+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unique Opportunity for Skilled Pipe Welders

Post Thanks / Like

Unique Opportunity for Skilled Pipe Welders

https://www.rebound-tech.com

My name is Chance. I'm the Director of Manufacturing for the startup Rebound Technologies, Inc. in Denver, CO. Are you searching for a unique, full time, welding position in a small production environment? We're a small, high performance team thats changing the way the world refrigerates large spaces. We currently have one full time lead pipe welder/fabricator and are looking to bring two more on immediately. This core team is expected to grow into leadership positions as we scale production. We're offering up to $4000 for relocation expenses and a $1000 signing bonus to be paid out after 6mo of employment.

The posting can be found here:

https://www.indeed.com/job/manufactu...a31d9c073ce13a

We pay well and provide excellent benefits. Most importantly, we believe that every team member is an important asset and we're on a mission to make Rebound Technologies, Inc. the best production welding shop to work for in Denver, CO!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unique Opportunity for Skilled Pipe Welders

I was making more than that when I retired 8 years ago. You better review your $$$.
    $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 may get you help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I was making more than that when I retired 8 years ago. You better review your $$$.
    Yeah, and have you seen what they're getting for recreational marijuana out there these days.

CR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    BD1, Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

BD1,

We're looking for the top professional talent. As such, Im interested in better understanding your history so I can baseline our compensation package. We think we're offering a great opportunity compared to whats available in this region.

What region was your job in?
    Was it a shop environment or field work?
    Was it salaried or hourly?
    Did you work only 40hrs per week making that or with overtime?
    Does that include bi-annual cash bonuses of 10% of your salary?
    Did you have unlimited PTO?
    Did it also include stock options in a newly emerging technology?

Post Thanks / Like

Denver ? double it and I'll come and teach your meatheads(and you) how to weld.

Post Thanks / Like

OH. Gimme 3 months and I'm gone. That;s tard territory

Post Thanks / Like

Oy! If had to spend the rest of my life welding small bore schedule 10s I think I would have to end it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Union PIPEFITTER with all the certifications ,hourly pay, time and a half for overtime, double time weekends,full benefits, $8.00 a hour PAID by employer to 401 K, yearly bonus, company vechical, both inside shop and outside Jobsites .All OSHA approved environment with latest safety equipment and latest machines. Employer supplied all tools and equipment. We supplied the skills to do the job.
    Many of us aways got paid above union wage. Professional welders are hard to find and usually have jobs waiting for them.
    No stock options and work in Illinois and Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Union pipe welders total package with bennys is about $120K without any OT. The average pipe welder probably makes $20-$30 K per year in OT. I can't see a pipe welder worth his salt taking a salary position that is under $100K on the check. Bonuses are just that and can not be relied on to make up for what would be OT if hourly.

There is a reason why they want salary and it is not good for the person 9 times out of 10.

Post Thanks / Like

rebound tech appears to being up front, on what there offering. nothing wrong w/ what there doing/offering. might be nice for a welder on the rebound of some sort. . id think theres qualified welders that are in a rut/rebound, and would be better getting outa the environment there in, and trying to start over. the name says it in plain english- "rebound technologies". take it or leave it, there not forcing anything on anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzoo View Post
    Denver ? double it and I'll come and teach your meatheads(and you) how to weld.
    This comment made me laugh in front of all my co workers ....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what's funny about that statement. As a matter of fact, it's very rude and unnecessary when the OP is being polite and civil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Precivilization, thank you, but it's ok. We now know that Weldingweb.com is definitely not for us! Honestly, this has been enlightening - in a really disappointing and unfortunate way. We know there are bright professionals (more like yourself) that take their trade and career seriously out there somewhere!

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is Chance, the professionals that you're after aren't on this forum, they're on jobsites and in workshops making money.

We're all either retired, work at a desk, or have too much time on our hands

I don't understand what's wrong with a full time $80k job especially if you look after your employees and are in for the long haul. No idea about living expenses over there, but they'll be similar or lower than they are over here. I'd have thought it would equate to around a $40k+ salary here which is a good living.
    Last edited by Munkul; 10-14-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReboundTechnologies View Post
    Precivilization, thank you, but it's ok. We now know that Weldingweb.com is definitely not for us! Honestly, this has been enlightening - in a really disappointing and unfortunate way. We know there are bright professionals (more like yourself) that take their trade and career seriously out there somewhere!
    So the professionals on Welding web are not the kind you're looking for. Apparently the bright ones that make less and take their trade and career seriously are somewhere else?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take it personal, everybody that posts a job on here gets the same treatment. I hope you find the people you need.

Post Thanks / Like

Truthfully, if I lived out that way, I'd be first through the door applying.

That's very good money where I live.
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

And you need to understand that some of us have been breathing in the welding fumes for a bit too long, along with other things.

CR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul View Post
    Problem is Chance, the professionals that you're after aren't on this forum, they're on jobsites and in workshops making money.

We're all either retired, work at a desk, or have too much time on our hands
    There is some truth to this. They are members here, just not active at the moment. This forum has been slow the last year or two. Many of the members who were active are now seldom heard from. Probably because they are busy. Economy is doing better and jobs and work are plentiful. Just about every business has "help wanted" signs out, and all of the contractors I call either have to turn down the work, or tell me they are booked out several months.
    Century buzzbox that I learned on 40+ years ago (was Dad's)
    Crappy Century 110volt mig 70 amp pigeon pooper.
    Lincoln Idealarc TIG-300

Post Thanks / Like

No worries guys! I understand where some of the bravado comes from. I get it. My hopes were simply that you guys would appreciate that a company is truly trying to put welders first and not treat them like a number in a production environment...and ideally forward this on to anyone you think would be interested!

To be clear, as a young startup company that is imminently releasing a new industrial technology, our vision is to give welders a great environment to work in and offer the exact same hours and benefits that any engineer would receive. I come from advanced manufacturing environments where shop labor is viewed as the most valuable asset in the company and treated as such. I dont think it should be any different in this industry. The key however, is demonstrated professionalism in every way - because its a two way street. We don't want to hire random welders and work them to death. We want to hire and grow leaders that can eventually take on more responsibilities as the company evolves.

So far, I've received quite a few applications from folks out of state, but I'm not sure how much of it came from here. If you guys know of anyone interested that fits the bill, give us a shout!

Chance

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist