+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynasty 210 Dx have spot weld function?

Post Thanks / Like

Dynasty 210 Dx have spot weld function?

Hi, I've been reading through the owner's manual and don't see a spot weld function for the dynasty 210 dx. Is it in a hidden menu?

Many thanks,

Harold

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dynasty 210 Dx have spot weld function?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a dedicated spot weld function, but you could come up with one using the sequencer options.

P.S. posting the same question in two places is generally frowned upon on most forums. It's better to have all the answers in one place rather than spread out in multiple threads.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks G-ManBart for your fast response, I'll check the sequencer options. Apologies for the multiple posts, a bit of a fumbling start on my part.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it does. See owners manual on how to access the tech menu. section 11-2 scroll to weld timers and set it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Looks like it does. See owners manual on how to access the tech menu. section 11-2 scroll to weld timers and set it up.
    Thank you. I found it specifically on page 58. I am going to have to try and play with it to get something I like. I only have a foot pedal. I'm just a hobbyist and there is a lot going on here.So this is my best guess so far: Set Weld Timer off (I don't fully understand what this does. My guess is that it prides an initial time to the "initial amps" portion of the curve on page 59). 1) Preflow, 2) Initial Amps = 1 (The lowest it goes for DC, but it couldn't possible keep an arc with that.). 3) Initial Slope Time = Off. 4) Final Slope Time = Off. 5) Final Amperage = 1. 6) Final Time = Off. So my guess is that you stomp on the pedal, and dependent upon the press depth it will produce your "Main Amps" which is just the normal amps you set on the box, but how do you control the length of time that the you are at "Main Amps". This would kind of defeat the purpose of trying to make a spot weld if you have to wrench you foot of the power the second you see some light. Is it actually the Weld Timer that sets the sum of total time, basically: Weld Timer - (Initial time + Initial Slope Time + Final Slope Time + Final Time) = Main Amps. All that is left for me to do is experiment I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist