Thread: Y-split for TIG finger and pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Y-split for TIG finger and pedal

I have both the pedal and a TIG button control on the torch for my HTP Invertig 221H, and use them both regularly. It is a bit of a pain to swap them out regularly, so I would like to have them both connected and I'd just pick up the control I need. So I was thinking of building a Y-splitter.

Where can I source the 7-pin female and male connectors? What size should I look for. The ID of the screw-in connector looks like is ~1/2" but overall the OD is more like 1".

Would this setup harm the machine, e.g. by altering the impedance, or cause any unexpected effect?
    HTP Invertig 221H w/ CK20 water cooled torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 45XP
    Optrel Crystal 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Y-split for TIG finger and pedal

Why Take the chance.I have an AHP Alpha 201 The pedal uses 5 or maybe six pins.I have to look.The button control uses 2.I have 2 complete Torches set up with the hoses and connectors. I just disconnect the Power Dinz,The gas feed Quick connect, and the 7 pin plug.I know it is a lot more expensive with the hose, But I would be a little leary messing with the electronics. This way the button stays on the one Torch witch is a CK20 The pedal I use the CK17.CK Worldwide has the connectors. If it is Possible to do, they will make it up for you.But I would check with HTP first.To nice of a unit to mess up.
    Last edited by tonylumps; 05-21-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

SSC controls might be able to build one for you. They have all of the remote side parts. Perhaps they have the machine side as well. They just became a member here so give them a shout.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW2002ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USAWELD View Post
    please call us or DM on here. Thanks!
    Thank you @USAWeld, I will call you to order the items.
    HTP Invertig 221H w/ CK20 water cooled torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 45XP
    Optrel Crystal 2.0