+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Lincoln Shield Arc welder (motor generator type)

Post Thanks / Like

Free Lincoln Shield Arc welder (motor generator type)

Hi all,
    I have a older Lincoln Shield Arc Welder motor generator welder. Type SAE 200 amps, Serial A40168, Full load 44 amps, and 220 volts 3 phase. The reason that I am giving it away is that some times it will start with my RPC and sometimes it won't. My RPC starts my 250 amp coffee grinder just fine. To make sure that the welder was ok, I took it to work and hooked it up to 208 volt 3 phase there. Its starts fine there and welds well. Along with the welder will be a copy of this manual.Lincoln Shield-Arc Welder Instruction Manual IM-103-A, Industrial Library It looks just like the picture and every thing works on it as it should. The welder will not come with power cord, cables, or the cart. I hate to get rid of this but between is size and not working with my RPC, It has to go. I am located in Rochester, New York. I would like someone to get it and use it, not scrap it. In a pinch I can bolt to a pallet to ship it. If interested please email me at phooey53@hotmail.com
    Thanks for looking Dave Vincent

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Lincoln Shield Arc welder (motor generator type)

Before giving this away, I am going to try something that someone on another form suggested. To help it start with my RPC. If any one is interested contact me. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free Lincoln Shield Arc welder (motor generator type)

Well,
    I finally had time to try this welder again. In the past I was having trouble having it start eveytime. Someone had suggested starting my shaper first (7 1/2 hp motor). This has worked very well it starts right up every time now. When welding at 12o amps every thing was fine and I did not have to have the shaper running other than starting. At 150 amp all ok. At 175 amps had to have the shaper running or the welder over load would stop the machine. At 200 amps with the shaper running, when striking the arc the welder would kick out. The only way to get the welder to weld at 200 amp was to have my shaper and lathe (3 hp motor) running also. So It looks like this welder is not ging to work for me unless, I have more power. The motor on the welder looks to be about 15 hp. I don't want to get a bigger RPC just to run this, where it runs my coffee grinder just fine. So this is Free to a good home with out the cables, power cord and cart.
    I thank every for there sugestions and comments.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist