+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESAB Migmaster 250 Gas Solenoid valve-NO Power Need Help!

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB Migmaster 250 Gas Solenoid valve-NO Power Need Help!

Hello All,

purchased a used Migmaster 250 ESAB. MM-250 Model Number. Serial Number MA1725262. I've bought a new gun and new tank.

The gas is not working (shown at Flowmeter and shown by poor weld). I've removed the Solenoid Valve but I've figured out the solenoid is reading 0 volts (using a multimeter with the trigger pulled). The Solenoid is testing 24 OHMS.

Using the User Manual I've found online, I've figured out there's no power going from the Wire feed Control PCB Board from the blue wire. I took a gamble buying the welder and it does weld (but gas does not work), but I am nervous to start throwing expen$ive parts at it to further gamble if it will work.

Thinking the Wire Feed Control board may be faulty (my wirefeed motor wasn't working for a bit either, now fine after I cleaned up all the connections), but any other suggestions on things to check before guessing?

I highlighted areas of the wiring diagram that I've checked power with the trigger engaged (mostly blue wire that I have starred): Positive solenoid Lead (0 volts), pcb wire feed control (0 Volts), spool selector switch (0 Volts). All areas I made sure to have a good ground connection. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Trevor Deck
    Fox Lake, IL

Name:  IMG_0827.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  118.4 KBName:  IMG_0827.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  118.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB Migmaster 250 Gas Solenoid valve-NO Power Need Help!

If both small relays pull in with a trigger pull then the spool gun select switch is bad or there is a broken wire at the terminal strip. Check terminals 1 and 2. should be jumpered together.
    The gas valve goes to the switch. also make sure the plug is installed in the front panel. the gas port for a spool gun.
    If it is missing, get a LP tank valve shipping plug. has left hand threads. With plug missing your tank will run dry real fast.
    It is before the gas valve.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB Migmaster 250 Gas Solenoid valve-NO Power Need Help!

Make sure the switch inside the feed area is set correctly and not to the spool gun position.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist