+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Vulcan ProTig 200?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What happened to the Vulcan ProTig 200?

Just saw one today at the local HF $999
    Syncrowave 250 w/ coolrunner
    MM210 W/spoolgun
    SP 135
    Victor O/A
    Ramsond cut 50
    Titanium Stick 225.

Post Thanks / Like

Everlast told me the HF Titanium line was a ripoff of their older products when I tried to obtain Everlast case stickers so I could sell the green POS on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman21 View Post
    If any manufacturer has a gripe about color it would be Everlast. Harbor Freight's Titanium line bright green looks pretty close to the Everlast color, at least on the computer screen.
    Also recall Snap-On sold some red MIG welders, don't know if that is still the case.
    Last edited by mbmalone; 05-30-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

ProTIG™ 200 Welder with 120/240 Volt Input
    https://www.harborfreight.com/protig...put-63619.html

We couldn't find that page.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think Lincoln was hammering on Lotos as they changed there color to brown
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    you've either said too much or too little
    any timeline on that mum birdie?asking because i still have a few months on the 1 year satisfaction trial.
    I was curious about the timeline as well. But it has been a few months now. Since I see inventory running out and with the disappearance on the website I would venture soon.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louie1961 View Post
    I am betting you talked the little birdies add adjustable post flow to the ProTIG 20XXX
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbmalone View Post
    Everlast told me the HF Titanium line was a ripoff of their older products when I tried to obtain Everlast case stickers so I could sell the green POS on Craigslist.

There is clearly a POS here, but I'm not so sure it's the item being sold.
    Just say, Know.

Post Thanks / Like

i have an old green clothes dryer maybe i can get some everlast stickers for it!!!

i hope esab doesnt come after the harvest gold shag carpet or lincoln for my red fire extinguisher
    Lincoln AC 225 - S
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 ( 1980 )
    Oxy/Acet Victor Gauges/Purox Torch
    Hypertherm Powermax 800
    Miller Digital Elite US Flag

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by searcyfarms View Post
    i have an old green clothes dryer maybe i can get some everlast stickers for it!!!

i hope esab doesnt come after the harvest gold shag carpet or lincoln for my red fire extinguisher
    also have avocado green sears dryer that is old as dirt.group buy on everlast decals?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    shame hf didn't look you up for the updated version,or did they.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    shame hf didn't look you up for the updated version,or did they.......
    Maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight also got rid of The Welding Spoon

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with customer service rep about parts for my ProTig200 and they said its discontinued, parts still available. She confirmed a new model is "in the system" and I think she said it was a "205", but she didn't have any information on it other then its a replacement for the protig200 and it has 205 in the model name. Soooooooo.....I guess we'll see??

I'm also waiting on a Vulcan or Titanium plasma torch! I saw that the old plasma cutter is gone from the website too.

Post Thanks / Like

welding machines are like computers there are usually yearly changes to models with new and improved versions.
    if nothing else often electronic components are made in batches and electronic parts made 10 or 20 years ago are often no longer made. so redesign for newer component parts is needed

Post Thanks / Like

Harbor freight near me sais it was disontinued due to very low sales. Too bad. Looked like a winner.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Harbor freight near me sais it was disontinued due to very low sales. Too bad. Looked like a winner.
    See post #38.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a brand new one in the box unopened with the extended warranty. Any reason to not open it and start learning on it, and then upgrade to the new one at no cost?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeymike View Post
    I have a brand new one in the box unopened with the extended warranty. Any reason to not open it and start learning on it, and then upgrade to the new one at no cost?
    That's a great idea, I think everyone that bought one in the last your should also do it.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure we would get a wide range of answers from various stores. I am skeptical that the reason is due to "very low sales". When I asked a manager about it being discontinued he simply told me that HF does not share that information with them. I trust this answer. Anything else is just speculation unless you happen upon someone with inside information that is unavailable to the average manager.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    I am sure we would get a wide range of answers from various stores. I am skeptical that the reason is due to "very low sales". When I asked a manager about it being discontinued he simply told me that HF does not share that information with them. I trust this answer. Anything else is just speculation unless you happen upon someone with inside information that is unavailable to the average manager.
    I agree. I don't believe the store managers know much more than we do.

I do agree with Mechanic as well, even if he's being facetious about it. DON'T let things sit. I did that a couple of times with HF stuff and regretted it. I forget what it was (I think it was their original paddle shift grinder), but I bought two of the items, used one right away and it was great. After a year, opened the other and went to use it and found it DOA, and it was not something that had batteries in it, I would have found it to be DOA the day I brought it home. Luckily HF still sold it, because I ended up buying another one and returning the DOA one using the new receipt. I had an automatic darkening welding helmet I bought some time ago, used it a few times when I first got it, but then didn't have any projects that needed welding for a few years, went to use it and it didn't work. I thought it was just that the batteries had died due to being stored in a way that the lights in my shop could not keep them charged, so I left it out in the sun to try to re-charge the batteries, it didn't work, did not look like you could change the batteries and HF had changed helmets just enough so that I was not able to pull that trick I said earlier, so that helmet I had to toss.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a chance to pick up a ProTig 200 for $501. Customer return...opened but never used.

....or should i just go with the Primeweld 225...?

I am returning the Omnipro. I bought it read the manual but never unboxed the welder or components.

ProTig 200 or Primewled 225.....$500 vs $775?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeymike View Post
    Yah because if it works fine for you why return, that's just wrong, karma is s bitch,

Post Thanks / Like

Low sales, that is a joke! Those things were flying off the shelves.

Post Thanks / Like

where is the new one? HF needs to speed it up!

Post Thanks / Like

I know this thread is getting old but... The price of these things (when you can still find them) is just stupid cheap. I just picked mine up today (ProTig 200) for $200 at their parking lot sale this past weekend. Missing the 120 volt adapter (already have a spare), missing the accesories for the tig torch and came with the wrong ground clamp and stinger... But 100% functional. This particular unit was a "spare parts" model. Every time they needed a spare part for a customer who had an accesory fail - they robbed it from this box. Evidently, they then robbed some other return boxes to re-complete this box so they could sell it at the sale. I was actually about to drop a good chunk of change on the Primeweld 225 (with the nice CK torch. But for $200???? I just gotta type that out one more time: $200.

Probably still will end up grabbing the Primeweld this Fall as it certainly offers a good bit more, but for $200 I could not pass up having a solid second/backup machine. Even if I just use it for SMAW. It really is a very well built machine. Very nice stable arc, solid build quality and I have experienced zero issues with the high frequency start some others reported on. Although.. I only used it a few times this past weekend - time will tell. Perhaps the others (such as ChuckE) just needed to adjust the arc points inside?

To make this past weekend even sweeter.. I found a Titanium Unlimited 200 (Stick/MIG/Tig) at another location for $300. Normally $700. Already ran it through the paces and it also is a very solid machine. All-cast drive roller, glass-reinforced nylon faceplate, decent MIG (could be better). The inductance control is really nice and works very well. I have to be honest: these new HF Vulcan and Titanium lines really do seem to be on-par - if not a tad nicer my previous Miller 211 and old Hobart. Of coarse... those were 15+ year old machines. But still, not bad at all. Especially for the money.

As mentioned previously in the thread.. They are getting ready for new models. In fact - at the moment.. they do not even offer an AC capable Tig machine. So they will likely be revealing the new line up before end of November (black friday). One thing they should do is just discontinue the entire "Chicago Electric" line of welders... although functional - your money is certainly better spent on the Titanium/Vulcan or even Everlast.

Anyways... if anyone else still happens to find a ProTig in stores (Tested-OK, Display Model, Remaining Stock, etc) ask the manager how bad he/she wants to get it out of the store because they are cutting some deep discounts to make room for the new models. $200 for a [new] AC/DC tig machine with pulse, HF start... dammit.. Grab it if you can.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist