+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hypertherm 380 - what's a fair price?

Post Thanks / Like

Hypertherm 380 - what's a fair price?

Hi WW - Long time listener, first time poster here. I'm strictly hobbyist doing most of my work on my / for my '89 Land Cruiser - also a little art on the side for the wife..which I am hoping to use as a "reason" to justify a Plasma Cutter - it's for you babe, not me

Found a 380 locally for sale on Craigslist, posting says gently used, I'm hoping to go out and check out / test the unit out. I've poked around here, read the different posts from everyone (including the man himself Jim Colt) and I know the 380 is an older technology 27A unit, torch parts are still available, but power supply parts are no longer available.

I know the consistent advice here says save and afford a newer/better model (like a 30/30XP or 45) - but I gotta be realistic with my immediate needs and finances (2 kids).

Asking what folks think is a fair asking price if the unit is as described by the seller.

Thanks in advance for the advice/direction.

-Kent

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hypertherm 380 - what's a fair price?

If it works and looks decent, maybe $250. It was around $1600 (if I remember correctly). Is good for Sheetmetal....severance cut on about 1/4". Jim Colt

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist