+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESAB 215 Issues right out of the box

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB 215 Issues right out of the box

So I just finally got my hands on a Rebel 215 at work and couldnt wait to test it out. I still have not run a 208/230v 50a circuit for the welder so I used the adapter and ran it on 120v 20a. Day one everything worked great. I ran it through all the processes to see how it performed on the lower voltage and was quite pleased at every feature. Day 2: I was going to tackle a small tig project but could not get an arc to strike. Tried both the pedal and the press button on the torch and had no luck. I took the torch apart and put it back together to make sure I had everything right and still nothing.

I switched it over to stick welding and had the same results, no arc what so ever. I then put the MIG gun on there and confirmed all processes are not working. The ground clamp has no issues which was all I could think of off the top of my head. Then I also noticed that there was no gas coming from the MIG gun when I squeezed the trigger. Opening up the side panel I can feel/hear the gas coming out the back of the MIG hose, spraying towards the spool. All the O Rings seem to be in fine order so I am quite confused.

I have no idea what would cause this machine from working fine one afternoon and then have two complete failures over night with absolutely zero human interaction between the successful operation and the failure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESAB 215 Issues right out of the box

Did you reset the machine from the GUI? Have you called ESAB technical support? Did you try it on 220V?

If all else fails then it becomes a warranty claim. Seems you need to do some more digging on your end because nobody here has access to your machine. Your 120v ckt might even be the issue.
    ESAB Rebels 215 and 235, ESAB HELIARC 281i, ESAB ET 301i, Hypertherm 85 and 45XP, Thermal Arc 185, TD 60i, HTP PRO PULSE 300

Post Thanks / Like

No need to run more than one thread on the issue at hand. Hopefully a moderator will merge these two into one thread.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

ESAB support sucks, they never got back to me when I had problem with my esab 215ic, mp machine.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as under warranty, bring it back to the store to get it checked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Gas out the back of the gun and no gas out the front. Push gun in a little more. gas port has to line up between the two o-rings.
    why do electronic devices fail just setting there? Any electronic device can fail on power up at any time. New or old.

Post Thanks / Like

The ESAB 215 I had was nothing but troubles....packed it up and
    sent it back a...also the adaptive arc or whatever the call it is a gimmick....

YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Brand new to this forum, literally seconds ago! lol I bought the ESAB Rebel emp 215 ic 7 months ago and just unboxed it and plugged it in yesterday. To my dismay it would not function?? I have it plugged into 120v household as that is my only option at present. The display screen is showing a 90v caution icon?? I tested the plug in receptacle and it reads 122v? Does anyone here have any ideas as to what this could be? I will obviously be calling ESAB about this early next week. Thanks in advance, Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using an extention cord or plugged directly into the wall. Also do you have it plugged into an outlet that has suffient amperage? I've never heard of any one buying a new product and waiting 7 months to give it a spin around the block lol. I was like a kid in the candy store when mine arrived wanting to read the owners/user manuals to get to know it and use it ASAP.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist