enough talent to use any of it very well

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou to all for the helpful info! So glad I joined this forum lots of great info on here. I’m actually trying to get in contact with primeweld to see what the availability is and if a little better price can be reached if I buy the plasma pilot and tig225 together. Eastwood has a deal going but I had issues with there tig200 not happy about that one. Does anyone know if the sales person with primeweld is an active user on here and can point me to him? I had trouble getting anyone on the phone and also seems they are sold
    Out on those items last I checked. I heard prime weld and ahp are made in the same facility or building and that they are moving manufacture so wondering if anyone has the backstory on that hence the backorder on ahp primeweld out of stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou to all for the helpful info! So glad I joined this forum lots of great info on here. I’m actually trying to get in contact with primeweld to see what the availability is and if a little better price can be reached if I buy the plasma pilot and tig225 together. Eastwood has a deal going but I had issues with there tig200 not happy about that one. Does anyone know if the sales person with primeweld is an active user on here and can point me to him? I had trouble getting anyone on the phone and also seems they are sold
    Out on those items last I checked. I heard prime weld and ahp are made in the same facility or building and that they are moving manufacture so wondering if anyone has the backstory on that hence the backorder on ahp primeweld out of stock?

They sell out about as fast as they get stocked. From talking to Mike ( the owner of prime weld ) he gets a shipment about every month. If you go on their website, you can sign up for email notification as soon as they are back in stock.
    He sent me an email the day they became available and i ordered one from his website. It came quickly and, even though I'm a beginner, i love it. Fit/finish and build quality seem as good as my over priced miller215.
    If you call and he does not answer, leave him a voice mail and HE WILL call you back. Their customer service is stellar.
    If you want detailed information, you can PM mechanic416 ( George ) here on welding web and he can answer any question you may have about prime weld welders and plasma cutters.
    I don't think that there is any way you can beat the bang for the buck with the prime weld products. As far as longevity , that remains to be seen. But you have at least a 3 year shipping paid warranty
    and they are great people to deal with. When you talk to Mike, he can tell you when the next shipment will be in. For the price to what you get, its worth the wait.

Mike - (856) 537-4368
    info@primeweld.com
    Cherry Hill New Jersey 08002, USA

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bevis, Solid advice! I bit the bullet and overspent my budget and bought from primeweld. I dealt with George and MIke. I have to give them props! there customer service is what sold me on them over Ahp. I bought a cut60 and a tig 225 at retail price which went against my better judgement but these guys say there machines are going to go up, not down and they cannot keep them in stock. So I hit the card for both while I could get them. and will update when they arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

If you need any help or info on ether unit don't hesitate to call me.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bevis, Solid advice! I bit the bullet and overspent my budget and bought from primeweld. I dealt with George and MIke. I have to give them props! there customer service is what sold me on them over Ahp. I bought a cut60 and a tig 225 at retail price which went against my better judgement but these guys say there machines are going to go up, not down and they cannot keep them in stock. So I hit the card for both while I could get them. and will update when they arrive.
    let us know what you think about the products when you get them.
    Mike actually texted me to apologize when he was unable to call me prior to me getting the shipment.
    Try and find that kind of customer service nowadays .

PRIMEWELD TIG225ACDCP
    Millermatic 215
    Everlast PowerPlasma 50
    oxy/ac

Post Thanks / Like

i purchased both a cut 60 and a acdc tig 225 from primeweld. My experiences with them so far for the price has been excellent. Is it a dynasty or a miller 625 xtreme no. but for the dollar. And the customer service it was the way to go i feel. One thing Mike or George if you read this. The ahp alphatig 201xd now comes with the upgraded foot pedal. The nova clone i believe. Most of your negative reviews are on your pedal. If you could get that pedal and just tack on a few extra bucks people would pay it to have that pedal included! or at least make it an option for an additional fee. as far as i can tell thats not offered now, but please correct me if im wrong? my thought is do that and you would blow ahp out the water even further, with yalls customer support and free shipping warranty claims. just my 2 cents. thanks for everyone who replied! Any specific questions please feel free to ask me. thanks ill check back.
    Last edited by throwncircles; 09-30-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am here and available.
    http://www.PlasmaMetalCutter.com

GiantTech Cut40D
    GiantTech Cut50D
    GiantTech CT520D
    GiantTech Tig200s
    GiantTech Arc200
    GiantTech Tig200PACDC
    Miller MM210
    No Brand Chinese Chop Saw
    No Brand Chinese 4" Angle Grinder

Post Thanks / Like

I believe a few of us have Lotos plasma cutters. Mine seems to work fine...................Ask about them. 50a cutter from amazon $420.

https://smile.amazon.com/Lotos-LTP50...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    Everlast i210 with 200a spool gun
    Everlast i140e
    LOTOS LTP5000D Non-Touch Pilot Arc

"Things are never so bad that they can't get worse...."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fps View Post
    I believe a few of us have Lotos plasma cutters. Mine seems to work fine...................Ask about them. 50a cutter from amazon $420.

https://smile.amazon.com/Lotos-LTP50...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I have the non-pilot arc model, (I screwed up not them... ) and the only complaint I have is the consumables. I burn through them way to fast. After I ordered and recieved my last set of consumables I found out that the ESAB branded ones will work, and cost less to boot. I have run this thing hard but not as hard as the guys who use them for a living... mine is just a toy.
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Crew View Post
    I have the non-pilot arc model, (I screwed up not them... ) and the only complaint I have is the consumables. I burn through them way to fast. After I ordered and recieved my last set of consumables I found out that the ESAB branded ones will work, and cost less to boot. I have run this thing hard but not as hard as the guys who use them for a living... mine is just a toy.
    Same machine with a better price at epicweld.net
    http://www.PlasmaMetalCutter.com

GiantTech Cut40D
    GiantTech Cut50D
    GiantTech CT520D
    GiantTech Tig200s
    GiantTech Arc200
    GiantTech Tig200PACDC
    Miller MM210
    No Brand Chinese Chop Saw
    No Brand Chinese 4" Angle Grinder

Post Thanks / Like

I run mine flush against the work and it runs fine................
    Everlast i140e

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fps View Post
    I run mine flush against the work and it runs fine................
    OH it runs fine for a wee bit... then you see way too much light out of the side... and the ceramic ring has broken.... or borken whatever it does... and now it doesn't want to arc right. I am not even working it very hard to burn them up... but the ceramic rings only last about 2-3 hours of use.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

OH it runs fine for a wee bit... then you see way too much light out of the side... and the ceramic ring has broken.... or borken whatever it does... and now it doesn't want to arc right. I am not even working it very hard to burn them up... but the ceramic rings only last about 2-3 hours of use.
    I don't even have 3 hours total on my machine..........No wonder I've only gone through a tip or two.........
    Everlast i140e

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the set (40 pieces) from ebay. As I said I've only burned up one tip, but changed out everything. At $20 for the set, is that really expensive????
    Pete
    Everlast i140e

Post Thanks / Like

No... but esab is $3 cheaper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

No... but esab is $3 cheaper

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    wow..........I would have never thought esab would cost less for 40 pieces.
    Everlast i140e

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist