+ Reply to Thread

Thread: POWER I-MIG 200 optional upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

POWER I-MIG 200 optional upgrades

Ready to add a Mig to my shop to compliment my 350EXT. Don't need a lot of power, the 350 can do the big jobs. I will mostly use the MIG for tacking things together and automotive sheet-metal jobs, but I decided on at least 200 amps for my purchase because I might want to do a repair on heavier work like Trailers, etc. Objects/setups where a TIG just isn't fun to do.

Thinking it may be better to get an upgrade MIG gun, the 15' 25 series is listed as an option and will better suit my long term goals for this machine. Being over rated, I'll never burn it up. Can that be purchased to replace the 10' 15 series, instead of being in addition to it?

The machine is listed as capable of .035 wire (which I already l own a lot of), what is the better drive roll for this size? I see quite a few listed, just go for the .030/035 one?

Any sales or package deals for this (or similar) machine? I'm ready to buy, but can wait if there something worth waiting for.
    Everlast 350 EXT - Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 - Rogue Fabrication M600 xHD tube bender
    Milwaukee 4208 Mag Drill - Shopmaster Eldorado Combo mill/lathe machine with DRO.

south GA where its hot in summer and cold in winter
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: POWER I-MIG 200 optional upgrades

Your best bet would be the 230i. If you are going to upgrade the gun, use the 24 series, not the 25. Consumables are more widely available.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    Your best bet would be the 230i. If you are going to upgrade the gun, use the 24 series, not the 25. Consumables are more widely available.
    what are your thoughts on the 211SI? I don't *need* more than 200 amps for mig, and it would be nice to have a TIG machine setup for low current DC for my stainless work (70-130 amps max). I can then leave the 350EXT setup for heavy aluminum. Paying a few more bucks for the TIG makes sense for my needs. It seems the MIG features are pretty comprehensive.

Is the sales desk not staffed these days? I emailed a sales inquiry to sales@everlastwelders.com on a machine and some accessories/parts a few days ago and never got a reply.
    Everlast 350 EXT - Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 - Rogue Fabrication M600 xHD tube bender
    Milwaukee 4208 Mag Drill - Shopmaster Eldorado Combo mill/lathe machine with DRO.

Post Thanks / Like

No, the desk is staffed. Just short handed right now due to the obvious virus issues.
    211si is a fine machine. It's basic, but capable. Don't expect E6010 from the stick side though. It also only has a 8" roll capacity and two roll drive roll rather than 4.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lugweld View Post
    No, the desk is staffed. Just short handed right now due to the obvious virus issues.
    211si is a fine machine. It's basic, but capable. Don't expect E6010 from the stick side though. It also only has a 8" roll capacity and two roll drive roll rather than 4.
    While lower in duty cycle and total amps, does it's mig capability and flexibility compare well to the 230i? things like Inductance and burn back are features I like to see are included but aren't well described, and the memory feature is nice to have on the 211SI.

I have the 350EXT for stick welding. I jsut don't have a mig in my shop.

Post Thanks / Like

What you are asking is going to depend upon your perspective. As far as weld quality within the same range, you should see little difference. But you are more limited on MIG capability, in both capacity, number of drive rolls and duty cycle. The 230i is a far better stick welder, and you have a few other features.
    Esab Migmaster 250
    Lincoln SA 200
    Lincoln Ranger 8
    Smith Oxy Fuel setup
    Everlast PowerPlasma 80
    Everlast Power iMIG 160
    Everlast Power iMIG 205
    Everlast Power iMIG 140E
    Everlast PowerARC 300
    Everlast PowerARC 140ST
    Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist