+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YESWELDER: Anyone used one of these?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: YESWELDER: Anyone used one of these?

Call me old fashioned, I have learned not to buy product from China unless nowhere else exists to buy the same Chinese product that is already shipping from the U.S.

By the time you wait for the product it doesn't seem worth it to me. Waiting 2-3 weeks to get some crap products is not worth my time. I might as well just buy from someone who has already shipped the stuff to the U.S. and has the product to ship on hand.

In some cases it does cost more. I ordered some diamond wheel plates recently. I could have got them for almost half the price ($12 for 3 grits of 6" wheel plates) rather than the $24 w/tax and free shipping from the State I live in. Not worth my time to wait for 3 weeks to get them. At $24 for 3 x 6" diamond wheel plates is still dirt cheap. These are the style that attach to the side of a grinding wheel on a 6" bench grinder.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-6-Inch...0/303168447709

I didn't know they would ship from my State, it just says multiple warehouses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    ===

. Or possibly valid numbers but tracing the shipment of a brochure or toy.
    A $20 welder most likely falls into the category of “toy”.

But who knows - we may be pleasantly surprised. Or NOT.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    How about this one, an Amico plasma for $29.99 ??? I reported this also.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amico-APC-5...g/303575084120
    I wonder what Ebay will do about him.

His listings total '954 sold' total, across several welder auctions I looked at. Could be more.

But he has only two feedbacks for welders. Only 65 feedbacks, total.

His two welder feedbacks go to auctions now shown as
    'This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing'.

All his feedback more than a month old is for selling shirts.

Might be a bogus seller?
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what Ebay will do about him.
    They will close the auctions at minimum, but more likely remove is account. This is pretty common and has been going on more and more as it doesn't cost anything to sign up for Ebay accounts.

Recently there was a listing for a Primeweld welder for $20, and mechanic416 said they guys keeps posting with different accounts and Ebay continues to remove his auctions/accounts.

In the Primeweld auction there was over 200 previous sales also, but most all of them were for some type of clothing, just like the shirts you list as well.

This is definitely a fraudulent seller, IMO.

See this posting and the 2 posted after it which was about 1 month ago.

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...12#post8744612

Post Thanks / Like

They will close the auctions at minimum, more likely remove his account. ...definitely a fraudulent seller

See this posting and the 2 posted after it which was about 1 month ago.

https://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthrea...12#post8744612
    Thanks.
    * Amico MIG-130A Flux, Dual Voltage. Truly portable!
    * HF MIG-180 with all the mods. Heavy.
    * Grizzly H8153 Stick/Tig 130/160.
    * Wards PowrKraft AC-230. Stick & carbon arc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    Yep I posted on that thread and emailed Primeweld so they could take action.
    As mechanic said this goes on every weekend.

This is sophisticated in the sense that the seller sells the shirts for a while- probably to other members of the scam and then waits for a while steals a welder ad description and then puts a price so low that with the ebay get your item or money back many buyers figure why not take a chance.
    But it always is a scam.

If nothing else the loss of use of the money counts for something.

The chinese sellers also put a very long lead time on the fraud item to give them more time to sell more units before the are reported.

Did buy a cheap China MIG/stick welder recently, but it was still $275. Works OK.
    HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS (Anniversary Edition)
    1962 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1974 Idealarc TIG 300 300
    1988 HF Power MIG 150
    2015 Lotos Ltpdc2000d plasma/Stick/TIG
    Victor 100 torch, 200- 210 Oxy/Acet gauges

7. Likes California liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I received the MIG-205DS yesterday. The box and welder were undamaged. The following was included in the box:

Welder with 110v power cord
    220v adapter
    MIG torch with 0.030 tip
    Additional 0.030 and 0.035 tip
    Stick welding stinger
    Ground clamp and cord
    Gas hose
    Additional knurled 0.9/1.0mm drive roll (a 0.8/0.9 V groove drive roll is installed in the machine)
    Funky plastic combination weld hammer/wire brush
    A roll of Teflon tape (I don't know what this is supposed to be for since the gas hose has compression fittings)
    Owner's manual (sort of - same basic manual that is online)

I wound up cutting the gas line to connect it to my 1/4" barbed fitting on my flowmeter/regulator (not the welder's fault - it's a standard hose). It was going to cost as much in adapters as a replacement hose if I need one in the future. The wire access door seems a little flimsy but other that everything seems good. I tried a 4" wire roll just to make sure it fits and then installed a 8" roll. The 8" roll can wobble a little but it seems to work fine. It fires up on both 110v and 220v. I've done just enough welding (220v only) to make sure it wasn't DOA and the settings work. I don't understand how the Thickness function is supposed to work - the settings don't make sense in millimeters or inches.

So far I'm very pleased with the welder, especially for the price. I'll post more once I've actually used it on a project. It will probably be a while, I don't need a welder that often. And keep in mind I'm a beginner/novice welder.
    Last edited by RKCRLR; 05-30-2020 at 08:55 PM.

9. Likes California, Maggnumb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ended up buying wire feed drive rollers from china because they weren't available any other way, it took 6 or 8 weeks on the slow boat, worked & fit great though, got it off Amazon, I think it 9 bucks. I checked at my welding supplier & told him it was from a chinese machine, hell it looks to be much higher quality than the lincoln rolls I've seen, almost looks like a bearing.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed Yeswelder to ask them how the Thickness function worked. The sent me some reference settings and told me "Please don't worry about how the workpiece thickness display work."
    One reference was the 205DS Quick start Guide (https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0024/3249/9821/files/MIG-205DS_Handle_Book.pdf?18286) - they call it a "handle" book. Funny thing is the "handle" book settings are semi-consistent with the Thickness function settings. These settings are "hot". You point, pull, and run in a straight line but they seem to have good penetration. I only tried 0.035 wire and don't have many different thicknesses of scrap metal so take all of this with a grain of salt since I'm a beginner welder.
    You can "lay dimes" using the settings from the chart in this video:
    The also sent me a chart from their upcoming 270K welder (attached) which also seems hot.
    Name:  mig welding chart[696].jpg
Views: 4502
Size:  95.7 KB

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that manages to weld aluminum with this welder. You'd have to "trick" the welder since there is not direct wire feed speed control. However, you can offset the voltage from the amperage setting. Hopefully the synergic function will automatically increase the wire feed speed.
    Last edited by RKCRLR; 06-02-2020 at 09:15 PM.

12. Likes Maggnumb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I forgot to mention (don't know why my option to edit my post disappeared) is the welder has a standard US 110v plug on it. The adapter has male 220v prongs and a female 110v receptacle. What that means is you can use a standard 110v heavy-duty (i.e., 10 Ga) extension cord. Just don't forget and plug something else into it.

14. Likes California liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RKCRLR View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention (don't know why my option to edit my post disappeared) is the welder has a standard US 110v plug on it. The adapter has male 220v prongs and a female 110v receptacle. What that means is you can use a standard 110v heavy-duty (i.e., 10 Ga) extension cord. Just don't forget and plug something else into it.
    That sounds like such a risk for a company. You now someone is going to do just that. I can see the lawsuit now.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the same welder. It will be here today, ordered a tig torch with it and 10# spool of flux core wire. Gonna test it this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve007 View Post
    That sounds like such a risk for a company. You now someone is going to do just that. I can see the lawsuit now.
    Really should have a 230v male on the machine and a 115v adaptor. I wonder why they did it backward>
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I ended up buying wire feed drive rollers from china because they weren't available any other way, it took 6 or 8 weeks on the slow boat, worked & fit great though, got it off Amazon, I think it 9 bucks. I checked at my welding supplier & told him it was from a chinese machine, hell it looks to be much higher quality than the lincoln rolls I've seen, almost looks like a bearing.
    Unless I'm missing something, The feed system ( they sent me pics ) Is the same as an ESAB Rebel and the 141, 181 and 211i Thermal Arc/ Tweco machines. Standard drive system these days. May even be the same as Everlast. Drive rolls should be readily available in the states
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, The feed system ( they sent me pics ) Is the same as an ESAB Rebel and the 141, 181 and 211i Thermal Arc/ Tweco machines. Standard drive system these days. May even be the same as Everlast. Drive rolls should be readily available in the states
    I think the ESAB and Thermal Arc/Tweco drive rolls are a little different. They have a protrusion on the side, I don't know if they will work. The MIG-205DS drive rolls are flush. I ordered this one on a slow boat from china:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-6-0-8-Ste...AAAOSwkhxcdzN1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Really should have a 230v male on the machine and a 115v adaptor. I wonder why they did it backward>
    Perhaps, but I like it this way. I can get a standard 10 ga extension cord and use it with my 25' 8 ga 220v extension cord for some more length or I can use it on a standard 110v outlet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve007 View Post
    That actually sounds moronic to me. There are no pigtails that are designed like that in the industry that I know of, it is standard to have the NEMA 6-50P on the machine cord and use a pigtail that goes from NEMA 50-6R -> NEMA 5-15P, if that is done a standard extension can be used also.

Even so, that doesn't really make sense as most welders will not run very well on a 15 amp 120v circuit, but that is commonly used for 20 amps as well, I guess you could use it on 30 amp 120v circuits, but those are pretty rare for most homes.

Perhaps, but I like it this way. I can get a standard 10 ga extension cord and use it with my 25' 8 ga 220v extension cord for some more length or I can use it on a standard 110v outlet.
    But you could use a standard extension if you had an industry standard pigtail also, so I don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

That actually sounds moronic to me. There are no pigtails that are designed like that in the industry that I know of, it is standard to have the NEMA 6-50P on the machine cord and use a pigtail that goes from NEMA 50-6R -> NEMA 5-15P, if that is done a standard extension can be used also.

Even so, that doesn't really make sense as most welders will not run very well on a 15 amp 120v circuit, but that is commonly used for 20 amps as well, I guess you could use it on 30 amp 120v circuits, but those are pretty rare for most homes.

But you could use a standard extension if you had an industry standard pigtail also, so I don't get it.
    I guess I'm missing something. I can plug the Yeswelder adapter into my NEMA-50R outlet and use a NEMA 5-15 extension cord to run 220v to the welder.
    How would I run 220v to the welder using a NEMA 5-15 extension cord and an industry standard pigtail?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm missing something. I can plug the Yeswelder adapter into my NEMA-50R outlet and use a NEMA 5-15 extension cord to run 220v to the welder.
    How would I run 220v to the welder using a NEMA 5-15 extension cord and an industry standard pigtail?
    Maybe I'm misunderstand you then, if so my bad. I thought you were saying the welder had a 120v plug on it and that it had a pigtail with a 120v receptacle to a standard NEMA 50-6P so it could plug into a welding circuit. If so, this is absolutely moronic as that pigtail is not common in the industry and doesn't seem to make sense as the wire gauge is more likely smaller for the 120v plug, but maybe it uses large wire. None the less, you will always have a lower powered plug in the middle of the entire length.

On the more common pigtail you will always have the lower amperage on the 120v pigtail side, if I understand the Yeswelder adapter correctly you will always have 240v going through the 120v plug..

Post Thanks / Like

On the more common pigtail you will always have the lower amperage on the 120v pigtail side, if I understand the Yeswelder adapter correctly you will always have 240v going through the 120v plug..
    That is correct (unless you plug it into a 120v outlet).
    Last edited by RKCRLR; 06-07-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is correct (unless you plug it into a 120v outlet).
    But here's the bigger worry. 120v extension cords are common in small sizes only good for 15 amps. Seems very easy for someone to say, "Hey, I need to get my welder over to there, I'll just plug it into this extension I have!", and then plug that into the pigtail and into a 240v circuit. Just something to be aware of.

Post Thanks / Like

But here's the bigger worry. 120v extension cords are common in small sizes only good for 15 amps. Seems very easy for someone to say, "Hey, I need to get my welder over to there, I'll just plug it into this extension I have!", and then plug that into the pigtail and into a 240v circuit. Just something to be aware of.
    Yep, it will take a little common sense. Sort of like using a small extension cord for a large power tool on a 20 amp circuit.
    I haven' tried it yet because the largest 120v extension cord I have is 12 AWG. But I may pick up a 10 AWG extension cord some day.
    It isn't that bad when you think about it. The max current the welder draws is 32 amps. Averaged over the 60% duty cycle is about 20 amps. A good extension cord laying in open air should be able to dissipate the heat and not cause much of a voltage drop.

27. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well got my 205ds mig Yeswelder. Mig shielded and flux wiring welding works great. Sticks good as well. Got my tig lead in and my bottle of argon. Will be trying that next.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maggnumb View Post
    Well got my 205ds mig Yeswelder. Mig shielded and flux wiring welding works great. Sticks good as well. Got my tig lead in and my bottle of argon. Will be trying that next.
    I'd be interested in hearing if you try MIG welding aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in hearing if you try MIG welding aluminum.
    Well the tig function works very well for being lift tig. But I wont be trying spool gun welding on this thing unless someone comes up with a guide or something. This is the first machine I've ever personally owned.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist