Thread: Tig300/300 trouble

Post Thanks / Like

Tig300/300 trouble

I hav found a thread on an idealarc 7723-c tig300/300 welder, I have one that worked ~4 years ago prior to being moved, now I try to stick weld and only tiny sparks when the rod contacts the work.
    I have checked the 4 main diodes all god the 0-4 ohm pot is good, I have 14.7v on both dc -+, 30v on AC when selected , my machine is set up on 240v single phase, not sure what to check next

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tig300/300 trouble

I did find 1 more thing to try in another thread, with power set to max knobs turned all the way up , hf off , soft start off in dc max the thread said it should weld, only sparks when the electrode hits the work.
    I think I have read all the posts for this machine or the ones that show up when I search for TIG300/300 or 7723-c

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Are you sure you're getting the full 240 volts to the machine, sounds a lot like my Midstates when I lost 1 leg of the 240. My loss was in the on - off switch. Good luck with it!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I checked the voltage it was at 244v with my fluke 87VII

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that several years back "burnt fingers" had posted a link to troubleshooting guides for the tig300/300 7723-c but the files no longer exist would anyone that is on here possibly have them, I can read schematics and do have quality meters but have not found anything wrong yet. I have been using my gas powered miller welder but it is not nearly as consistent as the 300, not that I am that great of a welder but good even power helps.

Post Thanks / Like

When I mentioned the voltage issue I was talking about voltage at the switch, both sides with the switch in the on position.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    When I mentioned the voltage issue I was talking about voltage at the switch, both sides with the switch in the on position.
    I was out of town for the long memorial day weekend, I had checked power to the switch but will check after the switch this weekend. Thanks Cavemann