+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W.T.F. HTP accepting COMPETITOR machines on trade-in for discounts!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: W.T.F. HTP accepting COMPETITOR machines on trade-in for discounts!

Keep in mind other companies have done this same sort of thing in the past, Thermal Dynamics did it with plasma cutters, working or not, it was based on amps and the credit issued accordingly. I knew somebody that took advantage of that promo and still using the plasma to this day. Pretty sure those traded in used units were sold to electronics scrapers.

Regardless it's a good promo for the right consumer. What you are getting is STEL machine, with HTP as the USA importer/support. If you could look inside at the boards, wiring and layout, they are top notch. I think they know if more of these units get out in the market it will generate sales and eventually make up any lost revenue from the discount.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Esab plasma rebate in the past.. They did not even need a machine back, just the sticker off of it.. Found a 100 amp Hypertherm tag, and got $10 per per amp discount on my Powercut 1500.. Plus the machine was new open box 25 % off of list from the Esab rep. Esab also had a very nice Circle cutter thrown in when you bought a Powercut plasma. I am all for any deal that gives the customer a break. (Me) Who care what a China importer of machines thinks about other companies policies? They could give that green machine machine away for free, and I would not bite..

I always had pretty good luck with Italian machines. Generally pretty decent stuff.. Does not seem HTP has much to lose from doing that rebate.. Since they set the trade in value. Might be better off selling it yourself though..(IMO)That way you set the price on a working machine..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    They will if they have a short term goal. I agree that most people will not get that much. That is a hook no doubt, but when people read and see the fine print on what they are getting, they may not be so ready to sell. In most every case, the person interested in the new product would be far better off listing it on their own. But it is still a large dent in their profit margin on a unit, even if they sell one for scrap or parts, because there's a lot of labor involved in that, and some overhead in storage and processing. Of course this deal doesn't have an expiration date unless I missed it. It could be a short term promotional stunt with an expected short term loss, with a hail mary grab for attention, unless of course, they have insanely high profit margins.
    im going to say most of the welders to be traded in will be LOW end junk, not lincolns or millers or any other name brand, so the amount of credit will match whats being traded in and amount of credit has been calculated into profit margin, if HTP gets a bunch of people on the fence to buy their welder that would NOT have before then its a win for them...plus they get their name out there ...how many millions of $$$$ do newer and smaller companies spend but have no real guarantee of a return??? HTP is only giving credit to purchases, so they are getting value back on every trade in...just like a new car dealer selling cars...

Post Thanks / Like

Hypertherm has had a trade in policy on older plasma cutters (administered through authorized dealers) being traded in. The cutter does not need to work and it is $ per amp traded in. The trade in systems is supposed to be rendered "unusable as scrap in the process. This has been ongoing for many years....maybe even decades! I am not sure of all the details for the Hypertherm trade in....though most dealers can provide info. Jim Colt

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that info Jim! I was not aware Hypertherm did that.

Post Thanks / Like

The program is administered by authorized distributors and is funded by Hypertherm, distributors do not all participate (as I understand), but many do. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by astronut View Post
    Thanks for that info Jim! I was not aware Hypertherm did that.

Post Thanks / Like

Severe? Hit and miss? I think that is a perception that isn't founded in reality given the scale and size of what we do.
    Go to the Everlast owner's page on facebook, and instagram for the reality.

As far as fan base, that is a determining factor in many areas, including a good and relevant gauge of customer loyalty and brand/model popularity. Customers that have a good experience, who share it is far less common that people who have a negative experience and share it. 10 to 1 customers are more likely to post negative than positive. If our customers are going online to post about their good experiences, out of their own volition, it means something is being done right. If you have customers that feel neutral, uninspired by the product, oreven with no exactly bad experience nor outstanding experience, then you will have near zero loyalty and low levels of posts about their "meh" feelings about a product.

Fanbase "crap"? Maybe if you are 80, but most people with smart phones or computers are active on the internet these days. Sure there are many that don't, but ratios typically hold true of the amount of people that will and won't, regardless of brand. So it is still a reliable factor that can be used to determine breadth, and scope of a product, and pretty accurate way to sample what you can expect, with or without the input of people who wouldn't typically post online. Not sure how cats have anything to do with it.
    Maybe, but the ability to buy likes and delete honest / negative comments means we can't really trust company controlled platforms.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

A customer controlled platform?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post
    Maybe, but the ability to buy likes and delete honest / negative comments means we can't really trust company controlled platforms.
    That's a really good point. Not calling any specific companies out, but there's been several caught doing just that^^

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBus View Post
    That's a really good point. Not calling any specific companies out, but there's been several caught doing just that^^

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Yep, a few are guilty of that. Is it Russian collusion?

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Everlast 250ext, great machine. Although the lift TIG doesn't work, which is annoying, but I never tried to contact customer service because I didn't really need it.

It's like anything,if you buy a dodge, and it breaks down, you'll hate dodges for the rest of your life, even thought some people never have problems, I honestly can't believe people exist who can't understand that concept. For instance they order a machine and it comes "doa"..... Then They automatically assume that every single other machine that company sells is a piece of trash? That's a childish and stupid assumption.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just wondering where our resident Amazon welder salesman went to? Did he get banned? Or just gave up? I kind of miss him......

. Haha just kidding

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    I'm just wondering where our resident Amazon welder salesman went to? Did he get banned? Or just gave up? I kind of miss him......

. Haha just kidding

Let us not speak his name again, lol. He undoubtedly went to the nether-realm, where he was cast asunder.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

MetalMan23, He still comes here most everyday, just can't post here. Still pushing the green units every chance he gets. If you want to talk to him, hes over at weld.com
    Last edited by mechanic416; 09-09-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    I have an Everlast 250ext, great machine. Although the lift TIG doesn't work, which is annoying, but I never tried to contact customer service because I didn't really need it.

It's like anything,if you buy a dodge, and it breaks down, you'll hate dodges for the rest of your life, even thought some people never have problems, I honestly can't believe people exist who can't understand that concept. For instance they order a machine and it comes "doa"..... Then They automatically assume that every single other machine that company sells is a piece of trash? That's a childish and stupid assumption.

What isn't working about it? Are you using the supplied torch switch?
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Let us not speak his name again, lol. He undoubtedly went to the nether-realm, where he was cast asunder.
    No wonder I have not seen an "Black Swan" threads in a long time.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

Was his name Sergie or some other russian name? You know what happens with russian collusion? You become a statistic of the clintons to protect their backsides! lugweld, your time on earth is very limited since you are most likely a pawn in the whole scheme of things!
    Last edited by astronut; 09-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Was his name Sergie or some other russian name? You know what happens with russian collusion? You become a statistic of the clintons to protect their backsides! lugweld, your time on earth is very limited since you are most likely a pawn in the whole scheme of things!
    What is that a threat? Are you kidding me? What a jerk. I've worked for Everlast for 12 years.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

What is that a threat? Are you kidding me? What a jerk. I've worked for Everlast for 12 years.
    No threat from me. I just dont collude with russians although others prefer to! They pick their bed and they have to sleep in it and deal with the outcome! Dude or dudette, you need to unwind and not let things/posts bother you so much! It will make your health so much better! Is Serige or what ever his/her name is giving you the reach around and are you giving him/her a kiss afterwards? You are a paid troll! I dont have time for you, him/her, or its products! Take your SPAM elsewhere you moron! Oh, I forgot, neverlast products SUCK! Real welders buy name brand products ! Wanta bees buy neverlast!
    Last edited by astronut; 09-10-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

No threat from me. I just dont collude with russians although others prefer to! They pick their bed and they have to sleep in it and deal with the outcome! Dude or dudette, you need to unwind and not let things/posts bother you so much! It will make your health so much better! Is Serige or what ever his/her name is giving you the reach around and are you giving him/her a kiss afterwards? You are a paid troll! I dont have time for you, him/her, or its products! Take your SPAM elsewhere you moron! Oh, I forgot, neverlast products SUCK! Real welders buy name brand products ! Wanta bees buy neverlast!
    I'm a real welder (oilfield apprenticed pipeline welder) and I bought an Everlast, but I would not buy another. It worked OK out of the box, but 1 by 1 the features stopped working and my remote location meant that it was not cost effective to send it back. Another big negative is that they will not ship overseas, even for small stuff. Now it is their perogative to choose who and where they ship to, but it's my perogative to choose who I spend my money with, and that is a deal breaker for me. So I'm going to pull the trigger on an HTP, better customer service and better build quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm......... not sure now, this might the one.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be the dumbest post. Oops - meant to be a reply to post 44
    Last edited by ljdm; 11-18-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you have been with Neverlast one would think that you would be used to threats what with all the pissed off and dissatisfied "customers"! Kind of like water off a ducks back.

jrw159

Post Thanks / Like

Well I received my HTP Invertig 221 a couple of days ago and immediately put it to work finishing a job that my Everlast died in the middle of, tig welding 2" aluminium angle for a solar power array. Initial impressions are that it welds easier, or at least easier to set properly. HF arc start is great, accessories seem to be high quality, and the $300 in free stuff means I got 2 torches and a lot of consumables for the base price. HTP went considerably out of their way as shipment had to be split up to 2 different carriers for weight consideration (hand carried as luggage). Will report back when I have time to try stick welding it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bakodiver View Post
    Well I received my HTP Invertig 221 a couple of days ago and immediately put it to work finishing a job that my Everlast died in the middle of, tig welding 2" aluminium angle for a solar power array. Initial impressions are that it welds easier, or at least easier to set properly. HF arc start is great, accessories seem to be high quality, and the $300 in free stuff means I got 2 torches and a lot of consumables for the base price. HTP went considerably out of their way as shipment had to be split up to 2 different carriers for weight consideration (hand carried as luggage). Will report back when I have time to try stick welding it.
    Glad its working out for you. Post up pics of the machine and your projects if you can. Oh and don't forget to disconnect the foot pedal for stick welding, otherwise the machine will expect for you to use it as an amperage control.
    Last edited by Oscar; 01-12-2020 at 07:51 AM.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist