+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sediment tank

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sediment tank

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    The old spring is now the headwaters of a brook. It isn't treated, isn't poisoned. The new source is a drilled well several hundred feet deep. The float switch in the holding tank switches the pump on and off. There's about 40,000 gallons in the holding tank, and the chlorinator dumps it in as it enters the mainline on its way to the village. Certainly there is toxic chemical entering ground water by way of each home's septic system. I presume it mostly evaporates into air.
    Around here they chlorinate/floridate/etc(bunch o crap) city water (we are on a well) and when working on water system we are required to treat *all* water purges with vitamin C... at least that's what they call it. When we flush fire hydrants you are supposed to put the big(expensive) C tablets in the diffuser then blow the water through it as the water flows through it dissolves and mixes with the chlorine/etc... and is *supposed* to make it safe... but it's ok to drink this sh1t

Post Thanks / Like

Willie B

I just read the entire thread - too much data - with little solution -
    Is your water: a municipal source - or 'own spun' . . . ?

. . . My water comes from . . . It is a gravity system . . . about 250 PSI . . .

My pressure reducing valve doesn't last very long . . . I believe the problem
    is grit in the water . . .
    You are: N° by EN° - and not surrounded, by 100's x 1000's of acres, of irrigated turf -
    So, this product may be little known to you -

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAg&uact=5

Irrigation grit is circumferentially filtered - such, that will not clog a sprinkler orifice -
    Consider a 'Separator' upstream of your filter bank . . .

hth

Opus

Post Thanks / Like

Two towns approximately 74 square miles have within their borders a municipal district formed 130 years ago that encloses about 200 water customers over 3.5 miles of road, less than a square mile. It is Danby-Mount Tabor Fire District. 130 years ago it was about fire fighting, and domestic water. Now it is only a domestic water system. It is owned by property owners within the district, but heavily meddled with by State & Federal regulators. By the mid 1990s the galvanized pipe installed 100+ years earlier was rusting out. A particular problem was anywhere pipe had been cut and field threaded.

In 1990s Feds provided engineering for a new system with plastic pipe. They missed a few important details in the design. The drainage system in the heart of the village being the big one.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also use a hydrualic filter setup in front of your pressuer reducer that will handle the pressure I would be tempted to drill the well anyway if it was big of a hassle even if i had to keep paying for the water sysystem.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OPUS FERRO View Post

Willie B

I just read the entire thread - too much data - with little solution -
    Is your water: a municipal source - or 'own spun' . . . ?

You are: N° by EN° - and not surrounded, by 100's x 1000's of acres, of irrigated turf -
    So, this product may be little known to you -

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAg&uact=5

Irrigation grit is circumferentially filtered - such, that will not clog a sprinkler orifice -
    Consider a 'Separator' upstream of your filter bank . . .

hth

Opus
    It is exactly what I needed but didn't know it existed. I've ordered a filter, and I'm going to try it. If it doesn't do the job, I'll explore the cyclone idea.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

It is exactly what I needed but didn't know it existed. I've ordered a filter, and I'm going to try it. If it doesn't do the job, I'll explore the cyclone idea.
    most if not all of those cyclone filters are rated for a much less than 250psi, just take a quick look at the specs...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist