+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 Husky sockets for $79

Post Thanks / Like

200 Husky sockets for $79

Home Depot FYI: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...0MSS/207186810 Lifetime warranty no questions no receipt
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 200 Husky sockets for $79

Looks prety decent for a starter set.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Bought that set earlier in the year on clearence. Lives in my truck box for extras to grind, cut down and modify as needed. It's definitely a good buy.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived a few days ago. I've been so busy I threw them on the garage floor where they will sit till I get time to open them.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Great buy for a first, or second set.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good buy, I wish they offered a better description of the sizes, all SAE, or are they a mix of SAE & metric?
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Great value there. Husky tools are decent quality, and the warranty is great (they usually have a nice assortment of loose sockets and tools at every store).

Add one of the wrench sets they also have on sale, multi tip screwdriver, allens, ratchets and an ammo can and you have a fairly complete grab and go tool set for a decent price.

The full listing can be found in the "info and guides" section on the webpage. https://images.homedepot-static.com/...8da18ab34f.pdf

This is my preference for a ~$100 kit to keep in the truck, still need to add wrenches but the price is impossible to beat considering what you get for it. The box sucks also, but again, the price. I bought a bunch of them when they were made in Taiwan (4 years ago) and have had zero issues except for blatantly abused items, which were replaced/refunded without issue. They've since switched to made in china. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-227-...Set/1000642747

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at the link SlowBlues provided it looks really decent. Now if it came with 3 ratchets to fit the sockets it would be a no brainer deal. Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one. Where are they made?
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

The lowes kobalt set I linked is now made in china unfortunately, and comes with all 3 ratchets, 1/4 3/8 and 1/2.

It was the best value per dollar when I got it, and might still be though I've seen some good sets coming out for what seem like mind blowing prices compared to what I've been used to.

I've broken some pieces via abuse and the replacements (from china) have held up as well to abuse as the made in Taiwan pieces.

I still use these tools more than my "main set" because most of the stuff I end up needing to wrench on is away from my garage.

The main thing I'd add is an extension/adapter set, and another, more full wrench set. The set comes with every small wrench you could dream of but has a very limited collection of actually used sized wrenches. Top if off with the bigger impact sockets from HF, a breaker and torque wrench and you could do just about anything you need to on a vehicle for an extremely reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

“Where are they made” ?????

Are you kidding me?

China or Taiwan take your pick.

Husky was once owned by STANLEY
    Not sure who owns them now.

But at one time,
    ALL Stanley tools were made in New Britain Connecticut.

Then they started closing departments in Connecticut moving them to South Carolina

Then overseas

The rest is history.

Me love you long time...

I have lots of family members who work for Stanley throughout the years.

And Connecticut, and pretty much the USA
    They are just a shell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Post Thanks / Like

china, Taiwan, india, philippines. germany, Czech republic, etc etc.

For the people buying the tools it matters greatly, even if it's not made in USA.

For the people constantly complaining on a forum rather than contributing, well you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlowBlues View Post

For the people buying the tools it matters greatly, ..
    WHY would it matter greatly?

do you know how many Trump loving USA only people shop at Harbor Freight on a regular basis?

LMAO.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

Quality differs from country to country, and for hand tools can be fairly accurately predicted based on what country things come from (like guitars). Of course this isn't a hard rule and there are exceptions, but I'd take made in Taiwan all day every day over made in India.

Do you have mostly made in USA stuff in your garage? I'd be interested to see the actual amount of made in USA items (including the garage itself) that never harbor freighters/walmarters have. I love the usa and am a proud citizen but when was the last time you saw a made in usa drill press for a home gamer? Be real my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have mostly made in USA stuff in your garage? I'd be interested to see the actual amount of made in USA items (including the garage itself) that never harbor freighters/walmarters have. I love the usa and am a proud citizen but when was the last time you saw a made in usa drill press for a home gamer? Be real my friend.
    Most of my hand tools are OLD craftsman / snap on / new britain etc etc...

ONLY because I'm an Old Goat...

that said,
    I DID buy a 20T air/hydraulic bottle jack at HF today.... 25% off coupon...
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

If you're in Canada, CT has a 9 piece combination wrench set for $18

Normally they are $15 each for singles

$2 each = great price.

I find them too long, but they are nicely finished if you have romb to swing it.

Plus a great price for a cut/bend/weld special

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m....0588602.html?

I have some that are 20 years old and still great.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my local HD's had 14 of these 200 piece sets in the Christmas bargain area. I totally forgot to look to see where they are built.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the husky set is also made in china. Most of the good middle of the road hand tools are moving to china, so that doesn't necessarily mean they're junk.

John T. I have that air over hydraulic jack in my shop press and have been really happy with it. I've taken it out plenty of times to use under a truck and the convenience is hard to beat. Not only the speed but it really frees up a hand when/where you need it most.

I have a few made in usa hand tools I mostly got from my dad, they are old school and great. Sadly, the new made in usa stuff i've seen doesn't compare (screwdrivers, and chisels are still common). The tooling/machining is really subpar, and you can often tell they're low paid employees that just don't care.
    Last edited by SlowBlues; 12-13-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a never ending yard sale on the weekends, he deals in tools. I have picked up brand new old stock sets of US made drill bits in the metal 64 piece index for $30. I have bought close to 10 used US made 3/8" drive ratchet handles, US made punches and drifts. He has buckets filled with old US sockets, when I have more time I'm going to go through my sockets and see what I am lacking then go pick through his buckets. I have a lot of US made wrenches and sockets, mostly old Craftsman but some Snapon, Proto and a few old oddball US names. I do not expect great quality out of the Husky set but they will serve their purpose, and if they fail Home Depot is right around the corner for my free replacement no receipt no questions. I haven't even opened the box yet but I'll be surprised if they don't come from China.
    Last edited by bigb; 12-13-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

John T. I have that air over hydraulic jack in my shop press and have been really happy with it.

low paid employees that just don't care.
    Cool, thats the plan... put it into my press/ swag brake ....

speaking of employees.... Yesterday at HF, only 2 people working in the entire store....
    One was an older woman... had to be late 60's ....

she had to go in the back to look for the jack.... I had to go back there with her to get it. she said "no you can't come back here"
    but I insisted... the poor woman couldn't even lift the box.

ridiculous.

nice lady though... threw in some free stuff at the register also.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

200 Husky sockets for $79

John T. I have that air over hydraulic jack in my shop press and have been really happy with it. I've taken it out plenty of times to use under a.

Seems to work pretty good.
    Sure beats pumping the handle 100 times.

Also nice that they include a new seal/rebuild kit ... hope I don’t need it. LoL!

Yes it would be a handy carry along on the road,,

But this one is staying put.

I added some safety cables to the springs.
    A few years ago I had a garage door spring bust. And it went flying across the room.

I feel more comfortable with safety cable.
    I also most definitely wear safety glasses whenever using the press.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    HTP 221

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    There's a guy in my neighborhood that has a never ending yard sale on the weekends, he deals in tools. I have picked up brand new old stock sets of US made drill bits in the metal 64 piece index for $30. I have bought close to 10 used US made 3/8" drive ratchet handles, US made punches and drifts. He has buckets filled with old US sockets, when I have more time I'm going to go through my sockets and see what I am lacking then go pick through his buckets. I have a lot of US made wrenches and sockets, mostly old Craftsman but some Snapon, Proto and a few old oddball US names. I do not expect great quality out of the Husky set but they will serve their purpose, and if they fail Home Depot is right around the corner for my free replacement no receipt no questions. I haven't even opened the box yet but I'll be surprised if they don't come from China.
    That's over here.

Receipt required, no warranty on anything past a certain age- there's old husky and new husky -

Post Thanks / Like

Did any one see the GearWrech 20 piece Combo Wrench ratcheting SAE/Metric set for for $59.99 ? Looks like Sears has the same set for less than $52.00 with cash rewards towards future purchases. Then then Sears also has a Craftsman ratcheting 20 piece combo set like the GearWrench set for $59.99 Not sure which I'd prefer to have. Both sets are probably made in China and both come with a lifetime Warranty. Will Craftsman improve it's tools any time in the future so the replacements will be made of better quality or will it stay the same or go down hill?

Edit: Then HD has the Hucky 20 Piece SAE / METRIC Combo ratcheting set for less than $40.00

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-SA...PCSM/205191132
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 01-02-2020 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot of brands I'd buy now before Crapsman. How about the ICON lineup that Harbor Freight is carrying, heard nothing but good about them, people are saying they are comparable to Snapon at a fraction of the cost.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

Post Thanks / Like

The Husky "not Hucky" I linked above is a pretty sweet deal for ratchesting comboniation wrench set of Metric 8-18MM and SAE 1/4" - 13/16" which will be hard to beat.

Can you link a better deal than that for wratcheting 20 piece combination set with a lifetime warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Home Depot FYI: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-1-...0MSS/207186810 Lifetime warranty no questions no receipt
    not that i'm planning on doing a lot of wrenching in florida but that's a good enough price for me to buy just in case. those sockets will fit nicely in my hf rolling toolbox that's just as good (or better) than my expensive bent on delivery craftsman box.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist