+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the 210 mvp really have 20 more amps then the 190?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does the 210 mvp really have 20 more amps then the 190?

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    One thing.. If you run a decent 140 amp mig (inverter) on a good 20 amp circuit. It will allow that machine to perform pretty well before the breaker snaps.. Very usable to have a small machine that pulls more out of the wall, and wets out the weld bead . The advantage in a machine that can output more and draw more on a 20 amp circuit is it can be setup with a smaller 120 volt generator, and work really well. Goes with 120-120-240 volt plasma cutters too. The ones that stop input draw to 20 amps only, are really pretty weak overall. Pull a little more off that line even with the standard 20 makes all the difference in the world.. Big boys have been doing that for years. Even inverter stick machines too Glad they give you a choice to how much you want to push it..
    I like that inverter stick machines are so cheap now. When they were basically all expensive, or junk, (or expensive and junk) I didn't want an inverter.

I really like that the inverters can output more on the same input amps. Makes a 120v inverter mig way more usable in my opinion
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    That will have enough voltage to spray-arc .030 pretty well. Also will run some dual shield wire. Better option if you do not have to move it much..
    Only tried 90/10, but the 230 definitely has a very good spray arc with an .030 wire. If I remember right it was a touch over 200 amps too. .035 worked well too. Anymore though I mainly just leave C25 hooked up on the unit. If I am going to use the upper taps I just give the base metal a light coat of anti spatter. Taps 10,11, and 12 give some pretty serious arc energy with C25 and an .030 or .035 solid wire. On the upper taps for the voltage level, if you get it dialed in right, the unit produces a fairly low spatter level.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know the amp difference between the 190 and 210, try running some flux cored through that little 210. You will notice the difference in amps with flux cored between the two machines.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist