+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Haven't posted much for a LONG time......here's a few projects we have in the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't posted much for a LONG time......here's a few projects we have in the shop

A few projects going on in the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    6 Miller Big Blue 600 Air Paks
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    4 Climax BW-3000Z bore welders
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

2. Likes mbarasing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haven't posted much for a LONG time......here's a few projects we have in the sho

All stick? the boredom must drive people nuts, everything is spaced so it can't warp that why all the cross members?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Haven't posted much for a LONG time......here's a few projects we have in the sho

I always like doing line boring, we just didn't do a lot of it.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

The capitol investment is phenomenal.

How much of than money is coming from China? I've been reading that the Chinese are virtually taking over a lot of stuff in Africa. Has a lot of folks worried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    All stick? the boredom must drive people nuts, everything is spaced so it can't warp that why all the cross members?
    no, mostly wire. The stick was used on the face shovel clam for a temper bead around the weld on adaptors.

Both of the hinge casings were replaced on this bucket, one of the reasons for the supports.

Look closely at the small bucket, its off a 349 excavator...……..they made the lip from 500 hardox!...……….needless to say, the intention was good but it's gonna have to be cut off and built with different material.
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    The capitol investment is phenomenal.

How much of than money is coming from China? I've been reading that the Chinese are virtually taking over a lot of stuff in Africa. Has a lot of folks worried.
    We are a USA company. There is NO Chinese money here! You are correct about the HUGE Chinese presence in this part of the world though.
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

Thgas some nice lookin work you got goin on there, andit looks like a helluva lot of fun. This is the work I love to do...been doin it since I was a
    kid

Post Thanks / Like

I like line boring and build up work. I havn't had to chance on a bucket as the shop does those, but have poured alot of metal on P&H shovel side frames. Nice work! I like the Hensley weld on products as well, next is Esco, then Cat as bottom of the barrel. Cat seems to be porus dirty casting.
    TOOLS AND TOYS
    SMAW Mid States Inc. "MISSING LINK" 10-150 AMP Buzzer circa 1945ish
    SMAW Magic Wand 40-60 AMP Suitcase Buzzer circa 1939ish
    GMAW Hobart 210 Ironman
    Oxy-Propane Torch
    Many other old and cold goodies
    "Rusty but Trusty"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see some expat posts again. Was beginning to think he got bored with us
    Millermatic 252
    millermatic 175
    miller 300 Thunderbolt
    lincoln ranger 250
    smith torches
    lots of bfh's
    If it dont fit get a bigger hammer

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for my ignorance, what is wrong with Hardox 500 as a bucket edge?
    Miller 180SD
    Lincoln weld pak 180
    Hobart 250ci
    Mill
    Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnrjohnson View Post
    it's not just an edge, it's the entire lip...………….It will not flex, it will break. Its a quenched and tempered steel made for abrasion resistance not structural.
    This bucket spends its time moving rocks around in a gyratory crusher ore pocket, and if the lip breaks off and goes through the crusher, it's very likely there will be serious damage. If it makes it through without damaging the crusher and wedges in a chute, it can cut several kilometers of conveyor belt...……..also very serious and expensive.
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmshop View Post
    Nice to see some expat posts again. Was beginning to think he got bored with us
    it happens...……...I just spent 15 minutes reading about a guy who has an empty argon cylinder...…...was going to respond but couldn't seem to think of anything other than, "you guys are WAY over analyzing this, your cylinder is empty, get it filled and weld on!!" Getting soft with years I guess
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mnrjohnson View Post
    Yes, I'm curious too. I got a guided tour on a big name company here that we best let be unnamed, as I helped out to make some duel stands and shooting targets for a couple of competition shooting clubs. They actually showed us Hardox on buckets on escavators and backloaders and compared to other brands (Armox and whatnot?!? cant remember those names) And Hardox stood up best on buckets in comparison, Armox second and the rest was not really comparable. So we made those shooting targets out of both H & A scraps and they kept up really nice to this day as far as I'm informed. As they literally claimed these was made for bucket edges and such you have peeked my curiousity now and it would be nice to learn more?
    (They even have excavator bucket edges in their sheets http://www.pegasusprofiles.co.uk/bucket-edges/ )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MISSING LINK View Post
    I like line boring and build up work. I havn't had to chance on a bucket as the shop does those, but have poured alot of metal on P&H shovel side frames. Nice work! I like the Hensley weld on products as well, next is Esco, then Cat as bottom of the barrel. Cat seems to be porus dirty casting.
    I've used ESCO for many years on the bigger stuff but just switched to Hensley. We actually built that lip with the Hensley adaptors on it here.
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatWelder View Post
    I just spent 15 minutes reading about a guy who has an empty argon cylinder...…...was going to respond but couldn't seem to think of anything other than, "you guys are WAY over analyzing this, your cylinder is empty, get it filled and weld on!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatWelder View Post
    it's not just an edge, it's the entire lip...………….It will not flex, it will break. Its a quenched and tempered steel made for abrasion resistance not structural.
    This bucket spends its time moving rocks around in a gyratory crusher ore pocket, and if the lip breaks off and goes through the crusher, it's very likely there will be serious damage. If it makes it through without damaging the crusher and wedges in a chute, it can cut several kilometers of conveyor belt...……..also very serious and expensive.
    Thanks,
    Miller 180SD
    Lincoln weld pak 180
    Hobart 250ci
    Mill
    Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullit View Post
    Yes, I'm curious too. I got a guided tour on a big name company here that we best let be unnamed, as I helped out to make some duel stands and shooting targets for a couple of competition shooting clubs. They actually showed us Hardox on buckets on escavators and backloaders and compared to other brands (Armox and whatnot?!? cant remember those names) And Hardox stood up best on buckets in comparison, Armox second and the rest was not really comparable. So we made those shooting targets out of both H & A scraps and they kept up really nice to this day as far as I'm informed. As they literally claimed these was made for bucket edges and such you have peeked my curiousity now and it would be nice to learn more?
    (They even have excavator bucket edges in their sheets http://www.pegasusprofiles.co.uk/bucket-edges/ )
    Hardox is just a brand name for a particular steel. Hardox 500 is a 500 Brinell, quenched and tempered wear plate that is not designed for structural loading. The "edge" of a bucket or blade or whatever is a perfect place for H500, The lip is not. The lip is the bottom front 1/3rd or so of the bucket and is what the edge attaches to. Clear as mud??
    2 Miller 400D
    6 Lincoln LN-25's
    4 Miller Xtreme 12VS
    2 Miller Dimension 812
    Hypertherm 65 and 85
    Bug-O Track Bug
    Pair of Welpers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist