+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guitar Steamdriven Chainsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Steamdriven Chainsaw

Howdy mates,
    Promised to up some more stuff I fumbled together.
    Heres a "Steamdriven Chainsaw-guitar", if I had any sort of budget I dreamt of getting Cusi3 0,8mm Migwire to add some steam/gas inspired stuff.
    But did the best with the circumstances working out of my trunk and availible materials *sry mates*

Name:  001_Steam-Chainsaw.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  74.5 KB
    Full frontal
    Does it make me sound way to pretentious if I confessed the "hovering" steel heart was supposed to be something like the heart of Rock'n Roll. *blushing wildly*

Name:  002_Steam-Chainsaw.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  85.3 KB
    Close-up of the tip/top

Name:  003_Steam-Chainsaw.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  77.9 KB
    Close-up of the "throat?" and details

Hope you enjoy mates.

May the force be with you!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-23-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Giant Carrots with rayguns attacking from outer space

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guitar Steamdriven Chainsaw

Another beautiful piece.
    Again, the only suggestion for now is to look into way to add some heat coloring to it.
    Based off the conditions you have to work under that you described in the other thread, you are turning out awesome work.
    I would definitely look at showing your work to an art gallery or in local art shows and competitions. Everything you have shown would have no problem being accepted into galleries here and at local art shows. I would not be surprised if you were to win awards for the work. There are art shows where you can sell your work, and there are times you can show it or compete for awards but not sell it.

Another option is to start a variety of online accounts such as Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy, etc. I do not know how popular they are where you live, but it has the potential to open up a new customer base for people to purchase your work or ask for custom work. If you choose to go that route, make sure you do not under value your work. Etsy is a good reference for pricing (at least in the United States). I sold my scrap metal guitar on Etsy a few years ago but it seems like there are more people making them and selling them now so that has driven the prices down a little.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Another beautiful piece.
    Again, the only suggestion for now is to look into way to add some heat coloring to it.
    Based off the conditions you have to work under that you described in the other thread, you are turning out awesome work.
    I would definitely look at showing your work to an art gallery or in local art shows and competitions. Everything you have shown would have no problem being accepted into galleries here and at local art shows. I would not be surprised if you were to win awards for the work. There are art shows where you can sell your work, and there are times you can show it or compete for awards but not sell it.

Another option is to start a variety of online accounts such as Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy, etc. I do not know how popular they are where you live, but it has the potential to open up a new customer base for people to purchase your work or ask for custom work. If you choose to go that route, make sure you do not under value your work. Etsy is a good reference for pricing (at least in the United States). I sold my scrap metal guitar on Etsy a few years ago but it seems like there are more people making them and selling them now so that has driven the prices down a little.
    I really need to look in to this stuff, it would be really nice if I could get some discs for the angle grinder and a roll or two welding wire (Ooooh I really wanna try the Cusi3 0,8 wire - have S O many ideas for that!)
    So I really appreciate your tips here psacustomcreations!
    I really want to see you scrap metal guitar man, do you have a pic? *would really appreciate it*
    About art galleries/local art shows and competitions, I live in a really really small "town" far up north in Sweden (Think over the polar circle, same meridian as Alaska and you pretty much pegged it, so theres not that much availible.
    There is a nice little town art Gallery "Kaleido" and I had a couple of things there, I don't think people knew what to make of it because they all seemed quite bewildered but very amused by my fumblings. (Sales tho *cough cough*)
    A very nice thing is that many seem very interested and positive at looking at this stuff I fumbled together.
    Thank you again for your awesome feedback and tips psacustomcreations!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-25-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say that you " fumble" things together!!! You make some of the most ingenious and creative works I have ever seen! Absolutely beautiful in detail. Keep posting pictures of your works.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish my fumblings were that pretty... nope just basic fumbling, the kids, the truck, the welder.
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    I wouldn't say that you " fumble" things together!!! You make some of the most ingenious and creative works I have ever seen! Absolutely beautiful in detail. Keep posting pictures of your works.
    Thank you mate, I really really appreciate your kind words. (Way to kind) But today I really appreciate all of you mates wonderful feedback.
    Thanks for encouraging me to share more stuff I fumbled together, I promise to keep stuff coming until youre tired of me

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Crew View Post
    Wish my fumblings were that pretty... nope just basic fumbling, the kids, the truck, the welder.
    Haha, I have no doubt your way over my head more skilled at the crafts than I am mate! Anyway you have a sense of humor, sound like an accomplished driver (truck), bullseye (kids) and being a member of this forum I will not even comment your apparant skills with a welder!
    Thanks for the kind words Mac's Crew, really appreciate it mate!
    Last edited by Silverbullit; 08-25-2019 at 02:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist