+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting emails every time a post is liked

Post Thanks / Like

Getting emails every time a post is liked

Is there any way to stop getting emails every time someone likes a post of mine? I tried to see if there's an unsubscribe button somewhere but couldn't find it

2. Likes John T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting emails every time a post is liked

When logged in:

1. At the top right of any page, click "Settings" (next to the link for "Log Out")
    2. On the left side of the page, there is a "My Settings" section with a sub-section titled "DBTech - Post Thanks". Click on "Settings" right below that.
    3. Check the boxes labeled "Disable Notifications" and/or "Disable Emails" as desired.

4. Likes Robb M. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. Guess I wasn't searching hard enough.
    Mike
    Ol' Stonebreaker
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes"
    Hobart G-213 portable
    Miller 175 mig
    Miller thunderbolt ac/dc stick
    Victor O/A setup
    Makita chop saw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaiteki View Post
    When logged in:

1. At the top right of any page, click "Settings" (next to the link for "Log Out")
    2. On the left side of the page, there is a "My Settings" section with a sub-section titled "DBTech - Post Thanks". Click on "Settings" right below that.
    3. Check the boxes labeled "Disable Notifications" and/or "Disable Emails" as desired.
    This is on the desktop site?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMan23 View Post
    This is on the desktop site?
    Apparently this section is not working on Mobile, we will have to investigate why that is. From the 'full version' or on a desktop browser you can use this link to adjust your post like notification settings: https://weldingweb.com/vbb/thanks.ph...action=options

cheers,
    robb

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to receive the weekly recaps of new posts to threads I'm subscribed to. How would I go about turning that back on or is it not available in this version?
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I'd like to receive the weekly recaps of new posts to threads I'm subscribed to. How would I go about turning that back on or is it not available in this version?
    At the top of each thread, there is a menu called 'thread tools'. You can subscribe to threads using this. You can also go to the settings link at the top right and set yourself to automatically subscribe if you post in a thread.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 11.29.17.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  27.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Robb M> I'm subscribed to the threads I want updates on. I was receiving weekly e-mails of new posts to subscribed threads. I particularly liked the, "Show us what you welded today thread". That's not happening any longer. I haven't received one weekly e-mail update of new posts since March 30th. Used to be I'd receive one every week. Would you like my password to go in and check or can you just log on as me through the VB admin panel and go check? Maybe I did something wrong?
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

I can't log in as you, but I did send you a test email from the admin panel, please let me know if you received it. It's possible your email provider SBC has blocked emails from WW. It appears historically we were not doing a good job managing our email list hygiene and that has some ISPs blocking us at their network level.

cheers,
    robb

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Robb, I received it. DSW helped me unblock it at AT&T a few years ago. Everything from WW comes through.

"You are receiving this email because your email address was entered as an email test at WeldingWeb� - Welding Community for pros and enthusiasts.

The first step of this email test script has been completed. However, a formatting test is still necessary:

A paragraph break.
    A single line break.

Another paragraph break.
    Another single line break.
    Another single line break.

If the above lines look correct, you are finished. The email features on your server are setup correctly.
    If this email is run together on one line, there is possibly a configuration error with your mail server. Please ensure it is configured correctly.
    "
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

then you should be receiving subscription update emails too. Are you subscribed to this thread and are you getting updates for it?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not subscribed to this thread but I am to others. I'm receiving no weekly e-mail updates on any threads to which I am subscribed. The last were received 3/30, 3/16, and 3/9.
    --
    Hey Robb, thanks for trying to help me... even if it doesn't work.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

i just tried to run the weekly digest update manually, did you receive anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did.

"Dear Equilibrium,

You are subscribed to the thread "Getting emails every time a post is liked" by MetalMan23, there have been 12 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was Equilibrium.
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...-post-is-liked

These following posts were made to the thread:
    Getting emails every time a post is liked
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...41#post8740741
    Posted by: MetalMan23
    On: 04-10-2020 05:38 AM

Is there any way to stop getting emails every time someone likes a post of mine? I tried to see if there's an unsubscribe button somewhere but couldn't find it
    https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...60#post8740760
    Posted by: Tensaiteki
    On: 04-10-2020 07:42 AM

When logged in...
    "
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

in theory you should then receive updates for your other subscriptions too, hmm.

Post Thanks / Like

I know, that's what I was thinking. That's why I offered you my password figuring I screwed something up.
    --
    Is it possible that the "week" started over when you moved all of us back to the old platform?
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

are your subscriptions listed here?

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/subscription.php?folderid=0

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Robb!!! Is it possible when I turned off all those likes getting e-mailed to me earlier today after reading Tensaiteki's how-to that I also shut down my weekly digests?
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Can I like give you remote access to my computer.... I'm a totally boring person... there's nothing on it I couldn't share with the world...
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a weekly update to this thread but not to any others. The system is working. Apparently WW defaulted when you switched us all back to the old version so I stopped getting the updates on threads I'd received them on before. Would you please talk me through what I need to do to get updates on other threads?
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll need to visit each thread, unsubscribe and then re-subscribe. I am not able to figure out why they may have broken. I'm really sorry about that!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha. Thank you and thanks for trying. I only had about 10 or so threads I was subscribed to so shouldn't take lone... providing I can remember how to do it. It's been a while.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

John T :LIKES: those shoes....
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221

True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

26. Likes MetalMan23, Robb M. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! The heel cracked off my last pair while I was wearing them. Talk about doing a not-so-graceful nose dive into some guy in front of me. I found the new pair on eBay.
    MM 211
    Lincoln AC-225
    --

Post Thanks / Like

Now you're just messing with me John T lol

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist