Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a few projects going on in the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a few projects going on in the shop

i got the bed installed, lights put in, and have been driving it around. Im not used to vehicles that are tight, Im all over the road. the truck it replaced was at 300,000 miles and my truck is there also. I ended bidding at an auction and got a box and pan brake looking forward to using that but also in the lot was a bunch of greenlee conduit and threaded pipe dies and benders. is this stuff worth anything or were would I try for selling it?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that Greenlee hydraulic pipe bender is worth something. Commercial electricians use them for bending rigid electrical conduit. I’d say it should sell in the $500 - $1000 range easily.
    Miller Trailblazer Pro 350D
    Miller Suitcase MIG
    Miller Spectrum 2050
    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Lincoln 210MP

Post Thanks / Like

The hydraulic pump and ram would be useful to a wider clientele.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will send all the pipe and conduit stuff through an auction I have no use for it and would like to get a start on saving for a good hydraulic hose machine need to be able to do 1" at 5000 psi hose so I think I need a 60 ton machine. but while I have been waiting for my injection pump I started working on my newest to me purchase. thanks to danielplace on here i was able to rewire it from 440 to 220 now Im just waiting on a new set of coils for the starters then bending time. 10 gauge at 8 foot. this machine is old enough that its all straight gears and electric, and quite fast on the bend. gone take some getting used to have all the fingers just haven't unloaded them yet.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Try to sell the bender private. Look here for some prices on new.

https://www.toolup.com/greenlee/cond...raulic-benders

Post Thanks / Like

rig finally went out today, 4 weeks and 3 days down. ouch. had to send a guy to salt lake to pick up the injection pump after it didn't get shipped the thursday before memorial day like it was supposed to. still need to wire in the temp gauge permanently and the tach but its running and drilling. had a bunch of worn out old parts come in off of a star 72 so that's the fill in work for the shop. but the winch needs mounted first thats next weeks project

7. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

haven't added to this for a while. that winch was totally trashed internally, so it ended up in the recycle bin. have been slammed busy, but had little easy fix, carnage today. and now my help knows why everything is gusseted and overbuilt had to change some of the mounting points when the bed got changed and the gussets to the bumper didn't get put back in it was hooked to a truck trying to pull it out of the mud and this was the result. also a new flat bed for the old work truck.

9. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

new flat bed pictures didn't go here they are
    also my first stick welding of aluminum, that stuff welds fast but on thicker stuff it looks like it would work, for the few times I weld aluminum.
    on the flat bed we are going to bend up some underbody boxes just haven't got to it yet.

11. Likes 12V71 liked this post