Thread: Dialarc hf- mice chewed some wires

Post Thanks / Like

Dialarc hf- mice chewed some wires

Hey guys, I ended up buying a white face Dialarc HF off of Facebook market place for under $200. It was the sellerís grandpa and it was sitting in his garage untouched for years.

I got it home and took the covers off and saw that mice had chewed thru and broke 3 or 4 wires up front under the high frequency section.

The first picture shows two of the broken wires and the second picture shows where I believe one of them should connect to on the high frequency section as well as the stub of a broken wire coming thru the back wall

I downloaded the owners manual off the miller website but it didnít have any info on this. One of the machinists I use also has a dialarc so I can take a look at his and see how itís wired but before I jump to that, does anyone know of any wiring diagrams for this section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dialarc hf- mice chewed some wires

Call Miller tech support and they will help you. Looks like you have a lot of rust on some of those connections. The rust will need to be cleaned.
    https://www.millerwelds.com/support/contact-us-form

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a lot of the connections are pretty crusty as well as the whole machine, Iím gonna be spending a lot of time with a wire wheel and wire brush in my future.

Post Thanks / Like

Figured out the broken wires and soldered in fresh wire. Cleaned up a few connections as well.

Plugged it in for the first time and the contactor was buzzing super loud. I took it all apart and cleaned all the connections in it and now it runs nice and quiet and burns 7018 rod like no ones business.

I was given a 20 series torch last night by my friend, just gotta get a cooler and clean and gap the high frequency points before I can try tig welding with it