+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interested to buy a Powermax 45XP

Post Thanks / Like

Interested to buy a Powermax 45XP

Hello, I am interested in buying a Powermax 45XP, and was wondering if there are any Black Friday / XMas / end-of-year sales coming up, and what specific vendors to look for. I have dealt with Baker's gas before, but am open to anyone. My LWS is unfortunately not a Hypertherm dealer. Would like to avoid buying now, only to see a % off sale come end of November or Dec. Thank you all for any tips.
    HTP Invertig 221H w/ CK20 water-cooled torch • Lincoln PowerMig 210MP • Hypertherm PowerMax 45XP • Optrel Crystal 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interested to buy a Powermax 45XP

You can just keep searching online, though I am not aware of any pending sales. My advice always is to buy from the local welding supply stores. Often they will throw in some gloves, glasses, consumables, and will be there to support you with training or any issues that may happen. To find the authorized Hypertherm distributors go to www.Hypertherm.com and click on "where to buy" Jim Colt

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your intervention Jim. Very much appreciated your comments over the years. There are several dealers in the PHX metro, so will use one of them (my LWS is not one of them, alas). Will go ahead and order a 45XP.
    HTP Invertig 221H w/ CK20 water-cooled torch • Lincoln PowerMig 210MP • Hypertherm PowerMax 45XP • Optrel Crystal 2.0

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    You can just keep searching online, though I am not aware of any pending sales. My advice always is to buy from the local welding supply stores. Often they will throw in some gloves, glasses, consumables, and will be there to support you with training or any issues that may happen. To find the authorized Hypertherm distributors go to www.Hypertherm.com and click on "where to buy" Jim Colt
    Good thought Jim. My parts dealer is always there for me when I have a problem or question. Also, many times there will be another customer in the store willing to add his two cents to my questions. As a true hobbyist, much of the info I get is priceless..............
    Pete
    Everlast i210 with 200a spool gun
    Everlast i140e
    LOTOS LTP5000D Non-Touch Pilot Arc

"Things are never so bad that they can't get worse...."

Post Thanks / Like

OK I pulled the trigger and ordered a Powermax 45XP. Will start with the manual torch, but as a I already have a small Avid CNC table for wood, and Avid offers plasma conversions, am planning on upgrading to a machine torch in the future. In the meantime will be asking a lot of questions about plasma cutting.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist