+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KD Welding: The real deal

Post Thanks / Like

KD Welding: The real deal

Today I met KD of KD Welding for the first time. I am favorably impressed! I am a lifelong amateur, but I've learned to recognize the real deal. I'm even better at sizing up people. KD has the skill, is an honest, hard working family man. His projects have grown in complexity in few years, as has his preparedness. We will hear more of him in the future.

KD; I'll give your brake a good home. Keep in touch. Luck is not a thing you need, so "best wishes"!
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KD Welding: The real deal

Well said Willie. He is the real deal. He is old school. Man of his word.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: KD Welding: The real deal

Quote Originally Posted by 6Boys View Post
    Well said Willie. He is the real deal. He is old school. Man of his word.
    The brake KD sold me needs a pin. No telling what ever happened to the manufacturer.

I've owned a lathe 10 years, couldn't buy a motor slow enough to match the line shaft speed it was designed for. Eventually found a gearbox designed to make the conversion. Only then did I learn carbide tooling needs speed.

I've done only two very simple bushings until now. I've turned a 1-1/2" pin to dimension, 7/8 11" long, 5/8 2.5" long. The 5/8" section gets threaded. I've never cut a thread before. Trying to You Tube it.

Any lathe proficient people willing to coach, now is your opportunity.Name:  thread.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  103.5 KBName:  shoulder.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  95.3 KB
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist