Thread: Edit feature timing out.

Post Thanks / Like

Edit feature timing out.

Having the edit feature time out is ridiculous.

There isn't another forum I know of that has it this way. Who cares if someone can edit out something they said or for whatever reason it ever became this way.

Personally I think it is not good at all to have that way. You want to edit a mistake you catch later. Too bad. You want to add more info to post. Nope too late.

I don't know how many times I wanted to add a little something to clarify or add information but if it is past the edit time usually just say screw it or have to make another post when you should have to and it just makes the thread more confusing.

Any chance we could ever have this setting like the other million forums out there that always allow you to be able to edit post normally.

You see people making 6 posts in a row because they can't fix the first one. Pretty silly. It isn't a problem anywhere else so it should be here either and if it is you fix the problem not put a restriction on everyone.

Please allow us to edit normally.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edit feature timing out.

This has been brought up many times over the years.
    Its NOT getting fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am over it. Doesn't mean I'll ever like it.

Most the time I just say screw it once it locks it and I feel like editing wording or adding useful content to a post.

Ok great. Makes no sense and is actually stupid as heck.

Not a single other forum in existence locks your posts from being edited. Who cares if someone takes down something. It would probably mean they realized they shouldn't have posted so they removed it. Who cares. So if there is a fight we can see who said what ? Again who cares. Let us edit instead of having us just saying screw it or just making another new post.

I don't get it. Why would the admin think that makes any sense at all ? Nowhere else has problem because of editing. Again no body cares what is removed or not but we should be able to add and/or adjust content of a post we make. If it is 1 hour or 1 year from when post was made.

Ok so just spinning wheels I guess. Whatever !!!!
    Last edited by danielplace; 09-22-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

edits are locked to ensure folks remain accountable for what they have to say. this is not changing.

cheers,
    robb

Post Thanks / Like

I figured that was the reason but certainly if somebody says something they shouldn't have you can be 100% positive that someone will "quote" /"copy" it so it can't be removed anyhow.

Appreciate the answer nonetheless.

What stops them from saying something downright horrible and removing it in the first 15 minutes ?
    I know the answer. They can't because it will have already been quoted/copied by six people.

Oh shoot I better shut up before we can't edit at all. Seriously. Lol.
    Last edited by danielplace; 09-23-2019 at 01:45 PM.