Thread: Vking 3350 welding helmet malfunction.

Post Thanks / Like

Vking 3350 welding helmet malfunction.

Hello.

I have a Viking 3350 welding helmet for two years now. Until today all ok but now when a stop the arc I have to wait 10 seconds until the display stops the darkening. The delay setting potentiometer seems to have no further effect. Has anyone else had this problem and got a solution? And yes I already changed the batteries.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vking 3350 welding helmet malfunction.

I hate to say it but I think you are due for a new one. I run Huntman auto lens and my first one began flickering on and off after about six years. When I went to replace it the dealer told me that if I could tell him bar code from inside the battery compartment that they would give me a discount on a new one and they ended up giving me $ 120.00 off a $ 199.00 lens. Don't know if Viking has any kind of trade in policy but it might be worth checking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. View Post
    I hate to say it but I think you are due for a new one. I run Huntman auto lens and my first one began flickering on and off after about six years. When I went to replace it the dealer told me that if I could tell him bar code from inside the battery compartment that they would give me a discount on a new one and they ended up giving me $ 120.00 off a $ 199.00 lens. Don't know if Viking has any kind of trade in policy but it might be worth checking.
    I bought a cheap welding hemet today probably a Chinese crap to be able to continue my work. It was very difficult to adapt, the yellowish color and the small size of the lens. I decided to use Viking even with the reported problem and for some inexplicable reason it returned to work properly. The weather here is quite humid and yesterday was very, producing a lot of fog in the lens. I think this humidity may have caused the malfunction. Anyway thanks for the reply. I am glad the welding helmet has returned to work because it's very hard to find quality welding helments here in Brazil.
    Last edited by Dalzani Lima; 08-28-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you need to store your helmet in a container with some type of moisture absorber in it when not in use. And I do understand how hard it can be to adapt when the helmet you have been using for years goes down. Good luck and hope your helmet lasts for years to come.

Post Thanks / Like

did you change the battery and put a fresh one in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    did you change the battery and put a fresh one in?

Yes. It was my first step. But it did not resolve. I used it all day today without any problems. As I said I believe it was excessive humidity from yesterday. I could see little drops dripping internally. I imagine this humidity has contaminated the delay pot and left it dead.
    I have a frequent lens fogging problem. Sometimes I even put a fan behind me to solve or a gas mask without the filters to divert the breath of the lens.
    Last edited by Dalzani Lima; 08-28-2019 at 08:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dalzani Lima View Post
    Yes. It was my first step. But it did not resolve. I used it all day today without any problems. As I said I believe it was excessive humidity from yesterday. I could see little drops dripping internally. I imagine this humidity has contaminated the delay pot and left it dead.
    I have a frequent lens fogging problem. Sometimes I even put a fan behind me to solve or a gas mask without the filters to divert the breath of the lens.

you can take the mask window out and put it in a sealed container with dried rice, cover it all up, the rice will absorb any moisture out of it, leave it in at least a day and see if just drying it out will help, I would imagine the mask is built to take some humidity knowing the ares it will be used, such as outdoors in the rain sometimes..