+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Here In The Bunker

Post Thanks / Like

Re: From Here In The Bunker

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    Bein' as this is Monday, and the brewskis are flowin' cause it's Beer Nite.

Loving it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12345678910 View Post
    which one ?
    You will have to sort thru them, If I remember the video was about modifying a oil pickup tube.

Post Thanks / Like

@samm.....I applaud your thought processes and your skill set in being able to bring those thoughts/projects to fruition.

I envy (not in a bad way) the tools you have in your shop....and your ability to use them to the fullest. I barely have room to temporarily set up my welding table and welders in my garage when I need them. So, my lack of space equates to lack of big tools....lathe, drill press, hydraulic press etc. I do have a lot of tools, just not big ones.

I'm an born tinkerer and "idea" guy and am able scab a lot of things together that I need....albeit nothing I'd be proud to share.

I really appreciate your detailed post/pics. They've given me some ideas on how to achieve a few of my projects....although with a much lesser level of professional results.

I hope you can convince K'kins that what you are doing is a valuable service to this community, BUT remember it's not worth creating a rile between you two.
    Last edited by Rangerhgm; 04-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

Post Thanks / Like

So...……..like I got real close...…...only 4 holes left to drill, and tap. SO I CALLED IT A WRAP

Name:  exhaust flange783.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  239.3 KB

Start mangling some tubing tomorrow

K'kins called it cheating. She has to see it work, before she calls it done

4 hydraulic cylinders to go, then get to finish the concrete mixer I started a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Hell, it's my day, and I'm gonna enjoy it Ain't nothin' beats a finished job that was Hell on Wheels.

The old iron had air powered windshield wipers. You'd control the speed with the knob. And if it didn't work, you got out, and gave the wipers a shove to get them going. Hell, I'm goin' on 65...………...been a wild ride.

It's a Country nite

Dave Dudley goes way back. Good stuff.

C.W. used to be the Mayor over there in either Ouray, or Telluride, can't remember...……..but the dood was a local back when I lived in Durango.

I didn't really notice the reference to the Monfort Lane in the song, until I looked at the comments on YouTube. Then I remembered.

Back in the day, when Monfort was still in business, they had a fleet of trucks that were double ought rigs. 100mph on the flat. They were always in the passing lane. Clean bright orange, and white, rigs...……...hauled azz. All gone now.

6. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dated a girl in college, back in my Durango days, that was a neighbor to Dave Dudley. He was a Wisconsin dood. She said he was a drunk, and a wife beater.

Anyways...……………

Del Reeves did a classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Sittin' here, listenin' to the tunes, and thinkin'.

I got no real respect for today's young people. They haven't worked like we used to. Haven't paid their dues. I think they got promise, if they just had the opportunity to work the jobs that used to be in this country. We've given our birthright away. When the factories went away, we lost what the country was all about. The corporations crapped on us, and made it possible for this POS to be in the White House. I'm pretty G'dam angry about it.

Y'all have a good evening. I'm sure havin' a good one Stay healthy

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC...……….back in the day...……..I'm thinkin' we made about .16/mile single (running by yourself), and about .10 if you ran double (running 24/7 in a sleeper operation with another dood driving while you slept).

Folks don't know what it is to work these days.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist