+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ProTig 205 Coupon Out...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ProTig 205 Coupon Out...

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    here you go: https://imgur.com/r/harborfreight/WsfUNRp

worked for me last week at the store.
    But this is just for Accessory not for the welder ! how come it work on the welder ? it does not work on online on the machine either ! now I'm confused

Post Thanks / Like

But this is just for Accessory 20% off not for the welder ! how come it worked on the welder ? it does not work on online on the machine either ! now I'm confused

Post Thanks / Like

The code I gave in my post above was for the Welder for 799.00. It worked online. I just got my welder today. Yes I had to wait a little over a week but I was not in a rush. The main reason why I ordered it online was the I knew the store I would go to would not honor it.
    Last edited by TJS; 06-25-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    JD2 Hyd Bender and HF Hyd Ring Roller all in one =(Frankenbender)
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table
    Instagram: tjsperformance
    YT: TJS Welding and Fabrication

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOoooo, you are right! Just tried it online and they've changed something recently. Looks like they are NOT honoring that coupon if applied to the Vulcan branded welder anymore...

Well, it USED to work for any Vulcan product (to include the welders), but I guess it doesn't anymore. Bummer because that translates to a $100 loss of savings for those customers that order from now on...and that's if they have the $899 coupon even; otherwise it's the full $999 (before any extended warranty) if they don't!
    Lincoln 140HD solid .023 and 75/25% Ar/Co2 or 100% Co2
    Lincoln SP-140T innershield .03 or Aluminum spool gun
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Harris Oxy/Ace torch setup
    Chicago Electric Stud Welder
    LTP 5000D Lotos 50A Plasma
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    The code I gave in my post above was for the Welder for 699.00. It worked online. I just got my welder today. Yes I had to wait a little over a week but I was not in a rush. The main reason why I ordered it online was the I knew the store I would go to would not honor it.
    Wait! You found one for $699?!? Is that a typo or did you really get $300 off??? O.O! Mine only got me to $799 before tacking on extended warranty stuff. LOL!
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beeker View Post
    Wait! You found one for $699?!? Is that a typo or did you really get $300 off??? O.O! Mine only got me to $799 before tacking on extended warranty stuff. LOL!
    Yes type-o I fixed it. 799.00
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table

Post Thanks / Like

I guess that also translates to less customers and less exposure to the market then...
    (which I thought they were trying to generate excitement and demand during the launch of their "new and improved" product...you know, marketing department trying to make a splash in the pool rather than a plop. )
    Last edited by Beeker; 06-25-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anakri View Post
    But this is just for Accessory 20% off not for the welder ! how come it worked on the welder ? it does not work on online on the machine either ! now I'm confused
    take the code and photo to local store and nicely ask the manager to manually enter it and mention this thread. most managers will work with you. they'd rather sell a unit than see it sit still and according to a hf employee,the vulcan welders don't sell that well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filetobeef View Post
    ...according to a hf employee,the vulcan welders don't sell that well.
    That's actually disappointing to hear. Granted I'm just a TIG newb, but doing my buying research even I recognized Vulcan had been doing some improvements to their product line recently from the 165 to the 200 to now the 205. Seemed like they were adding the features and listening to inputs for what the customer base was looking for; I thought they had it refined with this new one. I would've hoped the HF/Vulcan team would've worked together to ramp it up and get more exposure to the market. But hey, what do I know...
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

$200 coupon worked online for me as well 2-3 weeks ago. received mine a few days ago.

Whats the 3 year extended warranty costing you guys? Do you have to purchase that in 30 days from purchase? In store only?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by h2oyo View Post
    $200 coupon worked online for me as well 2-3 weeks ago. received mine a few days ago.

Whats the 3 year extended warranty costing you guys? Do you have to purchase that in 30 days from purchase? In store only?
    Receipt says it was $119 for the extended warranty. I did mine in-store at time of purchase.
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

If it weren't for the $200 coupon I probably would've gone with my alternative which was a Primeweld 225X ($799.00) due to the good reviews, the great accessories included, and the comparable warranty. But the easy availability to a HF store, (approximately) the same price, and not having to box/ship welder back for service or warranty swap is what tipped it toward HF...even though the Vulcan ended up being more expensive when the extended warranty got tacked on. Since I'm new to TIG I was/am worried about warranty swap out should anything break. Only time will tell now...
    Dayton 230A AC Stick
    Vulcan Protig 205

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Folks Got a dud.

PLEASE READ..LONG
    Ok. I take back all I said about the Pro TIG 205. Well for me anyway. I got the unit in late June. It sat in my garage till Saturday August 29th. I knew my 90 day warranty was up soon. I also went Saturday to the Harbor Freight store to purchase another 2 year warranty. That was a fiasco in itself. Anyway, when I got home (Sat) I unpacked the unit. Made a plug adapter extension for my wall plug. Hooked it all up with a new bottle of Argon and turned it on. Sweet it turns on and ran thru all the settings and parameters. So lets try to TIG some alum. Found some nice clean alum I just welded on with my Miller dynasty 300DX. Helmet down, foot pedal down and and nothing but some clicking. Hmmm, check the work clamp, all good. Try again. One little arc for less than a second. All it did was pop, click. So change to DC, found some clean steel. Ok, lets try this. Same thing....JUNK. DOA out of the box. Pack it all up and return it back to the store on Sunday morning. Found the same dude who finally knew what he was doing when I purchased the extended warranty on Saturday. Told him what happened. He said, I have one left in stock, do you want that one. I said, NOPE. I am done. Give me my money back. He refunded me but was trying to get me for 20% restocking fee. I told him, you cannot restock this unit as it does not work. My Wife was there and gave him a few words too. He waived it. So now I am going to make the leap for a backup tig machine and it is going to be an HTP Intertig 221 dual voltage machine.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Dynasty 300 DX
    HTP 240
    HTP Microcut 380
    Hyperthem 85
    Bpt. Mill/DRO
    4' x 8' CNC Plasma Table

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist